Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the same question. My father arrived on 23rd June. Got the ssn after a week; but we are still waiting for physical green card. Any insight would be appreciated

Comment

• Dear Forum members,
      My sister and her husband entered US on Feb.23. The SSN arrived in less than two weeks. The GC came in around the beginning of the tenth week. Generally the GC can take upto three months. Things may have been streamlined in the last six months and so the time frame may be slightly different now.
      Best wishes to all. Requesting all members of the forum entering the US in near future to kindly share their experiences at the port of entry and subsequently.

Comment

• Any new ILs after issuance of June last week?

Comment

• My in-law's passport arrived but, my mother-in-law visa stamp is missing last letter under middle name it's printed as "RAMESHBHA" instead of "RAMESHBHAI"

Any one had this issue? is there a character limit that will prevent them printing last letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by PayalRoshanPatel View Post
            Any one got new IL this week ?
            no, waiting for the DQ date of July 22nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by nchhangani View Post

no, waiting for the DQ date of July 22nd.
              My parents DQ date is july 9th. I am waiting too

Comment

• Dear Members of the Forum,
                the new set of ILs have been delayed beyond our statistical extrapolation. I wonder if this has to do excessive rains in Mumbai. I am very hopeful that new set of IL should come in by evening today( no more than 24 hours from now). Again this is only being hopeful. No certainty. Best wishes to all in waiting.

Comment

• Thanks for your words of hope .

Comment

• I am sure the next date of ILs will e dispatched very soon,maybe in the next 7 to 15 days.Best wishes to all members who are waiting for IL.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post
                      Dear Members of the Forum,
                      the new set of ILs have been delayed beyond our statistical extrapolation. I wonder if this has to do excessive rains in Mumbai. I am very hopeful that new set of IL should come in by evening today( no more than 24 hours from now). Again this is only being hopeful. No certainty. Best wishes to all in waiting.
                      I think rain in Mumbai has no roll in delay in new despatches of IL because it is NVC which is responsible for schedulling. But, the consulate has become busy in taking in / schedulling Visitors visas applications / from October onwards.
                      I landed on jfk yesterday. The visa officer asked my US address and took my picture on camera and sent me to another officer where waited for another 5 minutes. The officer did not ask anything and put a stamp in the passport and said "good day".Hardly 10 to 12 minutes of total process, majority of which was waiting.
                      I had 6 dollar notes in my wallet which I used to release a trolley for my bags. Got the bags and rolled out of the airport to my waiting daughter and SiL.and they drove me home.
                      Last edited by GeoMac; 07-13-2022, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

I think rain in Mumbai has no roll in delay in new despatches of IL because it is NVC which is responsible for schedulling. But, the consulate has become busy in taking in / schedulling Visitors visas applications / from October onwards.
                        I landed on jfk yesterday. The visa officer asked my US address and took my picture on camera and sent me to another officer where waiting was another 5 minutes. Did not ask anything and put a stamp and said "good day".Hardly 10 to 12 minutes of total process, majority of which was waiting.
                        I had 6 dollar notes in my wallet which I used to release a trolley for my bags. Got the bags and rolled out of the airport to my waiting daughter and SiL.and they drove me home.
                        Heartiest Congratulations GeoMac for reaching the United States. Thanks for the update. Good to note that you had a smooth sailing through the immigration.
                        About the rain part, you may be partially correct. NVC schedules the interviews but the slots are given by the US Consulate. Maybe the consulate has become busy in B1/B2 visas and I-20s.
                        Best wishes to all in waiting.

Comment

I landed on jfk yesterday. The visa officer asked my US address and took my picture on camera and sent me to another officer where waiting was another 5 minutes. Did not ask anything and put a stamp and said "good day".Hardly 10 to 12 minutes of total process, majority of which was waiting.
                          Extremely happy for you dear Geomac.Its so nice to be with our family,especially daughter!Very nice that you did not have any problem during immigration process too.Hearty congratulations for attaining your goal ! Best wishes always!

Comment

Dear Geo Mac,

WELCOME to America and to your Daughter and Son-in-Law. You have been the soul of this web site. I wish you all the happiness.

Krishan

Comment

• Hi to all,
                              my parents interviewed done month back officer approved visa and took passport after one month on July 7 status is AP no 221g given how long more it will take to issue visa ? Any help will be appreciate.
                              Thanks

Comment

• Thank you very much dear AlienKanpur and sapnaanagol.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X