Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Visa is provided by the consulate after the interview? I heard it's for 6mo, but is the new visa considered a 485 or an AP or something else? Do they give a receipt showing 485 pending or something? Wondering what's the parent's immigration status until the Green card arrives several weeks later.

Comment

• Originally posted by family_gc View Post
      What kind of Visa is provided by the consulate after the interview? I heard it's for 6mo, but is the new visa considered a 485 or an AP or something else? Do they give a receipt showing 485 pending or something? Wondering what's the parent's immigration status until the Green card arrives several weeks later.
      Counsellor processing (DS-260) and adjustment of Status (I-485) are two different processes of the green card. After approval through the Consulate interview, a VISA sticker is placed on the passport which is valid for about six months. One has to enter the United States before it expires. Your GREEN CARD gets delivered at your US address within two months of entering. 485 is a different route altogether. You are already in US when you apply for the adjustment of Status. An approval letter is sent and then you pay for the green card fee.
      Once the petition is approved and the beneficiary enters US, the status is simply that of a Landed Immigrant.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear Disha, the dates mentioned by you do not make sense to me, unless you got a fresh PCC after you got documentarily qualified. Assuming that your dates as mentioned are correct, you are likely to be done with all formalities before July 2021. You can keep an eye on the updates in this forum and see how the DQ date is moving forward. Hopefully August cases should be taken up in February and September in March. THIS IS ONLY A SPECULATION, NOTHING CAN BE PREDICTED WITH CERTAINTY. Best wishes.
        Dear Disha, If you look at the trend, you are very near to receiving an interview email, most probably in feb or March. And if we take in to consideration 4 weeks time after you receive the email, you are likely to have interview in March or April. You PCC is valid till July 2022 so you need not worry.

Comment

• Have anyone from aug received the emails yet, hope nvc will keep up the same speed. Anyone know how to track number of IR5 visa issued each month at a consulate ? Dont think we have that many each month in this category.

Comment

• Mumbai consulate issued 585 IR5 visas in December 2021 compared to 230 visas in November 2021. It is a significant jump in December 2021 when compared to previous months. Hope they keep up the issuances.

Comment

• Originally posted by L2022 View Post
              Have anyone from aug received the emails yet, hope nvc will keep up the same speed. Anyone know how to track number of IR5 visa issued each month at a consulate ? Dont think we have that many each month in this category.
              Not yet, i am here with dq aug 24 2020.
              hope we will get update soon for aug DQ dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by L2022 View Post
                Have anyone from aug received the emails yet, hope nvc will keep up the same speed. Anyone know how to track number of IR5 visa issued each month at a consulate ? Dont think we have that many each month in this category.
                To All on this Forum, here are the details of the IR5 visas issued in India and at the Mumbai Consulate from the Official website of the NVC :-

CONSULATE STARTED WORKING IN MARCH 2021 TO A CERTAIN EXTENT.
                OFFICIALLY, IT STARTED WORKING ON 07th JUNE 2021 :-

Following is the link to see the monthly figures :-
                https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tatistics.html.
                Click on :- You will get to see the following :-

I am providing the following data for the general information of all aspiring IR5 people :-

INDIA MUMBAI
                MARCH 2021 :- 33 33
                APRIL 2021. :- 82. 25
                MAY 2021 :- 36. Not Mentioned
                JUNE 2021. :- 222 169
                JULY 2021. :- 426. 372
                AUGUST 2021:- 377 343
                SEPT 2021. :- 345. 298
                OCT 2021. :- 342. 293
                NOV 2021. :- 264. 230
                DEC 2021. :- 622. 585 { THESE FIGURES WERE RELEASED LAST EVENING }

There is no news on the AUGUST 2020 DQ dates at all from any sources.
                If anyone gets an update, kindly post it please.
                With good wishes and warm regards to All.

Comment

• My In laws got their visa today.

Appointment time : 8:30 AM
                  Checked in : 8:15 AM (Need to show interview letter at entrance). Only parents allowed inside.
                  Received Token : 8:30 AM
                  Documents submitted: 9:30 AM (PCC, Parents Birth certificate - School leaving certificate, Parents Marriage certificate original , Latest Passport, Interview letter)
                  Interview : 12.30 PM. Original documents returned except for passport. Also a note for paying the fees online once the Passport is sent.
                  Came out: 12.40 PM

Apparently they were the last one for the IR5 interview.
                  Questions asked for interview:
                  1. Where are you going to stay in America
                  2. Where is your daughter / sponsor working and as what position
                  3. Where does your son-in-law work

Interview time was hardly 5 minutes.

I heard additional documents asked to other parents (Latest tax transcripts, DS260 form)

Passport with visa stamp will be sent via courier in 3-5 biz days
                  They allowed to take water but no cell phones.

