Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantor1
    replied
    Hello everyone,

My parents could not make their IR5/Mumbai interview in Nov 2023. They went for their VAC in Jan 2024, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to reschedule their IR5 appointment again. Tried sending messages on usvisascheduling.com and I get the stock response to reschedule on their website. There is no option to reschedule on that broken website! All it will let me do is to make the VAC appt again, not IR5.

Did anyone actually have success with rescheduling their IR5 appointment and mind letting me know what process you followed?

Leave a comment:

• to_do_24
    replied
    Originally posted by ButterflyApril View Post
    Does anyone know a group or forum for IR5 category. I'm particularly trying to find a group or forum where timelines are posted for Interview at Mumbai consulate India.

I tried searching all over, there are few scattered post here and there but was not able to find a specific timeline post. Visa Journey has some, but lacks for Mumbai, India timelines.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks
    Have you tried an app called lawfully? its supposed to have estimates for timelines based on inputs from individuals who have updated their info in the app. Let me know if you're able to find any other resources. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• js2023
    replied
    Originally posted by Sanza View Post

It is better to do your 2023 taxes and upload them so that they have the most recent information.

I was the primary sponsor. I uploaded my husband’s I-864A household member AOS, passport, naturalization , drivers license, 6 months of paystubs and 3 years of tax returns on the CEAC portal.

Only did not upload W2, so now my mom has to put them in their Dropbox in Hyderabad and wait for approval. I wonder how long it takes.. she got a 221g saying it will be approved once W2s are dropped off.
    Thank you Sanza. Did you get a response after the documents were submitted for the 221g?

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyApril
    replied
    Does anyone know a group or forum for IR5 category. I'm particularly trying to find a group or forum where timelines are posted for Interview at Mumbai consulate India.

I tried searching all over, there are few scattered post here and there but was not able to find a specific timeline post. Visa Journey has some, but lacks for Mumbai, India timelines.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mrk_19
    replied
    Originally posted by Jee_mo View Post

Interview letter
    Fingerprint appointment letter
    Photographs
    Passports
    DS 260 confirmation page​ (not required but better carry)
    DS260 confirmation page required @ VAC, photographs affixed, VAC stamps on that page confirming the biometrics is done, and can be carried with along other documents for the interview.

Leave a comment:

• Jee_mo
    replied
    Originally posted by santoshshah View Post
    My Dad has a biometrics appointment for immigrant visa in a few days at Mumbai. What documents are required to take at the biometrics appointment ? I am thinking it is just the biometrics appointment letter, DS-260 confirmatiion page and NVC interview letter ?

Is there anything else that they ask ??

Anyone done this before please let me know.
    Interview letter
    Fingerprint appointment letter
    Photographs
    Passports
    DS 260 confirmation page​ (not required but better carry)

Leave a comment:

• Jee_mo
    replied
    Originally posted by santoshshah View Post
    My father's greencard interview on late January. When I did the application I was working for another company. Now at the time of the interview I work for different company. Do I have to update the application ? what is the procedure in this case or is it ok ? Any guidance would be helpful
    NO need to update the application but need to send your employment letter with payslip to your Dad and he needs to show that as interviewer will ask about it.

Leave a comment:

• santoshshah
    replied
    My father's greencard interview on late January. When I did the application I was working for another company. Now at the time of the interview I work for different company. Do I have to update the application ? what is the procedure in this case or is it ok ? Any guidance would be helpful

Leave a comment:

• santoshshah
    replied
    My Dad has a biometrics appointment for immigrant visa in a few days at Mumbai. What documents are required to take at the biometrics appointment ? I am thinking it is just the biometrics appointment letter, DS-260 confirmatiion page and NVC interview letter ?

Is there anything else that they ask ??

