Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum has been very helpful. I have a question about what happens when one of the parent is required to go for sputum test. Does the interview get cancelled for the both the parents? Do the other parent need to go to the original interview date or can I reschedule both parent's interview post sputum test result? It is hard for my parents to travel separately to Mumbai. I would appreciate any guidance.

Comment

• I am waiting to hear from NVC for my parents green card application. My parents were born in 1950s and married in late 1960s. They don't have birth or marriage certificates. We submitted some additional documents during I-130 and USCIS didn't ask for those and approved the application. Will NVC or Consulate ask for marriage and birth certificate for my parents? There is a US-India reciprocity for documents that says birth certificate before 1970 are not available and marriages were not required to be registered before 2004. My parents have passports that list each others names as spouse, they also have aadhar card etc.

Can someone who has gone through the process please help? Thanks
      Last edited by AdiY; 08-06-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• My mother has VAC appointment for biometrics on Tuesday, August 9th at 9:30 AM. How long does this appointment take? We are not from Delhi and want to leave the city as soon as we are done with the tests by flight but need to know how to plan for the day. Please share what your past experiences were.

Comment

• Originally posted by djx98 View Post
          This forum has been very helpful. I have a question about what happens when one of the parent is required to go for sputum test. Does the interview get cancelled for the both the parents? Do the other parent need to go to the original interview date or can I reschedule both parent's interview post sputum test result? It is hard for my parents to travel separately to Mumbai. I would appreciate any guidance.
          Dear djx98,
          such cases are currently being discussed in the forum quite extensively. Sapnaanagol is one such beneficiary. Her husband got cleared, appeared for the interview and got the Visa approved. The sputum report will come on the 16th, then she will have to reschedule the interview.
          Going to the interview alone, is one’s own choice. You can reschedule for both parents after getting the sputum test results. Remember that rescheduling and getting convenient dates is generally very difficult. But sputum test people have to do it anyways. Since it is going to be tough travelling to Mumbai twice, it seems logical that you reschedule, post sputum test results. Remember that the medical is valid for entry to US until six months from the date you appeared for the medical. Sputum test does not extend the validity

Comment

• Originally posted by maneeshsah View Post
            My mother has VAC appointment for biometrics on Tuesday, August 9th at 9:30 AM. How long does this appointment take? We are not from Delhi and want to leave the city as soon as we are done with the tests by flight but need to know how to plan for the day. Please share what your past experiences were.
            My parents had their VAC appointment in Delhi last week. Appointment time was 9:30am, and they were done by ~11 am. But it was pretty uneventful, so to account for any unexpected situations, you may want to add a couple of hours.

Comment

• Dear all,

Thanks for your continued guidance. One question regarding the medical appointment at Max Lajpat Nagar Delhi. My parents have their appointment this week, and it seems when booking the appointment over phone, they were told to come back about 3 days after the appointment to collect all reports/etc.

Question: Has this really been the case with others who have done medical at Max Lajpat nagar Delhi ? Was it not the case that they would provide the reports immediately after the medical exam ? Or at best can they send by courier/etc ?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by nchhangani View Post
                My parents went for a medical test in Mumbai; the father was asked to go with sputum test at Lilavati hospital for three days in a row. The original interview data was Sept 3, and wondering how much delay will be with his interview dates. Mom will go with her interview on the current date. Anyone with experience with this situation - assuming it takes two months for test results, will it delay further in the interview process? Any guidance will be super helpful.
                Yes,the interview slot has to be taken after the report of sputum test says negative.It depends on the slot you get but generally gets delayed.Ask your mother to appear for interview first

Comment

• Originally posted by djx98 View Post
                  This forum has been very helpful. I have a question about what happens when one of the parent is required to go for sputum test. Does the interview get cancelled for the both the parents? Do the other parent need to go to the original interview date or can I reschedule both parent's interview post sputum test result? It is hard for my parents to travel separately to Mumbai. I would appreciate any guidance.
                  It gets cancelled only for thge person who has been adviced Sputum positive.The other parent should go ahead & appear for the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

Hello,

what was your last sample date? Did you check with hospital to get the date of result ?
                    Last sample was given on 16th June.
                    I am expecting my results anytime now.Will inform to th Forum members

