Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vmsk0716 View Post

I was able to figure out and get an appointment for IR5 visa applicant. However, there was no option to select biometrics only. Hoping this works.

"You have scheduled an appointment for an immigrant visa to the U.S. Most applicants will have an appointment at the Visa Application Center (VAC), followed by an appointment at the Embassy or Consulate. Please review the below important information carefully. By coming prepared, we will be able to provide you with the best service possible."
    ​
    If anyone has any input, please let us know. Thank you in advance.
    So the appointment that you booked is for the biometrics rite?

Comment

• Originally posted by vjrnn2022 View Post

So the appointment that you booked is for the biometrics rite?
      It doesn't explicitly say biometrics but I had to select "IR5" and it asks if we received appt from NVC (to which I said yes). So, I guess this is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vmsk0716 View Post

It doesn't explicitly say biometrics but I had to select "IR5" and it asks if we received appt from NVC (to which I said yes). So, I guess this is it.
        Were you able to select another VAC other than your interview post? My dads interview is in Mumbai, I want to get the medical and biometrics done in Chennai, wondering if there is an option to do that .?

Comment

• Hi Friends

Here I am with another question.

During the interview, my understanding is that on the first window (when they collect the documents), pretty much all the documents are original. Do they return these documents? And if they do, at what stage in the process, these original documents are returned.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by vjrnn2022 View Post

Were you able to select another VAC other than your interview post? My dads interview is in Mumbai, I want to get the medical and biometrics done in Chennai, wondering if there is an option to do that .?
            My mom's getting it in Chennai as well. Once you select your state, it will automatically assign you to Chennai.

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
              Hi Friends

Here I am with another question.

During the interview, my understanding is that on the first window (when they collect the documents), pretty much all the documents are original. Do they return these documents? And if they do, at what stage in the process, these original documents are returned.

Thanks
              They will return at the end of interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndiaNaper View Post
                Hi Shanaya, First of all I just want to thankyou for the kind of support you have shown. I appreciate your willing to help people lost in ambiguity and confusion. I have a question on Sputum test since my aged father is a likely candidate for failing the test. If he fails the sputum test , will he have to undergo some treatment and come back to the test centre after 2 months and test again ? Since his interview will have to be rescheduled can my mom also reschedule her interview (even if she passes the sputum test )

How can I make sure both mom and dad have interview together incase one fails the sputum test ?

​
                Dear IndiaNaper,

As per multiple posts in this forum, if your mother does not have to go to sputum test then please do not reschedule her interview date because it will be close to impossible to get new date for her. So just complete your mother's visa process and then reschedule your dad after sputum test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviask2 View Post

Dear Shanaya,

If you are fine with it, could you please share some info related to your parent's experience with PCC, such as

(i) How long it took after the date of appointment at regional PSK ? Does the PCC come by postal mail only or can you also download it online when it is ready?
                  (ii) Have your parents visited the local police station themselves for verification, or did the Officers visit your parent's residence?
                  (iii) For verification by local Police officers, what documents will be needed other than passport/aadhar/voter id/pan card ? Do we need to submit any photo(s) ?

My mother will do her PCC appointment art regional PSK next month, so worried about the steps after that.

Thanks.

Dear Aviask2,

(1) it two weeks after they applied for PCC. Then PCC came in postal mail. You can not download.

(2) My parents visited local police station for inquiry.

(3) They required three 2x2 photographs, aadhar card & passport.

Comment

• Originally posted by deftones View Post
                    Hello fam,

A strange occurrence that has been happening is when I go to the cgi website to schedule a biometric appointment for him, it takes me straight to consular appointment and never shows an option for biometric (VAC) appointment.[/B] As such, I am unable to book a biometric appointment for him. Has anyone faced a similar issue? How did you solve it? I have reached out to ustraveldocs but haven't received a response yet.

Many thanks in advance
                    deftones: were you able to resolve the problem? I haven't yet been able to reach the call center to resolve this. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Dear Aviask2,

(1) it two weeks after they applied for PCC. Then PCC came in postal mail. You can not download.

(2) My parents visited local police station for inquiry.

(3) They required three 2x2 photographs, aadhar card & passport.
                      Thank You Shanaya. I shall ask my mothers to get the passport photos done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonjee_chinu View Post

deftones: were you able to resolve the problem? I haven't yet been able to reach the call center to resolve this. Thanks.
                        Nope. No response or resolution yet

Comment

• Originally posted by deftones View Post

Nope. No response or resolution yet
                          deftones: I just called up the call center number 703-520-2239 and got a human representative. He said it was a problem on their end and that they would get back within 24-48 hours. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• call center number 703-520-2239 - is this a US number requiring a *1 prefix to call from outside of US?

Comment

• Originally posted by SansInd View Post
                              call center number 703-520-2239 - is this a US number requiring a *1 prefix to call from outside of US?
                              Yes, and there is an India local number as well: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...MB-Mumbai.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jonjee_chinu View Post

deftones: I just called up the call center number 703-520-2239 and got a human representative. He said it was a problem on their end and that they would get back within 24-48 hours. Fingers crossed!
                                thanks a lot for the info bud

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X