Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

How do I schedule a Visa interview appointment for Mumbai through US Travel docs website. I saw some stating they did through the website but it don't give me any option to schedule one. I only see option to schedule biometrics appointment. I am still waiting on Medical results since my Mom had to go through sputum test so I am guessing her original visa interview appointment is cancelled already for January 31st, 2023. I tried calling and emailing US travel docs but they care less of the situation at all. No guidance from them what so ever.

Really appreciate any guidance in this matter. TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by KIRKI View Post
      Hello Friends!

Can someone please guide me to the procedure to follow after receiving IL. I have seen a post here related to that but could not locate it. If someone please forward it to me, I will really appreciate it. I just want to know how to schedule medical, fingerprints and how earliest or latest we can schedule it.

Thank you in advance.
      Please create account on below website first, if you have not done it so far.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com

Then schedule VAC fingerprint appointment.

Then call medical facility from approved list to schedule medical exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky12 View Post
        Hi ,

do we need to get PCC from Passport Seva Kendar as well as from local police station?

thank you
        You only need one PCC from passport office.

Comment

Hello Friends!

Can someone please guide me to the procedure to follow after receiving IL. I have seen a post here related to that but could not locate it. If someone please forward it to me, I will really appreciate it. I just want to know how to schedule medical, fingerprints and how earliest or latest we can schedule it.

Thank you in advance.
          i remember reading in this forum that you would need two separate emails for each parent to make appointment

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky12 View Post

i remember reading in this forum that you would need two separate emails for each parent to make appointment
            You can do it with one account. I did for my parents and my mom was showing up as dependent and when you get confirmation email it will have both names on second page of the document with two different barcodes.

Comment

Hello Friends!

Thank you in advance.
              1. Look at the Medical facility nearest to which you wish to go. If it is Delhi, you can call them (MAX Lajpat Nagar) on phone. Generally the slots are easily available. Some centers require online filling of an application. Once the slot is fixed, you will get a mail, confirming the appointment and the documents required ( DS 260 confirmation page, Copy of the IL, passport, copy of covid 19 vaccination and any other vaccinations that the beneficiary may have taken, doctors prescription of medication being taken, and photographs). Medical must be atleast a week before the Interview date. Try to do ASAP, so that you may have time to address the sputam test issues. The medical people will give you a summary sheet and may be a CD. You will need to carry the summary sheet for the interview.

2. Click the link given on the IL. Go to register. While registering choose Immigrant visa. As you will go along you have to choose All Immigrant/ Diversity Visa. Once you do that you will find the slots for biometric. You can choose a slot either close to your medical date or close to the Interview date. I did my Biometrics at Delhi two days after my Medical. I gave this gap because the vaccines can sometimes have a side effect. Unfortunately if you have fever or cough etc, then the VAC security may not allow you inside. Once your VAC appointment is fixed you will get an e-mail, telling you about all the documents you need to carry for the VAC appointment as well as the Consulate Interview. Do carry atleast two current photos of your self.

3. The VAC people will return your DS 260 page with a stamp and the two photos stapled to it. At the Mumbai consulate you will be asked for several documents the list of which I have posted in this forum several times. This is only a cut paste from the letter that you will receive from VAC.

4. There are several hotels around the consulate. You may choose according to your convenience. Reaching one day before the interview is generally enough. I stayed in hotel Trident. The consulate is in the back side of the Hotel. One can easily walk to the Consulate. But the hotel provides a free service for drop and pick up.