Comment

• Originally posted by maneeshsah View Post
                      My mother has VAC appointment for biometrics on Tuesday, August 9th at 9:30 AM. How long does this appointment take? We are not from Delhi and want to leave the city as soon as we are done with the tests by flight but need to know how to plan for the day. Please share what your past experiences were.
                      Dear maneeshsah,
                      since the appointment is at 9.30 am, she can actually be there by 9.00 and she will be allowed inside. Generally it takes no more than 15 minutes at Delhi. Our slot was at 9.30, we entered around 8.45, there was not much of a crowd. We were out by 9.20. You may give additional 2 hrs as a precaution and an hour to reach the airport. If nothing untoward happens you can certainly take a flight on the same day.
                      Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by IR5user View Post
                        Dear all,

Thanks for your continued guidance. One question regarding the medical appointment at Max Lajpat Nagar Delhi. My parents have their appointment this week, and it seems when booking the appointment over phone, they were told to come back about 3 days after the appointment to collect all reports/etc.

Question: Has this really been the case with others who have done medical at Max Lajpat nagar Delhi ? Was it not the case that they would provide the reports immediately after the medical exam ? Or at best can they send by courier/etc ?

Thank you.
                        Dear IR5user,
                        this is a standard response from the Max centre. Do not worry, they will hand over a document within an hour or maximum two hours after completion of all formalities. This paper is some kind of information sheet which looks kind of incomplete. But again do not worry, this is just a proof that your medical test was completed. They will also give you a CD containing the x-ray. The actual details of the medical examination are uploaded on the consulate website. Best wishes.
                        Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdiY View Post
                          I am waiting to hear from NVC for my parents green card application. My parents were born in 1950s and married in late 1960s. They don't have birth or marriage certificates. We submitted some additional documents during I-130 and USCIS didn't ask for those and approved the application. Will NVC or Consulate ask for marriage and birth certificate for my parents? There is a US-India reciprocity for documents that says birth certificate before 1970 are not available and marriages were not required to be registered before 2004. My parents have passports that list each others names as spouse, they also have aadhar card etc.

Can someone who has gone through the process please help? Thanks
                          Dear AdiY,
                          I was born in 1951, I do not have a birth certificate. So my layer advised me to submit two affidavits and a Certificate of Non-availability of the birth certificate. For the I-130 application you would have also submitted these documents. Your parents will need to carry the originals of the documents that were submitted in support of the date of birth. In case of the marriage certificate our lawyer insisted that we should get one. I was married in 1977. We got a certificate from the office of the registrar for marriage. In the case of your parents, some documents would have been submitted, like affidavits, marriage cards, photos etc. Again the same rule, just carry the originals of all the documents that were accepted by the USCIS.
                          A very vital question, has the NVC informed you about being documentarily qualified (DQ). If you have not heard from NVC about the case being DQ then it is quite likely that they can ask you for additional documents.
                          Best wishes
                          Last edited by AlienKanpur; 08-08-2022, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear AdiY,
                            I was born in 1951, I do not have a birth certificate. So my layer advised me to submit two affidavits and a Certificate of Non-availability of the birth certificate. For the I-130 application you would have also submitted these documents. Your parents will need to carry the originals of the documents that were submitted in support of the date of birth. In case of the marriage certificate our lawyer insisted that we should get one. I was married in 1977. We got a certificate from the office of the registrar for marriage. In the case of your parents, some documents would have been submitted, like affidavits, marriage cards, photos etc. Again the same rule, just carry the originals of all the documents that were accepted by the USCIS.
                            A very vital question, has the NVC informed you about being documentarily qualified (DQ). If you have not heard from NVC about the case being DQ then it is quite likely that they can ask you for additional documents.
                            Best wishes
                            For IR-5 Mother, should the non-availability of birth certificate mention her current surname or maiden surname (that she had at the time of birth) ? We are not yet at the NVC step, but starting to get her documents ready in correct format. Any guidance will be helpful.
                            Last edited by Aviask2; 08-09-2022, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Hi friends,some good news after a long time!My sputum test is negative.I have booked my interview slot for 1st September.I have also booked VAC( I have already completed) but without VAC,we do not get interview slot.I will go for VAC again that day,so that,my interview slot does not get cancelled.Fortunately,I have conference on 26,27 & 28th August.I am missing one of my talks & going for VAC.Feeling very good as I could get the slot in one go!!!
                              Thanks to all the members,especially GeoMac & AleinKanpur.Thanks to other members who have shed light on Sputum test & the steps to be taken after that.

Comment

• Hi Sapnaanagol,

Thanks fantastic news! Very good to hear that you received negative Sputum test and were able to book as well. Can you share on how exactly you booked online? Also, did you get text/email or call from Consulate to re-schedule the appointment?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X