Comment

• Originally posted by gharya54 View Post

To All on this Forum, here are the details of the IR5 visas issued in India and at the Mumbai Consulate from the Official website of the NVC :-

CONSULATE STARTED WORKING IN MARCH 2021 TO A CERTAIN EXTENT.
                    OFFICIALLY, IT STARTED WORKING ON 07th JUNE 2021 :-

Following is the link to see the monthly figures :-
                    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tatistics.html.
                    Click on :- You will get to see the following :-

I am providing the following data for the general information of all aspiring IR5 people :-

INDIA MUMBAI
                    MARCH 2021 :- 33 33
                    APRIL 2021. :- 82. 25
                    MAY 2021 :- 36. Not Mentioned
                    JUNE 2021. :- 222 169
                    JULY 2021. :- 426. 372
                    AUGUST 2021:- 377 343
                    SEPT 2021. :- 345. 298
                    OCT 2021. :- 342. 293
                    NOV 2021. :- 264. 230
                    DEC 2021. :- 622. 585 { THESE FIGURES WERE RELEASED LAST EVENING }

There is no news on the AUGUST 2020 DQ dates at all from any sources.
                    If anyone gets an update, kindly post it please.
                    With good wishes and warm regards to All.
                    Thank you very much Mr.Gharya for very interesting information.
                    Cant find waitlisted data for IR5 though.Any clue?

Comment

• Originally posted by VMP View Post

Thank you very much Mr.Gharya for very interesting information.
                      Cant find waitlisted data for IR5 though.Any clue?
                      To, VMP :- Wait listed data is never available. Regards.

Comment

• Parents finished Medicals and Fingerprinting on Thu and Fri. Getting appointment at Hyd was easy with several open slots this week when I looked exactly 1 week back. Medicals took the whole day so plan accordingly. 4 hours went for just waiting for this and that. Complementary unlimited mango juice (top quality) and biscuits. Very courteous staff. They better be because the final bill was 38k for both parents included. The finger printing appointment next day took only 15min, so I'd suggest book medicals first day and fingerprinting the next day so you can return to your city quickly on the same day. My parents flew into Hyd from B'lore. Interview at Bombay consulate is coming Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by family_gc View Post
                          Parents finished Medicals and Fingerprinting on Thu and Fri. Getting appointment at Hyd was easy with several open slots this week when I looked exactly 1 week back. Medicals took the whole day so plan accordingly. 4 hours went for just waiting for this and that. Complementary unlimited mango juice (top quality) and biscuits. Very courteous staff. They better be because the final bill was 38k for both parents included. The finger printing appointment next day took only 15min, so I'd suggest book medicals first day and fingerprinting the next day so you can return to your city quickly on the same day. My parents flew into Hyd from B'lore. Interview at Bombay consulate is coming Friday.
                          To, family_gc :- What was the DQ for your parents ? Would appreciate if you can let us know please.
                          With regards.

Comment

• Hello Everyone, Need an advise. my wife has filed GC for her mother with counselor processing in Feb 2021. We recd letter from NVC in sept 2021 and submitted the documents including PCC in Dec 2021. We are waiting for DQ currently. Considering the long queue at Mumbai consulate,

1. is it possible she can travel this summer on her tourist visa (valid till 2029) and stay for 4-5 months with us and return to India. If yes, what is the process or any documentation needed.
                            2. Will there be any challenge at the port of entry since her GC is in process.
                            Anyone has gone through this process any feedback suggestions are most welcome.
                            Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

• Originally posted by agupta2k View Post
                              Hello Everyone, Need an advise. my wife has filed GC for her mother with counselor processing in Feb 2021. We recd letter from NVC in sept 2021 and submitted the documents including PCC in Dec 2021. We are waiting for DQ currently. Considering the long queue at Mumbai consulate,

1. is it possible she can travel this summer on her tourist visa (valid till 2029) and stay for 4-5 months with us and return to India. If yes, what is the process or any documentation needed.
                              2. Will there be any challenge at the port of entry since her GC is in process.
                              Anyone has gone through this process any feedback suggestions are most welcome.
                              Thanks in anticipation.
                              To agupta2k :- Sir, your questions are extremely case sensitive. You do not have a DQ date given to you by the NVC as yet. However, you have started the Green Card process by submitting the documents. I will give you our personal example. We have applied in October 2018. Approved by the USCIS in Jan / Feb 2020. Then papers went to the NVC. Approved by the NVC on 19th August 2020, so this is our DQ date.
                              However, although we have a B1/B2, we cannot travel to the US. We have checked with our lawyers as well the Consulate at Mumbai. The moment we decide to travel our entire process of the Green Card is cancelled out.
                              I would strongly suggest not to rely on the Forum knowledge, but to write an email to the Mumbai Consulate and / or the NVC.
                              Their answers are prompt and shall guide you technically in a correct manner.
                              Wishing you the best.
                              With regards.

Comment

• To All Members on the Forum,
                                Any news of the August 2020 DQ starting ? Please be kind enough to share. Would be deeply obliged.
                                Warm regards to All.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X