Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post

There will not be any problem, please see my post #2571​. I did the same for my parents.
    Thanks for your response. When you sent mail to embassy to cancel and reschedule your father interview, did you get any reply from them. If yes can you share their reply. If no reply then how you cancelled your father interview

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear NidhiArora,

Welcome to this forum. This is your first post, obviously you are new to the forum. This forum is full of posts about the IR-5 interview. You may like to scan the posts of may be 10 to 12 days ago. The interview generally seems like a mere formality. I am sharing my own experience. First an oath will be administered and then some very basic questions are asked like:
      1. who is your petitioner
      2. What does he/she work
      3. How many grandchildren do you have
      4. Have you travelled to the US before
      5. What was the longest duration that you stayed in USA
      6. has any of your stays in the US exceeded 6 months
      7. have you lived in any other country for more than a year
      May be some other members can add to this. I advise you take the interview in your mother tongue, because the American accent from behind a glass window is not easily comprehensible. when is the interview scheduled ? Best wishes.
      I have a question related to the interview. My MIL speaks Tamil and Telugu, can read English however her spoken English is very very limited. We are little worried as to how she would handle the questions posed by consulate officer during the interview. Does consulate provide interpreter option for non-English speaking people? Can you (and) others share their thoughts/experience of non-English speaking parents interview, how did it go etc.? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
        Dearest Geomac,Aleinkanpur,Toolong,Dreams21,Malik 7 other members,Extremely happy to share that i received my passport with the immigration visa printed,also printed is expiry date: 9th nov.I need to reach USA before that.There was also another envelope( this is for applicants with Sputum advice) which we are not supposed to open & hand it over to the immigration officer at USA,its clearly written that We need to carry in our handbag.
        Thank you all very much & your constant support.Any doubt was easily cleared here!!
        Yes,as GeoMac very wisely said,more difficult tasks ahead like wrapping up,tickets etc etc.God bless all of you!
        Dear sapnaanagol,
        heartiest congratulations once again. So, after a lot of heartburns and anxieties, one chapter is over. The forum has been benefitted in a very big way by your travails. I am sure you will continue to be attached to the forum even after entering USA.
        Now on to the new phase of getting ready to travel. Enough time at your hand. Now you will feel more energetic and organizing your departure from India. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by maneeshsah View Post
          My mother interview is on 27th Sept. I compiled a list of questions asked during the interview from this forum. I wanted to check if there is anything missing? Feedback would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

who is your petitioner

2. What does he/she work

3. How many grandchildren do you have

4. Have you travelled to the US before

5. What was the longest duration that you stayed in USA

6. has any of your stays in the US exceeded 6 months

7. have you lived in any other country for more than a year

some simple questions were asked like who has sponsored you. Is the petitioner married and how many children does she have. How old is your grand child. My wife was asked about her mother’s name. What countries have you been to and for how long. Did your stay exceed one year in any country. We were then told to sit back in the same room and wait for number to flash again.

5. In about 35 minutes our number flashed again. This time there was an White American along with a translator. Again some simple questions like who has sponsored you. How many times have you been to USA. What was the longest duration that you stayed in USA. Have you ever stayed beyond six months. Then the officer says your VISA is approved and your previous B1/B2 visa is being cancelled. You will receive the passports in 5 working days from the pick-up agency selected by you.

That is all. We were out of the hall by 9.45 am.

Who is sponsoring you?

b. Where does your son live?

c. Where does he work?

d. Have you been to US earlier?

e. When did you visit US the last?

Questions asked > Who is inviting you to USA? Where does your daughter lives? How many kids your daughter have? Have you ever stayed more than 6 months in USA? (because they travelled to US on B2 visa) How many times have you been to USA? What does your daughter do?

Who is the petitioner

2. when did petitioner move to US

3. How many kids does petitioner have

4. There were many questions about my daughter(their grand daughter)

5. What is your grand daughters name? How old is she?

6. What kind of activities your granddaughter likes

They responded that she is likes painting. Then there were follow up questions like, if she participated in painting competition

7. they asked for photos of my parents with granddaughter but they responded that plenty of photo ES are there but they are all in the phone which is submitted outside.

Who are you going to stay with?

2. Where does your daughter work?

3. Who does she live with?

4. How old are her kids?

5. How many times you have been to USA before? When was the longest stay?

Who is sponsoring you?

Where does she work?

Which place in the US?

Who is the joint sponsor?

Is your daughter married?

Does your sister live alone?

When did you last see your daughter?

Have you been to the US before?

Has your B2 Visa expired?