5. Interview is generally very cordial. Please note that no electronics item is permitted inside the Consulate. Even your smart watches or fitbit etc. There is a facility outside for deposit and they charge Rs. 50 for every single item that you will deposit. Once inside after checking the IL etc. you will be given a token and asked to wait. When Your number is displayed on the monitor, you have to proceed to window 1 where all the documents will be collected and maybe some simple questions. Then you will be asked to wait. Maybe within an hour you will be called again and this time an American will interview you after taking an oath. You can choose a language of your choice for your interview. Interviews are generally barely 5 to 10 minutes. Once approved the officer will retain your passport and hand over two sheets of paper with general information. One of which will have a title that Your Visa is Approved. Copy of these documents have been posted in this forum.​

Comment

• Originally posted by kris4850 View Post

Dear Aviask2,

I applied the I-130 for my both parents on 11/16/2021, for my mother it got approved on 09/15/2022 but for my father I had to wait till the USCIS enquiry date of regular processing time. Once I put that enquiry it got approved in 15 days, so for my father it got approved on 01/15/23. Now I am doing thier NVC process at same time in the hope they get the interview appointments together. Although in DS260, they ask for accompanying travelers, and both of them mention each other.​
                Dear Kris4850, thanks for sharing the info, very helpful. It is reassuring to know that raising the inquiry led to prompt approval. Will keep that in mind if my mother's application takes that long. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

1. Look at the Medical facility nearest to which you wish to go. If it is Delhi, you can call them (MAX Lajpat Nagar) on phone. Generally the slots are easily available. Some centers require online filling of an application. Once the slot is fixed, you will get a mail, confirming the appointment and the documents required ( DS 260 confirmation page, Copy of the IL, passport, copy of covid 19 vaccination and any other vaccinations that the beneficiary may have taken, doctors prescription of medication being taken, and photographs). Medical must be atleast a week before the Interview date. Try to do ASAP, so that you may have time to address the sputam test issues. The medical people will give you a summary sheet and may be a CD. You will need to carry the summary sheet for the interview.

2. Click the link given on the IL. Go to register. While registering choose Immigrant visa. As you will go along you have to choose All Immigrant/ Diversity Visa. Once you do that you will find the slots for biometric. You can choose a slot either close to your medical date or close to the Interview date. I did my Biometrics at Delhi two days after my Medical. I gave this gap because the vaccines can sometimes have a side effect. Unfortunately if you have fever or cough etc, then the VAC security may not allow you inside. Once your VAC appointment is fixed you will get an e-mail, telling you about all the documents you need to carry for the VAC appointment as well as the Consulate Interview. Do carry atleast two current photos of your self.

3. The VAC people will return your DS 260 page with a stamp and the two photos stapled to it. At the Mumbai consulate you will be asked for several documents the list of which I have posted in this forum several times. This is only a cut paste from the letter that you will receive from VAC.

4. There are several hotels around the consulate. You may choose according to your convenience. Reaching one day before the interview is generally enough. I stayed in hotel Trident. The consulate is in the back side of the Hotel. One can easily walk to the Consulate. But the hotel provides a free service for drop and pick up.

5. Interview is generally very cordial. Please note that no electronics item is permitted inside the Consulate. Even your smart watches or fitbit etc. There is a facility outside for deposit and they charge Rs. 50 for every single item that you will deposit. Once inside after checking the IL etc. you will be given a token and asked to wait. When Your number is displayed on the monitor, you have to proceed to window 1 where all the documents will be collected and maybe some simple questions. Then you will be asked to wait. Maybe within an hour you will be called again and this time an American will interview you after taking an oath. You can choose a language of your choice for your interview. Interviews are generally barely 5 to 10 minutes. Once approved the officer will retain your passport and hand over two sheets of paper with general information. One of which will have a title that Your Visa is Approved. Copy of these documents have been posted in this forum.​
                  Great Job Shanaya. Good to see that people are giving back to this vibrant forum. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
                    Hi Friends

If you choose to pick the passport (after the interview), do you get the passport (& visa) same day?

Thanks
                    Dear zakasbanda, sorry to hear that you lost your mom, while waiting for the interview. I can understand the shock. My heartfelt condolences.
                    once your petition is approved the stamped passport is probably ready by the next day. However, in several cases, even after approval, it has taken a few weeks. I would avoid suggest the pick up option if you live in the vicinity of Mumbai. Best wishes.

Comment

Hello Friends!

