Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post
    URGENT; My parent's passports expired during a pandemic and they got new ones, now when I am trying to take their VAC appointment they are asking for passport details, which one should I enter the one I gave on DS 260 or the new ones? Any experience?
    No experience but my common sense tells me that the passport details should be of the passport which is now valid. Offcourse you will have to carry both passports together at all appointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

No experience but my common sense tells me that the passport details should be of the passport which is now valid. Offcourse you will have to carry both passports together at all appointments.
      Mr Malik there is no co-relation of VAC with your DS 260 entries. Please enter the new PP info on the VAC site. Please show both PPs at the time of interview in consulate.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post
        Dear mdhar , a medical examination before you receive the IL is meaning less. You can do the medical examination but it will not get linked to the Visa petition. Let me also state that the validity of the medical examination is six months. Wait for the IL and then plan for the medical etc, Best wishes.
        Mr Dhar, please be advised that you cannot do the medical for IV without the IL. General medical check-ups can be done anytime but will not be linked to your IV.

Comment

• My Dad(IR5) was asked to complete the Sputum Test (End of February 2022) during the medical examination , and was asked not to go for the Interview at the Consulate.
          He did complete his VAC appointment the same time. Today we came to know that his tests are negative. What happens know ? Does he need to do his VAC process again ? Can anyone help me and explain the process. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Dear fellow members, Background story: Recently my (Petitioner) address changed here in US, I filed all the application (DS260) with my "now" old address. So my DS260 application question at the end was " Is this address where you want your permanent residence card?" The answer was "Yes" for obvious reason because that time I did not know my job location will change.
            I called NVC and after almost holding 2 hours I informed the agent and gave my new address verbally, he said he will update in the system.

Question: how can I see that my address got updated ? Am I suppose to file any application?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
              Dear fellow members, Background story: Recently my (Petitioner) address changed here in US, I filed all the application (DS260) with my "now" old address. So my DS260 application question at the end was " Is this address where you want your permanent residence card?" The answer was "Yes" for obvious reason because that time I did not know my job location will change.
              I called NVC and after almost holding 2 hours I informed the agent and gave my new address verbally, he said he will update in the system.

Question: how can I see that my address got updated ? Am I suppose to file any application?
              Dear Forum member, There is no need to worry. I understand that the beneficiaries, when they get the IL, will have to fill some on line forms where they will have to state the address at which they want the Green Card to be delivered. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
                Dear fellow members, Background story: Recently my (Petitioner) address changed here in US, I filed all the application (DS260) with my "now" old address. So my DS260 application question at the end was " Is this address where you want your permanent residence card?" The answer was "Yes" for obvious reason because that time I did not know my job location will change.

Question 2) in CEAC account i just noticed some difference in payment in my Mom and Dad's account , For mom I see I made two payment, one AOS:$120 and for IV fee: $325, however There is just one payment made for Dad which is IV fees : $325. This all happened in Jan 2020, Do I need to pay anything else now? Dad's account says :Paid: under Affidavit of support column. please help why there is difference is fees for both parent?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by asg1957 View Post

Mr Malik there is no co-relation of VAC with your DS 260 entries. Please enter the new PP info on the VAC site. Please show both PPs at the time of interview in consulate.
                    Thanks, I was concerned about data mismatch

Comment

• Hi Friends, I have a question on the receipt of the GC card and the SSN for the dependents . My dependents' visa was approved and we were asked to pay the immigration fee of $220. I am here in the US and my family will be coming to the US in June 2022. I have paid the fee through the USCIS website as instructed. My question is when can I expect their green cards and their SSN?. Will I get it before they arrive here since I have paid the fees or is it sent only after they arrive here in the US. Any insights on this is truly appreciated.
                      Thanks

Comment

• Thank you all for the help.
                        Another question who have already taken the interview recently - Did your parents take the original I864 and I864 that was submitted in 2020? Or did you fill up again and sent them the latest I864 with the latest signature?

Comment

• Has anyone been able to accompany the parents inside the embassy?

Comment

• My and my husband changed jobs and moved in the same city as well within these 2 years. Do we need to send new 864 and 864A?Please help.

Comment

• Mom finished interview this morning and got her visa approved ..Her appointment was at 7:30am and she came out by 9:00..basic questions were asked like what I do and names of grand kids ..this forum has been greatly helpful ..We haven’t submitted new PCC ..old one was issued in dec 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankee25 View Post
                                Mom finished interview this morning and got her visa approved ..Her appointment was at 7:30am and she came out by 9:00..basic questions were asked like what I do and names of grand kids ..this forum has been greatly helpful ..We haven’t submitted new PCC ..old one was issued in dec 2020.
                                congratulations..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X