Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

How many days did it take for your mom to recieve her Passport from the consulate.
    There seems to be a delay in 2 of us here in this forum.
    Plz let us know.
    Thank you
    Their interview was on 6th September and they received passport on 12th, we did home delivery

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
      Hi everyone, my mother's visa was denied under the section 221(g). I was asked to submit Form i-864 and i-864a. I submitted i-864ez form on nvc before DQ, I fall under the 3 conditional listed for i-864ez. So that is why i filled i-864ez. So I don't understand why they would require me to submit a regular i-864. I do file income tax jointly every year but my income alone was suffcient enough to not require a joint sponsor. Anyone with similar situation? or can provide any information.
      Thank you
      Dear abhishekhawat,
      Your problem is simple. Just do what the consular officer has demanded through 221(g). Please do not complicate the issue. There is no point in locking horns with consulate. Actually what they have demanded from you is to rectify your mistake. You should have simply presented i864 affidavit of support. In my case, to quote, my daughter's salary itself is enough to support more people at a time (as per poverty guidelines) but still the NVC asked for another household person (i.e. her husband) to submit his i864a because they file their IT return jointly. After we submitted the i864a in a couple of days, the NVC promptly approved my docs and made my case DQ.
      What you have to do is, prepare all docs which consular officer has asked for through 221(g) and submit at the nearest VAC. No need to go to NVC because the demand is from consulate, so when you submit docs at VAC, ultimately they will reach the consulate and with in a few days the passport will come to your mom with visa stamped on it.
      Last edited by GeoMac; 09-13-2022, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear abhishekhawat,
        Your problem is simple. Just do what the consular officer has demanded through 221(g). Please do not complicate the issue. There is no point in locking horns with consulate. Actually what they have demanded from you is to rectify your mistake. You should have simply presented i864 affidavit of support. In my case, to quote, my daughter's salary itself is enough to support 9 people at a time (as per poverty guidelines) but still the NVC asked for another household person i.e. her husband to submit his i864a because they file their IT return jointly. After we submitted the i864a, NVC promptly approved my docs and made my case DQ.
        What you have to do is, prepare all docs which consular officer has asked for in 221(g) and submit at nearest VAC. No need to go to NVC because the demand is from consulate so when you submit docs at VAC, ultimately they will reach the consulate and with in few days the passport will come to your mom.
        Dear GeoMac, I really appreciate your help. I will have all the documents ready and sent to the VAC. I will keep everyone updated.

Comment

• hi folks,

My mom and dad are being sponsored for their IR5 by my sister and my brother-in-law. She had applied first for my dad, and then my mother separately. At the time they had applied for my dad, they had asked for a tax filing extension for unrelated reasons, and were not able to provide their most recent tax return but they did provide for the previous 2 years, as well as W2's. When they filed for my mom they had filed tax returns and were able to provide for all past 3 years. Now we have gotten a "does not meet financial requirement, and needs joint sponsor" for my dad. However, we did not get this for my mom. Their combined finances easily meet and easily exceed the financial requirements of 125% of poverty line.

I am also now a citizen, and can be a joint sponsor. Their interview is on the 27th of September, and I have all the paperwork ready, but cannot find the way to be added as a joint sponsor. Can anyone else who has been through this specify? The website does not have any way to add me as a joint sponsor. The best I can think of is to send the i864 signed doc as a hard copy with all supporting documents.

Separately, I'm also unsure if it's required since my sister has updated her and her husband's financial information in the website.

Please advise..

Thanks

Comment

My updated CEAC is also 12th September.
            I think the delay is due to the large number of holidays in this period.
            I have a gut feeling that we will receive our Passports with the stamp by this weekend.
            Plz let me know about your mom's update too.
            On Sept 13 CEAC case status changed from ‘Refused’ to ‘Administrative Processing’.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post

Their interview was on 6th September and they received passport on 12th, we did home delivery
              Congratulations that you received your passport. Though you have explained in details whole process in your message of 6/9/2022, I request you to please write in details how you cancelled your dad interview appointment and how you rescheduled your dad appointment for interview. Please also provide email address and phone number where you sent various communications. My parents interview is fast approaching and we want to be ready if anyone has to go far sputum test

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar2 View Post
                hi folks,

My mom and dad are being sponsored for their IR5 by my sister and my brother-in-law. She had applied first for my dad, and then my mother separately. At the time they had applied for my dad, they had asked for a tax filing extension for unrelated reasons, and were not able to provide their most recent tax return but they did provide for the previous 2 years, as well as W2's. When they filed for my mom they had filed tax returns and were able to provide for all past 3 years. Now we have gotten a "does not meet financial requirement, and needs joint sponsor" for my dad. However, we did not get this for my mom. Their combined finances easily meet and easily exceed the financial requirements of 125% of poverty line.

I am also now a citizen, and can be a joint sponsor. Their interview is on the 27th of September, and I have all the paperwork ready, but cannot find the way to be added as a joint sponsor. Can anyone else who has been through this specify? The website does not have any way to add me as a joint sponsor. The best I can think of is to send the i864 signed doc as a hard copy with all supporting documents.

Separately, I'm also unsure if it's required since my sister has updated her and her husband's financial information in the website.

Please advise..

Thanks
                Hi,
                My suggestion is just sand them pdf file to e mail so they can print out and carry with them.

Comment

• Hello all members,
                  I just want to share my experience of my parent Interview , they approved at the window and told they will received passport in 10 days but not received one month status was not changed Says Ready after one month received passport with no stamp . One paper inside passport 212A no other explanation what to do I travel to US and hired lawyer to much Expensive to file waiver form. Now who know how long it will take ? Hardship form call waiver of grounds of inadmissibility .

Comment

• Hi - are there any ways to expedite the interview date? My dad is old and very lonely. And that is making me very anxious (he lives in India and I am in US). He got DQ in July; not sure when to expect the interview date.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post

Dear GeoMac, I really appreciate your help. I will have all the documents ready and sent to the VAC. I will keep everyone updated.
                      I completely agree with Geomac.You just have to give them what they have asked for.They will not comply with our suggestions or mails.Plz submit the document asap to the nearest VAC

Comment

• Originally posted by dream2021 View Post

On Sept 13 CEAC case status changed from ‘Refused’ to ‘Administrative Processing’.
                        Your Mom's case is is moving ahead. That's good news.
                        How many times did they update to ultimately change the status to Administrative Processing?
                        Plz let me know & also when she receives a mail that the Passport is dispatched from Embassy.
                        It's causing a lot of heart burn to me also.I have to leave India on or before 9th November

Comment

Your Mom's case is is moving ahead. That's good news.
                          How many times did they update to ultimately change the status to Administrative Processing?
                          Plz let me know & also when she receives a mail that the Passport is dispatched from Embassy.
                          It's causing a lot of heart burn to me also.I have to leave India on or before 9th November
                          On sept 14 status changed to Issued. Now waiting on passport.

Comment

• Originally posted by dream2021 View Post

On sept 14 status changed to Issued. Now waiting on passport.

Congratulations dear dream2021.
                            Plz let me know when she receives Passport & about the visa stamping.
                            Hope & pray that I get mine also soon.
                            My status has not changed after 12th Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post

Heartiest Congratulations rmalik. best wishes for the forthcoming travel to USA

Comment

• The last IR5 interview letter was received on July 25, 2022. That was for DQ date Sept 15, 2021. Since then , 50 days have passed. There has been no movement. Any idea what is going on and what to expect ?. My DQ date is Feb 4, 2022. Am concerned about those who are in front of me in the Que, for obvious reasons !😀

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X