Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MKD23 View Post
    My mother is going for her Interview on April 14 and I have not filled 2022 tax returns yet due to some issues. Will she be asked for new tax return at her Interview or 2021, 2020 will work? Does anyone has attended the interview this month without new tax returns? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    Dear MKD23,
    Best wishes for your mom's interview on April 14. Do not worry about the 2022 return, most people have yet to file it. So 2021 and 2020 will work. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear MKD23,
      Best wishes for your mom's interview on April 14. Do not worry about the 2022 return, most people have yet to file it. So 2021 and 2020 will work. Best wishes.
      also - it will be okay to take print out of the filed return in this case. Good luck.

Comment

• Thank you Zakasbanda and Alienkanpur, I have one more question have they asked your father about 2022 tax return at the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by MKD23 View Post
          Thank you Zakasbanda and Alienkanpur, I have one more question have they asked your father about 2022 tax return at the interview?
          Dear MKD23,
          My interview was held on June 10, 2022. My attorney had uploaded the 2020 and 2021 tax returns. So there were no questions about the tax returns. You must also try to upload the tax returns for 2020 and 2021. Most likely there will be no questions. In any case the hard copies of those documents must be carried by your father at the time of interview. Best wishes.

Comment

Dear MKD23,
            My interview was held on June 10, 2022. My attorney had uploaded the 2020 and 2021 tax returns. So there were no questions about the tax returns. You must also try to upload the tax returns for 2020 and 2021. Most likely there will be no questions. In any case the hard copies of those documents must be carried by your father at the time of interview. Best wishes.
            My father was asked for my latest income tax, yes. Fortunately I had filed the taxes in Feb and to my surprise, the transcript was available in few weeks.

Comment

Dear shandey,
              heartiest Congratulations to you and your Dad on the approval of the immigration petition. He can contact the bank where the pension is transferred. Maybe they can do it on the monthly basis. My pension goes to SBI. But they have no provision of regular transfer. One has to fill some forms every month, send them by mail and the bank will do the needful. What I plan to do is that I will fill up one form for every month and give it to a friend who will deposit on the last day of the month. That way I can save on the FedEx charges every month. Best wishes
              Hello AlienKanpur ji

How do you provide the live certificate every year. My father gets his pension in SBI too. I called the local branch and they are saying a certificate received from the customer directly is not acceptable. This is an issue.

-Praveen
              Last edited by zakasbanda; 04-13-2023, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
                Hello all, I have a question which is not directly related to Visa processing but more like after getting settled to US. If someone gets pension in India, how will they do their Life Certificate in month of November? I called State Bank Of India Customer service, they said pensioner needs to go to India Embassy and mail the signed copy to Local SBI in India, however when i called local SBI branch in India they said they will not allow the letter if pensioner sends that. If India Embassy post that signed letter, then they will consider it. I am not sure what we should do, anybody has similar experience can you please share? Thanks in advance.
                I am in the same boat. What did you end up doing for the life certificate?

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post

I am in the same boat. What did you end up doing for the life certificate?
                  Dear zakasbanda and all others,
                  it is difficult to provide a perfect answer to this question. Every organization has their own ways. I retired from IIT Kanpur, the system is quite liberal. This year I had downloaded the blanks of the life certificates from the IIT website. The forms were filled up and then me and my wife went to the US Bank, where we have a joint account. The manager, who is also a Notary, notarized the forms, put a seal. The soft copies were sent by e-mail to IIT and simultaneously the hard copies sent by normal air mail. Things worked out fine with us.

Comment

• Dear AK and Zakasbanda, I have been in the US for past 10 years and a pensioner. When I lived in Boston I had the Life Certificate Notarized by any bank official / Notary in USPS and sent Hard copy by mail and soft copy by post. Now I'm in NYC and I visit the SBI branch where they sign the life certificate which is then sent by mail. Works well. No problems at all. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by VKR View Post
                      Dear AK and Zakasbanda, I have been in the US for past 10 years and a pensioner. When I lived in Boston I had the Life Certificate Notarized by any bank official / Notary in USPS and sent Hard copy by mail and soft copy by post. Now I'm in NYC and I visit the SBI branch where they sign the life certificate which is then sent by mail. Works well. No problems at all. Best wishes.
                      Thank you. A follow up question. Do you send the certificate to the local SBI branch? Is there a particular email address where you send soft copy for SBI?

Comment

• hi everyone - my mom has her interview on 4/17. Hoping it all goes well.

One question -- her first name was listed as FNU on the NVC letter due to passport printing first + last name in the "surname" row. Anyway, we rectified this and got a new passport. question is - where does she bring this up - when she goes to the first window for document check or at the interview with the immigration officer? Would really like to fix this so it doesn't become an issue moving forward. Has anyone gone through this? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Comment

• DQ - 22 Oct 22
                          Interview : 6 June 23

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post

Thank you. A follow up question. Do you send the certificate to the local SBI branch? Is there a particular email address where you send soft copy for SBI?
                            Yes I send the soft copy to the SBI branch. Additionally I used to send hard copy by snail mail but have stopped of late. You can get the email id online. It is generally ifsc code of the [email protected]. The email id for my branch was [email protected].

Comment

• Is Mumbai VAC open on Sundays?

Comment

• Our interviews finally have been scheduled. I understand that applicants have to do two things before interview: get biometrics appointment and get medical exam done.

We have arranged for medical exam already through approved hospital.

How exactly do we get biometrics appointment? Is OFC appointment same as biometrics? I would appreciate if someone could post a link where we need to make this appointment.
                                Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X