Have you lived in another place other than UAE for more than a year?
            • Who is here for you.
            • Where are you going?
            • With whom do you stay?
            • When was your last visit to US?
            • How much period did you stay?
            • Whether your son was married?
            • How many children does your son have?
            • Who called you to US?
            • How is petitioner known to you?
            • What is petitioner doing?
            • What is petitioner’s profession.
            • In which place the petitioner lives?
            • Where did the petitioner earlier live in US?
            • Is petitioner married? If yes, when?
            • When did you last meet the petitioner?
            • Has petitioner visited India?
            • How many times did you go to US?
            • In each visit how many months did you stay?
            • When was your last visit?
            • How many children does the petitioner have?
          Who is sponsoring you?

Where does she work?

Which place in the US?

Who is the joint sponsor?

Is your daughter married?

Does your sister live alone?

When did you last see your daughter?

Have you been to the US before?

Has your B2 Visa expired?

Have you lived in another place other than UAE for more than a year?
          ​​
          Great job. Nice compilation. People in waiting should bookmark this post.
          best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by saba22 View Post

I have a question related to the interview. My MIL speaks Tamil and Telugu, can read English however her spoken English is very very limited. We are little worried as to how she would handle the questions posed by consulate officer during the interview. Does consulate provide interpreter option for non-English speaking people? Can you (and) others share their thoughts/experience of non-English speaking parents interview, how did it go etc.? Thanks in advance.
            Dear saba22,
            In one of my earlier posts, I had mentioned that taking the interview in your mother tongue is always beneficial. Even though I am quite conversant with the American accent, I and my wife, took the interview in Hindi. The officer who interviewed us was sitting behind a glass window and masked. So the voice was a little muffled. Alongside was the interpreter. You get enough time to understand the question and respond. So please opt for interview in Tamil at window number 1.
            Best wishes. Share your experience after the interview.

Comment

• Dear members of the forum,
              This post will be of immediate interest for those who have recently entered USA.
              We entered USA on August 17, 2022. In ten days we got the SSN delivered through UPS. Subsequently I checked the status of my green card on the website :

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

You have to enter the receipt number starting with IOE, which you will receive when you pay the $220 fee.
              I got the message that the fee has been received and that the card will be delivered in 90 days.
              Then on the 18th, the message changed to "card is being produced". Next day we got a mail with the same message. By God's grace we should receive the card within the next ten to twelve days.
              I shall keep the forum updated.
              best wishes

Comment

Dear sapnaanagol,
                heartiest congratulations once again. So, after a lot of heartburn and anxieties, one chapter is over. The forum has been benefitted in a very big way by your travails. I am sure you will continue to be attached to the forum even after entering USA.
                Now on to the new phase of getting ready to travel. Enough time at your hand. Now you will feel more energetic and organizing your departure from India. Best wishes.
                Dear AlienKanpur,thank you once again!Yes,feeling much better!Having a lot of things to wrap up!Everything happens at the last minute at India.
                I wanted to ask you the following:
                1.Did they stamp on your Passport ,by the immigration officer at the point of entry?
                2.I heard from some green card holder that we can take permission for up to 2 years for repeated travel to India if we are unable to finalize before our first visit?Where should we apply for this?
                I will definitely continue to give my inputs from USA too!

Comment

Dear members of the forum,
                  This post will be of immediate interest for those who have recently entered USA.
                  We entered USA on August 17, 2022. In ten days we got the SSN delivered through UPS. Subsequently I checked the status of my green card on the website :

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

You have to enter the receipt number starting with IOE, which you will receive when you pay the $220 fee.
                  I got the message that the fee has been received and that the card will be delivered in 90 days.
                  Then on the 18th, the message changed to "card is being produced". Next day we got a mail with the same message. By God's grace we should receive the card within the next ten to twelve days.
                  best wishes
                  Thanks for updating.
                  you entered in USA Aug 17 2022 and on 18th Aug message changed card is being produced. In one day I can’t believe it . When you pay $ 220 fee ? My relatives pay fee on 18 July entered in USA 20 July today is 21 September 2 months still no update.

Comment

Dear members of the forum,

best wishes
                    Dear AlienKanpur,Good morning sir.
                    sir did you create an account with USCIS after coming to USA for checking progress of green card ?
                    Also how do you verify about your address being correct with USCIS?
                    Thanks and regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post

Thanks for updating.
                      you entered in USA Aug 17 2022 and on 18th Aug message changed card is being produced. In one day I can’t believe it . When you pay $ 220 fee ? My relatives pay fee on 18 July entered in USA 20 July today is 21 September 2 months still no update.
                      Dear Raj2022,
                      really sorry for the confusion. The status changed after one month, i.e. on September 18 not August 18. Have they received the SSN? Did you check on the website which I posted.
                      On checking with the IOE number the following message is displayed:

We have approved your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE**********. On September 18, 2022, we ordered your card to be produced. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Prior to September 18, only the receipt of fee was being acknowledged with the information that the card will be sent in 90 days after entering USA.
                      best wsihes.​

Comment

• [QUOTE=Raj2022;n788992]