Anyone done this before please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• AutisticManChild
    replied
    Originally posted by kris4850 View Post

Try on marketplace, healthcare.gov. I was able to get for my parents even before they could arrive. They did ask me to submit the documents related to immigration and income, which I did when they arrived. They gave decent time to submit.
    Thanks for your reply. I will ask him to look into this. I am surprised that they didn’t even need ssn or gc details.

Leave a comment:

• rawlleyujjwal
    replied
    Hello everyone,
    My mother got her green card approved and arrived at SFO airport for the first time on Jan 6th Saturday evening. She got her passport stamped saying “Admitted” at the immigration counter and then went for the secondary inspection which took just 10 minutes where we were not asked any question.

I checked the status of green card on this link https://egov.uscis.gov/ by entering the receipt number which starts with “IOExxxxxxx” and it shows an old status from Dec 2022 saying “The case was sent to the department of state”. Does anyone know how much time it takes to update the green card status and the timeline of receiving the Social Security card and green card through mail?

We paid the green card fees after she cleared her interview and before flying to US. I hope there is no additional step she needs to do after entering the US.

Thank you.
    Ujjwal
    Last edited by rawlleyujjwal; 01-12-2024, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• to_do_24
    replied
    hi all, I am new to the forum and am grateful for the community as I navigate this process.
    So far I'm yet to submit the documents to the NVC, waiting on the police verification documents from India.
    Just curious, based on the currently timelines (post covid), what is the rough estimate for 1. document qualification after submitting to NVC and 2. Bombay consul for sending visa interview letter? I'm trying to plan travel in order to help the parent. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• kris4850
    replied
    Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
    Hey, I have a post-interview/pre-arrival question. A friend of mine is sponsoring his parents. They got the visa and should be coming over to the USA in a month or so. Unfortunately his dad isn’t in the best of health lately. He has to go a hospital in India weekly to get some procedure done. Is there any way to set up an insurance for them ahead of time that can cover his weekly visits? What are his options? Appreciate any responses.
    Try on marketplace, healthcare.gov. I was able to get for my parents even before they could arrive. They did ask me to submit the documents related to immigration and income, which I did when they arrived. They gave decent time to submit.

Leave a comment:

• kris4850
    replied
    Originally posted by js2023 View Post
    kris4850 GeoMac newacct

I am tagging you all in my question as I see that you have posted helpful information regarding tax documents. Would really appreciate your insights on my questions below. Thank you in advance for your time!

1. If the visa interview will be held in March, do we need to file our taxes for 2023 before the interview so that we can submit the tax transcripts for 2023? I have the tax transcripts printed for 2020 through 2022 and my father will be carrying these with him. But does he also need 2023? Or is that needed only if his interview happens after the tax deadline of April 15th?

2. My second question is regarding I-864A. I see that some people were asked for I-864A even though their own income was sufficient and the form I-864 was correctly filled. I also filed only I-864 (since my income is sufficient) but my husband and I file jointly. Hence the total income line and the tax transcripts also reflect his income. To avoid getting 221g for I-864A at the time of interview, I will fill in I-864A and give it to my father along with a copy of my husband's US passport and employment letter. I already have his past 3 years W-2. My question is: should I upload the I-864A and his US passport copy to the portal? Or should I not upload and just sent these with my father when he goes for the interview?

3. Lastly as part of AOS, I had uploaded my tax returns and W-2 but have not uploaded my tax transcripts. I have them printed out and my father will be carrying them. Should I upload the tax transcripts to the portal?

Thanks again for your help!
    It is always better to upload and send the hard copy. Seems like they have started asking questions and give 221(g) for last piece of documentation.

Leave a comment:

• AutisticManChild
    replied
    Hey, I have a post-interview/pre-arrival question. A friend of mine is sponsoring his parents. They got the visa and should be coming over to the USA in a month or so. Unfortunately his dad isn’t in the best of health lately. He has to go a hospital in India weekly to get some procedure done. Is there any way to set up an insurance for them ahead of time that can cover his weekly visits? What are his options? Appreciate any responses.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X