Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a query,if I tell at the point of entry that I have decided to stay elsewhere,my son~s place, is it ok? I should tell them about change of address right? will there be any problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
      I had a query,if I tell at the point of entry that I have decided to stay elsewhere,my son~s place, is it ok? I should tell them about change of address right? will there be any problem?
      Hi Sapnaanagol, at the POE just mention the change of address. They check the address to verify where the SSN and GC will be sent out. There will be no problem at all if you decide to stay somewhere else. Just make sure someone is there at the given address, and you receive the SSN and GC when it arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Heartiest Congratulations on the arrival of your parents and for the smooth entry. All is well that ends well. Best wishes for the reunion with your family.
        Thank you!

Comment

• Hi All,

Quick question, my mother in law's visa stamp expires on January 1st. I have read some post that the person needs to be in USA before the medical expires, therefore, how do we know when the medical expires? and if the visa stamp is as of January 1st 2023, then which date should we follow to decide when she should come to US.

Thanks,
          A

Comment

I had a query,if I tell at the point of entry that I have decided to stay elsewhere,my son~s place, is it ok? I should tell them about change of address right? will there be any problem?
            Dear sapnaanagol,
            Are you planning on a prolonged stay at your sons place. In case you wish to receive the SSN and the GC at a different address you need to update the address at the USCIS website. The officer at the POE will confirm about where you plan to stay and will confirm the address at which you plan to receive the SSN and the GC. The officer at the POE is least bothered about the actual place you are planning to stay at. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by apshah05 View Post
              Hi All,

Quick question, my mother in law's visa stamp expires on January 1st. I have read some post that the person needs to be in USA before the medical expires, therefore, how do we know when the medical expires? and if the visa stamp is as of January 1st 2023, then which date should we follow to decide when she should come to US.

Thanks,
              A
              Dear apshah05,
              Your MIL should enter USA before the expiry of the medical. To my understanding the Validity of the Visa is decided accordingly. Perhaps your MIL would have reported for the medical on or around July 1. Six months are counted from the date she would have first reported for the medical examination.
              Best wishes.

Comment

• I have few questions if anyone can help with these:
                I see some folks are getting SSN in 10-15 after reaching US, Is there way to track the status? Should we just wait for 2 weeks and then go to SSN office?
                We filled a form for change of address few months back now hoping the SSN and green card will come to the new address, Is there a way to check the address if it was updated or now. No one asked about the address at the POE so we are not sure what address do they have in the system.

Comment

Dear apshah05,
                  Your MIL should enter USA before the expiry of the medical. To my understanding the Validity of the Visa is decided accordingly. Perhaps your MIL would have reported for the medical on or around July 1. Six months are counted from the date she would have first reported for the medical examination.
                  Best wishes.
                  Dear apshah05
                  AlienKanpur has rightly said 6 months, 180 days to be more specific. But dear be sure that this is counted from the first day of medical test. If ever there were further tests and more time was consumed before declaring NORMAL, then there will be less time left to enter the US. See your visa stamp carefully There is a date IV Expires on xxxxxxxxx. This is 180 days after your Medical.

Comment

Yes dear abhishekhawat.We need to go to USA before our medical expires.Plz book her tickets way in advance, one never knows last minute problems especially if one gets Covid,12 to 15 days will go! Thank you,Congratulations & Best Wishes
                    sapnaanagol has rightly advised abhishekhawat, not to wait too long and book the flight at the earliest. There can be any hurdle in flying. Just now Florida and Canada are facing hurricanes. This is the season now. Covid and any other contageous diseases can spoil your plans of flying. God bless.

Comment

Dear sapnaanagol
                      Please do not do that at the POE. At the POE the immigration officer will ask you who is the Petitioner and where will you stay in the US? Please say the name and address of the petitioner as you declared in DS260. And your petitioner has signed AOS i864 for you. You have to mention your address for receiving GC when you pay $220. Even if you stay at your son's, let the GC and SSN go to your petitioner's place. Once everything of the final leg of your immigration finishes smoothly, then do whatever. Changing address on USCIS seems easy but it has some impact later on.
                      Last edited by GeoMac; 09-23-2022, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I will give our experience with this process so it may help someone who is still not at the final process yet.

I petitioned for my mother. DQ: 12 march 2021. Received the IL on may 4, 2022.

The original interview was scheduled for June 6, 2022.

Medical process: We called the Apollo hospital in Gandhinagar to schedule the medical appointment. Medical appointment was given for may 30, 2022.

