Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maneeshsah View Post
    For the medical check-up, how do folks provide prior history? Is this a write-up from a physician or taking prior reports of tests etc.? Trying to evaluate how to prepare for my mother's medical check-up. I have some of the reports from past several years but not surgery she had two decades ago. How folks prepared would be helpful.
    Dear maneeshsah
    Do not worry much. When you go to the medical check up, take along the medicines your mom is taking. Also if you have any vaccine certificates. If do not have any records, do not worry. Doctor will ask whether any surgery of any major illness? Thats all. He will prescribe some vaccines for which you will need to pay and they will inject. Xray of chest will be done and after some time they will give report sheet and vaccine certificate. Thats all.
    DS 260 confirmation letter, Medical appointment email print out (if any), 2 pp Photos, Passport and its photo copies. Also covid vaccine certificate. Carry all these.

Comment

• Today, I logged into the NVC portal to get receipts for fees I had paid for IV. I noticed that AOS fees I had paid was marked as Expired. Has anyone else seen that? I paid the fees back in March 2021.

What was even more concerning was that there was a message below that line which said this case is in the process of being terminated. I got IL from embassy for sept 27, 2022. I am confused and concerned. I have sent an inquiry to NVC, but wanted to check if I should be worried and if anyone else has seen this in their case?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear maneeshsah
        Do not worry much. When you go to the medical check up, take along the medicines your mom is taking. Also if you have any vaccine certificates. If do not have any records, do not worry. Doctor will ask whether any surgery of any major illness? Thats all. He will prescribe some vaccines for which you will need to pay and they will inject. Xray of chest will be done and after some time they will give report sheet and vaccine certificate. Thats all.
        DS 260 confirmation letter, Medical appointment email print out (if any), 2 pp Photos, Passport and its photo copies. Also covid vaccine certificate. Carry all these.
        Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by apshah05 View Post
          rmalik - in other words, are you saying that if you have VAC appointment first and then consular interview - then you MUST go to VAC appointment.

If we don't go to VAC appointment, then they automatically cancel consular interview? Just want to clarify, because this is very important information.

Thanks again for sharing this!
          Yes, They didn't go for VAC because they had already done that and i went to CGI website to check if everything is ok and I saw the consular interview is cancelled as well. I can go on cgi again and schedule it but there is no slot available. They have until Oct 10th, Its messed up.

Comment

Dear rmalik
            What happened after they cancelled consular interview ?
            Could you fix it again? Please get the new appointment at the earliest. The visa medical reports are valid for 180 days only from the date of medical exam. Before that one has to enter the USA.
            I have not scheduled it again but I didn't know that they have to enter US before their medical expires, Is that true? I can go to CGI and schedule it again but haven't been successful

Comment

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post

I have not scheduled it again but I didn't know that they have to enter US before their medical expires, Is that true? I can go to CGI and schedule it again but haven't been successful
              Dear Malik,
              what GeoMac has mentioned is very true. For example my medical was on May 11 and the Visa issued to me is valid for entry to US on or before Nov. 06. You must schedule your interview accordingly.
              Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Its so nice of you to shower AleinKanpur & myself with such valuable compliments ! am extremely thankful to you.Even I love teaching,though I am in Private practice,I have started teaching in my own way by writing books on PCOS,Endometriosis,IVF etc. Published 14 books & many scientific articles.I also teach in many IVF centres across the country, these centres, I have set up.Now, I am leaving all this & going to US to be with my kids & grandkids.I will however continue teaching on zoom,mail,calls etc.
                This Forum is so nice, so many of my doubts got cleared.If possible I would like to help members on this forum,not as much as AleinKanpur & you but a lil bit!Thank you once again.
                Dear sapnaanagol,
                Nice to know about your teaching activities. Publishing 14 books is no small task. Heartiest Congratulations. I have almost 100 research papers in International journals. And have guided 14 students for their Ph.D. I still continue to examine Ph.D. Theses and guide some of my students in writing research papers. I continue to teach online for some universities.
                I am passionate about helping people without expecting anything in return.
                Best wishes to you. Kindly keep the forum updated about your interview and subsequent successful adjudication.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear sapnaanagol,
                  Nice to know about your teaching activities. Publishing 14 books is no small task. Heartiest Congratulations. I have almost 100 research papers in International journals. And have guided 14 students for their Ph.D. I still continue to examine Ph.D. Theses and guide some of my students in writing research papers. I continue to teach online for some universities.
                  I am passionate about helping people without expecting anything in return.
                  Best wishes to you. Kindly keep the forum updated about your interview and subsequent successful adjudication.
                  You are a true academician,Scholar & teacher!!Congratulations on your more than 100 publications!!!I truly admire your publications of 100 research papers,just wow!Its also nice to know that you are continuing your good work of teaching & guiding PhD students frm many universities.I will have to search for some acdemic work as I will not be allowed to practice there.You can guide me regarding this.I wll contact you after I get my visa( Hope so).This Forum is ver nice, feels like a family with common problems.GeoMac & yourself are really helping all the members here.I will also try to help.Wishing you all the best in future endeavors !