Thanks for updating.
                        you entered in USA Aug 17 2022 and on 18th Aug message changed card is being produced. In one day I can’t believe it . When you pay $ 220 fee ? My relatives pay fee on 18 July entered in USA 20 July today is 21 September 2 months still no update.[/QUOTE

Dear Raj2022
                        AlienKanpur meant to say 18th Sept. Simple. He is such a meticulous and prompt a blogger, wont wait for a month to inform about his happiness on gc.
                        I got my GC on 46th day of entering here. Got my driving permit too. SSN was received in the first week itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Dear AlienKanpur,thank you once again!Yes,feeling much better!Having a lot of things to wrap up!Everything happens at the last minute at India.
                          I wanted to ask you the following:
                          1.Did they stamp on your Passport ,by the immigration officer at the point of entry?
                          2.I heard from some green card holder that we can take permission for up to 2 years for repeated travel to India if we are unable to finalize before our first visit?Where should we apply for this?
                          I will definitely continue to give my inputs from USA too!
                          Dear sapnaanagol,
                          All the very best in wrapping up things at home. The response to your queries is given below:
                          1. In our case the officer at the port of entry, put a date stamp with the word Admitted, and scribbled IR5 on the stamp. In some case they put an admitted stamp, and put the date in hand. In any case the date of entry has to be put on the passport.
                          2. As per my understanding (based on discussion with our attorney) of the issues relating to the maintenance of status as a Green Card holder, one cannot be outside of USA for more than 180 days (cumulative) in a calendar year. You can travel as often as you please. I think that the issue of permission arises if you plan to go on a visit exceeding 180 days, in a calendar year. I am not sure, but such a permission may be sought from USCIS.
                          Best wishes.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GeoMac;n789002]
                            Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post

Thanks for updating.
                            you entered in USA Aug 17 2022 and on 18th Aug message changed card is being produced. In one day I can’t believe it . When you pay $ 220 fee ? My relatives pay fee on 18 July entered in USA 20 July today is 21 September 2 months still no update.[/QUOTE

Dear Raj2022
                            AlienKanpur meant to say 18th Sept. Simple. He is such a meticulous and prompt a blogger, wont wait for a month to inform about his happiness on gc.
                            I got my GC on 46th day of entering here. Got my driving permit too. SSN was received in the first week itself.
                            Dear GeoMac,
                            Thanks for your comments about me. Heartiest Congratulations for getting your Drivers License. I do try my best to respond promptly. This post about the GC was not just out of happiness, but more so, an effort to help the members of the forum, in a similar situation.
                            Best wishes .

Comment

• Originally posted by asg1957 View Post

Dear Arch28angel,
                              Your father must have done his interview on 30 August 2022 in Mumbai. Please tell us how was the interview process and what all questions were asked by the consular officer. I am still waiting for my interview and this will be of great help to me and others in this forum. Thank you. Best wishes.
                              So it seems like it is taking 6 months from 'DQ' to 'getting an appointment'? Is that duration more & less stabilizing or there is still no guarantee when one would get an appointment after getting DQ'ed?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

zakasbanda dear, You seem to be worrying unnecessarily. Also your posts do not reveal where your father lives. Why am I writing this? If your dad lives in Ahmedabad for instance, he can go to Apollo Gandhinagar for Medical and Biometrics and Interview in Mumbai in 2 days. If he is living in surat he can have his medical in surat Apollo. If you are thinking of going to India to help your dad, you wait for the IL to come, then make booking for Medical atleast a week prior to interview and Biometrics two or one day before interview. Biometrics is open on sundays too in Mumbai. If the medical does not require further testing like sputum and if the consular officer tells you that the passport with visa stamp will come to your address in 5 to 6 working days, then you have won the race. You can book your dad's ticket alongwith your return.
                                Almost all insurance providers have foreign collaborations so you can take an insurance from one of them. Take for two months by that time the GreenCard will arrive. Then you can take US insurance. However my agent who happens to be my friend, told me not to waste money because now a days the travel insurances are merely useful for lost luggage, delayed flights etc. the main motive of health problem is not useful as they do not pass any medical claims. Moreover, the elderly parent will have some pre existing health disorder and so they will not give insurance. Or if they give insurance then there will be conditions in it. If you mention hypertension in the application means they wont reimburse for any kind of heart problem forget heart attack.
                                NOW ZAKASBANDA BE WORRY FREE AS PER YOUR NAME. Also, see that all your questions have answers in the forum discussions of last six months. We have repeatedly answered all querries of many people. Before putting any querry please try to read the posts all the members have put here. It will be interesting to read.
                                Thank you so much for your kind response. I especially loved the comment - "NOW ZAKASBANDA BE WORRY FREE AS PER YOUR NAME" :-) I will follow your advice. My father lives in Ujjain (MP).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X