Documents for medical:
                        • Original appointment letter;Passport;
                        • Four recent photographs;
                        • All medical records of vaccinations, prior illnesses or treatments. My mother did not have records for vaccination so the doctor gave her all the required vaccines at the time of the medical exam.
                        • DS-260 confirmation page
                        Medical exam took about 3 hours and she was asked to do the sputum tests after the doctor found some signs of TB in her chest during x-ray. She was asked to come to the hospital right after waking up and without brushing teeth or rinsing her mouth. They took 3 samples, one each day. After the sampling was done, we had to wait for 2 months for the report to come. After 2 months past by, we called the hospital to see if the report was available, and they informed us to come meet the doctor to collect the report. Her report was negative. The official report was sent directly to the consulate and we were given 2 papers that needed to be shown at the consulate and at the airport. After we got the results, one week later, the consulate in Mumbai emailed with steps to reschedule a fingerprint and the official interview.

VAC process: VAC appointment was scheduled for september 9th, 2022 at 2:40pm in mumbai.

My sister went along with my mother. They decided to wait at the VAC location for the appointment time so right after they arrived in Mumbai, they went straight to the VAC location. They arrived at the location around 11:30am and immediately they were asked to come inside since she was a senior citizen. The VAC appointment took only 10 minutes and they left the building by 11:50am.

VAC documents:
                        • A valid passport
                        • VAC appointment letter
                        • DS 260 confirmation page
                        Interview process: The interview was scheduled for september 12, 2022 at 7:15am in mumbai.

My mom and my sister arrived at the consulate around 6am in the morning and the line was huge. People were standing in line based on the time of their interviews. My sister had to wait outside since was not allowed inside. The interview started around 7:25am. My mother did not speak any English at all so when she was called to the interview desk, she handed all the documents to the immiration officer. The officer did speak a little bit of hindi but there was a proper interpreter there to translate.

Documents for the interview:
                        • Two recent photographs 2x2 inches
                        • Medical Report (No X-ray films or discs)
                        • Police Clearance Certificate. My mothers PCC was over 1 year old but the embassy accepted it.
                        • Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree
                        • Affidavit of Support: Forms I-864, I-864A, recent Tax returns, W2s and job letter (if not already submitted to the NVC)
                        Question asked during the interview:
                        • How many children do you have?
                        • Where do they live?
                        • Who is the petitioner?
                        • How many children does the petitioner have?
                        • How old are the petitioners' children?
                        • Why are you going to the USA?
                        • Which state in the USA are you going to? My mom said she doesn't know how to pronounce “TEXAS”. The immration officer started laughing and said no worries Amma and went on to the last question.
                        • How do you manage to live here in India?
                        The interview process took about 2 and half hours. She was denied the visa and was given a 221(g) form which stated that her file was incomplet and she needed to submit additional documents requested by the immragtion officer. In our case: they wanted me to submit the original I-864 and I-864A and other supporting documents related to I-864 and I-864A. I submitted I-864ez originally to NVC before I was documentary qualified even though I was qualified to submit I-864ez only. I uploaded the new documents requested on the NVC website and sent the copies to my sister so she can print them off and submit them at the document drop off location. The documents were dropped off on 9/20/2022 at a drop-off location in Ahmedabad and she had to pay 650 INR. The documents reached the embassy on 9/21/2022 and by the morning of 9/22/2022, her visa was approved and printed on her passport. Present day today. The status now shows that her passport has been handed off from the embassy and it is at the courier service for delivery. Seems like the passport should be delivered by this coming monday.

My mother’s medical report expires next month on the 27th so we will be planning her arrival before that date. Note: the medical report expiration date was listed in the email the embassy sent us after her medical report was submitted to the embassy. I am not sure of other ways to know your medical expiration date.
                        Once again, A huge thank you to everyone on the forum for clearing all of my questions and doubts. I know this post is lengthy but I wanted to provide all the details so one can use it to know what to expect,

All the best to everyone.

Comment

Dear sapnaanagol,
                          Are you planning on a prolonged stay at your sons place. In case you wish to receive the SSN and the GC at a different address you need to update the address at the USCIS website. The officer at the POE will confirm about where you plan to stay and will confirm the address at which you plan to receive the SSN and the GC. The officer at the POE is least bothered about the actual place you are planning to stay at. Best wishes.
                          Thank you dear AleinKanpur.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
                            Hi everyone. I will give our experience with this process so it may help someone who is still not at the final process yet.

Medical process: We called the Apollo hospital in Gandhinagar to schedule the medical appointment. Medical appointment was given for may 30, 2022.