Thank you in advance.
                      1. Visit the website: https://ustraveldocs.com/in/en
                      2. Choose Visa category as Immigrant Visa and login ( for first time user, signup)
                      3. After login, on left side there is option for Schedule appointment
                      4. After filling all your personal details, you have to take the VAC appointment.
                      5. Select Visa Class & visa category options according to your visa type, for me
                      Visa Class : IR5
                      Visa category :Class B medical applicants ( for suptum test Please ensure you select "CLASS B MEDICAL" option under visa category list.)
                      6. After selecting category CLASS B MEDICAL"-answer "YES" for question - Have you received instructions from US consulate? and
                      “Yes” for the Question - One of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai’s approved panel physician sites (Apollo Chennai, Apollo Surat, Apollo Gandhinagar, Center for Migration Medicine – Hyderabad, Max Mohali, Max New Delhi or Rele Clinic - Mumbai) required you to undergo additional medical testing as part of your examination?
                      This will give VAC appointment option, even if you have already done with biometrics you have to take it again and then proceed.
                      7. After VAC appointment is confirmed, next step will be scheduling date for interview
                      8. You can then select the interview date whichever available and confirm.​

Comment

Hi - how many days gaps should one keep between interview date & medical exam?
                        Also would VAC few days before the interview date be OK?

Since we are not native to any of the consulate cities, I am trying to guess how many days we will need to stay for these steps.
                        Dear zakasbanda
                        Congratulations for getting IL for your dad. At the same time my heartfelt condolences for losing your mom.
                        As to answer your questions
                        1. Medical should be done as soon as possible after getting IL and latest by seven days before interview. Accordingly choose the city which is near or most convenient for your dad.
                        2. For biometrics: If you are doing medical at Delhi, then get the biometrics also in Delhi itself so that you save one day. If you are not doing it in Delhi then take appointment at VAC in Mumbai just one day before interview. When biometrics is done, they put a stamp on your DS260 confirmation letter as an evidence of biometrics done.
                        3. If you choose to get your passport in Courrier (premier delivery) it will be delivered to your door by the Courrier in
                        4 to 5 working days. In my case I got in 3 working days.

Comment

Hi Friends

If you choose to pick the passport (after the interview), do you get the passport (& visa) same day?

Thanks
                          Dear Zakasbanda
                          If you opt for passport pick up from Mumbai, you may get next working day or one day later. In our case, we got the SMS for passport pick up next day morning only and we could pick up the passport duly stamped from VAC office.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear zakasbanda
                            Congratulations for getting IL for your dad. At the same time my heartfelt condolences for losing your mom.
                            As to answer your questions
                            1. Medical should be done as soon as possible after getting IL and latest by seven days before interview. Accordingly choose the city which is near or most convenient for your dad.
                            2. For biometrics: If you are doing medical at Delhi, then get the biometrics also in Delhi itself so that you save one day. If you are not doing it in Delhi then take appointment at VAC in Mumbai just one day before interview. When biometrics is done, they put a stamp on your DS260 confirmation letter as an evidence of biometrics done.
                            3. If you choose to get your passport in Courrier (premier delivery) it will be delivered to your door by the Courrier in
                            4 to 5 working days. In my case I got in 3 working days.
                            Thank you so much for your response and for your condolences.

I have scheduled the medical 7 days before the interview. Are there benefits to getting it done earlier than that? Regards.

Comment

• Hello Friends

Can I get the fingerprinting (bio metric) first and then the medical exam? Or must I get the medical exam first and then fingerprinting?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Friends

Can I get the fingerprinting (bio metric) first and then the medical exam? Or must I get the medical exam first and then fingerprinting?

Thanks
                                Dear zakasbanda,
                                You can go in any order that suits you. Most people prefer the medical first because there could be issues in the x-ray, which leads to a sputum test and everything goes haywire. It is perfectly fine for the biometrics first, if you are conveniently located in a city which has both the facilities. Best wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X