Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gc_check
    replied
    Originally posted by sk2023 View Post
    My mom had her Biometric appointment at VAC Mumbai a few days back. Was she supposed to get anything back from them confirming that she has completed her biometric appointment?
    They stamp either the DS260 or the VAC appointment letter sognifying that the biometric was taken. You have to carry this stamped paper to the interview

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    [QUOTE=gcfamilygrw23;n804313]My dad got his visa stamped on his passport with an entry date of Jan 17th. My mom went today (she had to complete sputum tests) and got her visa stamped with entry date of Dec 17th.

Unfortunately, my mom has to go for a surgery and may not be able to travel to USA by Dec 17th. Is there a process or method for me to request a delayed entry date? Can anyone share information on steps done if they were not able to meet the stamped date on the passport for travel to USA.

I have already paid my dad's USCIS fees. Any advise on whether I should go ahead and pay for mom -- does that help?

Thanks in advance for all th
    Dear gcfamilygrw23 ,
    heartiest congratulations for the approval of the immigration petition for your parents. Perhaps no body in this forum may have answer to your query. It would be advisable to take help of an Immigration attorney. However, if I were you and if the mom is in a condition to travel, i would buy her a return. business class ticket. She can come as soon as possible and then return before the surgery. Best wishes

Leave a comment:

• gcfamilygrw23
    replied
    My dad got his visa stamped on his passport with an entry date of Jan 17th. My mom went today (she had to complete sputum tests) and got her visa stamped with entry date of Dec 17th.

Unfortunately, my mom has to go for a surgery and may not be able to travel to USA by Dec 17th. Is there a process or method for me to request a delayed entry date? Can anyone share information on steps done if they were not able to meet the stamped date on the passport for travel to USA.

I have already paid my dad's USCIS fees. Any advise on whether I should go ahead and pay for mom -- does that help?

Thanks in advance for all the help !

Leave a comment:

• sk2023
    replied
    My mom had her Biometric appointment at VAC Mumbai a few days back. Was she supposed to get anything back from them confirming that she has completed her biometric appointment?

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Originally posted by faizone View Post
    Hi AlienKanpur

Quick question, My wife has received IL and her interview date is Dec 1st 2023 in Mumbai. I scheduled her biometrics appointment at Hyderabad location. In the biometrics appointment confirmation I received it says Visa Priority: Interview Waiver, is this normal in biometrics confirmation. As I do not remember making such selection.

Also, I will appreciate if you can share any of your previous posts that have all the details from this step onwards to help my wife prepare for the interview

Thanks
    Dear faizone,
    I think that there is nothing unusual about this. Let her attend the biometrics session. Schedule the medical at least one week before the interview. The interview is fairly routine kind. You can find all the details in this forum. One of our members shanaya made a very comprehensive list
    Our case is approved in NVC 5 months ago. No information from the Mumbai US Embassy on the interview for greencard for my parent. Anyone in the same situation as me? Has anyone received notice of greencard interview at Mumbai us consulate recently?

Best wishes
    Last edited by AlienKanpur; 10-23-2023, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jee_mo
    replied
    Originally posted by faizone View Post
    Hi AlienKanpur

Quick question, My wife has received IL and her interview date is Dec 1st 2023 in Mumbai. I scheduled her biometrics appointment at Hyderabad location. In the biometrics appointment confirmation I received it says Visa Priority: Interview Waiver, is this normal in biometrics confirmation. As I do not remember making such selection.

Also, I will appreciate if you can share any of your previous posts that have all the details from this step onwards to help my wife prepare for the interview

Thanks
    Yea.. THats normal. Attend Fingerprint and complete medical.

Leave a comment:

• faizone
    replied
    Hi AlienKanpur

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• gc_check
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjn View Post

Thanks so much!
    PCC is valid 2 years from date of issue. For my mom's GC, we used a PCC that was 1.5 years old.

Leave a comment:

• mnjn
    replied
    Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear mnjn,
    The PCC must be obtained only from the Regional Passport office. No other PCC is acceptable. Also please note that the technical validity of a PCC is one year from the date of issue. Best wishes.
    Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    My mother needs to get a new PCC (Police Clearance Certificate), as the earlier one has expired (more than one year). Do we need to apply for and get this certificate only from Regional Passport Offices (Mumbai, Pune, etc.)? I remember that there was some guidance last year where it said the PCC fir US Green Card needs to originate only from Regional offices.

I see that local district level Police offices also process PCCs. They said that even though the district level police stations process the application, the final certificate would be issued from Regional Office.

In this case, is it ok to get the PCC from local district? Would you please let me know?

Thanks!
    Dear mnjn,
    The PCC must be obtained only from the Regional Passport office. No other PCC is acceptable. Also please note that the technical validity of a PCC is one year from the date of issue. Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Originally posted by Jee_mo View Post

I believe PCC is valid for 2 years.
    Technically the PCC is valid for one year from the date of issue. However during the Covid days the consulate decided to extend the validity to two years. I am not sure that the Consulate is still doing accepting a two year old PCC. It is desirable that a new PCC is obtained if it is older than one year.

Leave a comment:

• Jee_mo
    replied
    My mother needs to get a new PCC (Police Clearance Certificate), as the earlier one has expired (more than one year). Do we need to apply for and get this certificate only from Regional Passport Offices (Mumbai, Pune, etc.)? I remember that there was some guidance last year where it said the PCC fir US Green Card needs to originate only from Regional offices.

I see that local district level Police offices also process PCCs. They said that even though the district level police stations process the application, the final certificate would be issued from Regional Office.

In this case, is it ok to get the PCC from local district? Would you please let me know?

Thanks!
    I believe PCC is valid for 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• mnjn
    replied

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Originally posted by gc_check View Post
    My mom traveled with me on her IR5 visa today. At the immigration counter, they just congratulated her on her green card and then sent us for secondary inspection. At the secondary inspection, they confirmed the address where the Green Card should be mailed and told us it should arrive between 2 weeks and 3 months. The officer stamped a temporary green card visa valid for one year to be used while waiting for the permanent green card. We were out within 10 mins. We didn’t need to carry any documentation other than the passport with the stamped visa.
    Dear gc_check,
    This seems to be a new procedure. When I entered USA (Chicago) with my wife on August 17, 2022. We had no secondary inspection. Just presented our passports and after a few routine questions and finger printing of only my wife, our passports were stamped with admitted with the inscription IR5. No limits no restrictions no mention of green card. Sometimes things can differ from one port of entry to another. Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Originally posted by SansInd View Post

https://egov.uscis.gov/ ==== case status online. You will need IOE receipt number to query

I have a query
    My case status - Card is being produced. Any idea how long does it take to get delivered ?
    Dear SansInd,
    There is nothing one can say. When we entered USA on August 17, 2022, my status turned to Card being produced in about a months time and within the next two days I got the GC. Whereas in my wife's case it took about 50 days for the status of card being produced and then it took about three weeks before it got delivered. best wishes. It will come soon.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X