Documents for medical:
                            • All medical records of vaccinations, prior illnesses or treatments. My mother did not have records for vaccination so the doctor gave her all the required vaccines at the time of the medical exam.
                            Medical exam took about 3 hours and she was asked to do the sputum tests after the doctor found some signs of TB in her chest during x-ray. She was asked to come to the hospital right after waking up and without brushing teeth or rinsing her mouth. They took 3 samples, one each day. After the sampling was done, we had to wait for 2 months for the report to come. After 2 months past by, we called the hospital to see if the report was available, and they informed us to come meet the doctor to collect the report. Her report was negative. The official report was sent directly to the consulate and we were given 2 papers that needed to be shown at the consulate and at the airport. After we got the results, one week later, the consulate in Mumbai emailed with steps to reschedule a fingerprint and the official interview.

VAC process: VAC appointment was scheduled for september 9th, 2022 at 2:40pm in mumbai.

My sister went along with my mother. They decided to wait at the VAC location for the appointment time so right after they arrived in Mumbai, they went straight to the VAC location. They arrived at the location around 11:30am and immediately they were asked to come inside since she was a senior citizen. The VAC appointment took only 10 minutes and they left the building by 11:50am.

VAC documents:
                            • A valid passport
                            • VAC appointment letter
                            Interview process: The interview was scheduled for september 12, 2022 at 7:15am in mumbai.

My mom and my sister arrived at the consulate around 6am in the morning and the line was huge. People were standing in line based on the time of their interviews. My sister had to wait outside since was not allowed inside. The interview started around 7:25am. My mother did not speak any English at all so when she was called to the interview desk, she handed all the documents to the immiration officer. The officer did speak a little bit of hindi but there was a proper interpreter there to translate.

• Police Clearance Certificate. My mothers PCC was over 1 year old but the embassy accepted it.
                            • Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree
                            • Affidavit of Support: Forms I-864, I-864A, recent Tax returns, W2s and job letter (if not already submitted to the NVC)
                            • Where do they live?
                            • Who is the petitioner?
                            • Which state in the USA are you going to? My mom said she doesn't know how to pronounce “TEXAS”. The immration officer started laughing and said no worries Amma and went on o the last question.
                            The interview process took about 2 and half hours. She was denied the visa and was given a 221(g) form which stated that her file was incomplet and she needed to submit additional documents requested by the immragtion officer. In our case: they wanted me to submit the original I-864 and I-864A and other supporting documents related to I-864 and I-864A. I submitted I-864ez originally to NVC before I was documentary qualified even though I was qualified to submit I-864ez only. I uploaded the new documents requested on the NVC website and sent the copies to my sister so she can print them off and submit them at the document drop off location. The documents were dropped off on 9/20/2022 at a drop-off location in Ahmedabad and she had to pay 650 INR. The documents reached the embassy on 9/21/2022 and by the morning of 9/22/2022, her visa was approved and printed on her passport. Present day today. The status now shows that her passport has been handed off from the embassy and it is at the courier service for delivery. Seems like the passport should be delivered by this coming monday.

My mother’s medical report expires next month on the 27th so we will be planning her arrival before that date. Note: the medical report expiration date was listed in the email the embassy sent us after her medical report was submitted to the embassy. I am not sure of other ways to know your medical expiration date.
                            Once again, A huge thank you to everyone on the forum for clearing all of my questions and doubts. I know this post is lengthy but I wanted to provide all the details so one can use it to know what to expect,

Awesome details. FYI for readers, my mom had a little different experience. she also had to go through sputum test but she is from Delhi. I will write all the details like this once her entire case is complete. praying and keeping fingers crossed ...

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
                              Hi everyone. I will give our experience with this process so it may help someone who is still not at the final process yet.

Documents for medical:

VAC documents:
                              • A valid passport
                              • VAC appointment letter

• Where do they live?
                              • Who is the petitioner?
                              • Which state in the USA are you going to? My mom said she doesn't know how to pronounce “TEXAS”. The immration officer started laughing and said no worries Amma and went on to the last question.

Great job abhishekhawat. This summary could be of great help to members of the forum, in waiting.
                              One thing that surprised me is the validity of the medical. Your mom appeared for the medical on May 30. So the validity should be upto the end of November. Whereas you mention Oct. 27. If this is true than perhaps the validity for the sputum cases seems to be lesser by a month. Maybe sapnaanagol can add to this, for the benefit of the forum members.
                              Best wishes

Comment

• Dear Forum members, my permanent resident card (Green Card) got delivered a little while ago, i.e. on September 24, 2022. . Exactly 38 days after entering USA. However my wife’s status is still showing as Card is being produced.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X