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

You are a true academician,Scholar & teacher!!Congratulations on your more than 100 publications!!!I truly admire your publications of 100 research papers,just wow!Its also nice to know that you are continuing your good work of teaching & guiding PhD students frm many universities.I will have to search for some acdemic work as I will not be allowed to practice there.You can guide me regarding this.I wll contact you after I get my visa( Hope so).This Forum is ver nice, feels like a family with common problems.GeoMac & yourself are really helping all the members here.I will also try to help.Wishing you all the best in future endeavors !
                    Dear sapnaanagol,
                    thanks for all the great compliments and your admiration. You are right, I am an academician. More about myself after We reach USA. My daughter and her husband are medical Doctors. I plan to continue to teach in the US if I can find some work close to my daughter’s residence.
                    I see no issues in the grant of VISA to you. My elder sister and her husband are doctors and they got their VISA in January this year. They are in USA but not working. Foreign medical degree holders cannot work in the US unless you go through a set of tests and certification. My daughter and her husband did their post graduation (Residency) in the US.
                    Best wishes for the sputum test result followed by the VISA.

Comment

Dear sapnaanagol,
                      thanks for all the great compliments and your admiration. You are right, I am an academician. More about myself after We reach USA. My daughter and her husband are medical Doctors. I plan to continue to teach in the US if I can find some work close to my daughter’s residence.
                      I see no issues in the grant of VISA to you. My elder sister and her husband are doctors and they got their VISA in January this year. They are in USA but not working. Foreign medical degree holders cannot work in the US unless you go through a set of tests and certification. My daughter and her husband did their post graduation (Residency) in the US.
                      Best wishes for the sputum test result followed by the VISA.
                      Nice to know that your daughter & SIL are medical doctors.Thank you very much for the best wishes for my Sputum test result & visa interview.I truly require it.

Comment

Dear IR5user and all those who got their ILs a few days back, heartiest Congratulations again and best wishes for a successful adjudication. You need to do the following ASAP:

1. Look at the Medical facility nearest to which you wish to go. If it is Delhi, you can call them (MAX Lajpat Nagar) on phone. Generally the slots are easily available. Some centers require online filling of an application. Once the slot is fixed, you will get a mail, confirming the appointment and the documents required ( DS 260 confirmation page, Copy of the IL, passport, copy of covid 19 vaccination and any other vaccinations that the beneficiary may have taken, doctors prescription of medication being taken, and photographs). Medical must be atleast a week before the Interview date. Try to do ASAP, so that you may have time to address the sputam test issues. The medical people will give you a summary sheet and may be a CD. You will need to carry the summary sheet for the interview.

2. Click the link given on the IL. Go to register. While registering choose Immigrant visa. As you will go along you have to choose All Immigrant/ Diversity Visa. Once you do that you will find the slots for biometric. You can choose a slot either close to your medical date or close to the Interview date. I did my Biometrics at Delhi two days after my Medical. I gave this gap because the vaccines can sometimes have a side effect. Unfortunately if you have fever or cough etc, then the VAC security may not allow you inside. Once your VAC appointment is fixed you will get an e-mail, telling you about all the documents you need to carry for the VAC appointment as well as the Consulate Interview. Do carry atleast two current photos of your self.

3. The VAC people will return your DS 260 page with a stamp and the two photos stapled to it. At the Mumbai consulate you will be asked for several documents the list of which I have posted in this forum several times. This is only a cut paste from the letter that you will receive from VAC.

4. There are several hotels around the consulate. You may choose according to your convenience. Reaching one day before the interview is generally enough. I stayed in hotel Trident. The consulate is in the back side of the Hotel. One can easily walk to the Consulate. But the hotel provides a free service for drop and pick up.

5. Interview is generally very cordial. Please note that no electronics item is permitted inside the Consulate. Even your smart watches or fitbit etc. There is a facility outside for deposit and they charge Rs. 50 for every single item that you will deposit. Once inside after checking the IL etc. you will be given a token and asked to wait. When Your number is displayed on the monitor, you have to proceed to window 1 where all the documents will be collected and maybe some simple questions. Then you will be asked to wait. Maybe within an hour you will be called again and this time an American will interview you after taking an oath. You can choose a language of your choice for your interview. Interviews are generally barely 5 to 10 minutes. Once approved the officer will retain your passport and hand over two sheets of paper with general information. One of which will have a title that Your Visa is Approved. Copy of these documents have been posted in this forum.

I guess I have pretty much covered every thing. May be our more senior friend GeoMac can add if I have missed anything or if some finer details are needed.
                        Best wishes.
                        Dear Sir, thank you very much, it is highly appreciated.

I have taken the VAC appointment in Delhi for Aug 5, and medical in Delhi for Aug 10.

Couple of QUESTIONS, if some members could kindly answer:

1. For VAC appointment, I am assuming there is NO FEE to be paid at this appointment, correct ?

2. For Medical appointment at Max Lajpat Nagar Delhi: The fee was stated to be around 9K. How much additional could the vaccines cost ? And did anyone successfully pay the fee using debit card ?

I will check the previous posts to get the list of documents they ask for at Mumbai consulate. From what I recall from posts several months ago, people were reporting that they were not being asked for originals/certified copies of the documents of the US petitioner (tax returns, birth certificate, etc which have already been submitted online). I hope this is still the case !

For the PCC: if someone could post their recent experience whether they are accepting more than 1 year old PCC or not, that would be very helpful.

Thank you so much !

Comment

• Originally posted by IR5user View Post

Dear Sir, thank you very much, it is highly appreciated.

I have taken the VAC appointment in Delhi for Aug 5, and medical in Delhi for Aug 10.

Couple of QUESTIONS, if some members could kindly answer:

1. For VAC appointment, I am assuming there is NO FEE to be paid at this appointment, correct ?

2. For Medical appointment at Max Lajpat Nagar Delhi: The fee was stated to be around 9K. How much additional could the vaccines cost ? And did anyone successfully pay the fee using debit card ?

I will check the previous posts to get the list of documents they ask for at Mumbai consulate. From what I recall from posts several months ago, people were reporting that they were not being asked for originals/certified copies of the documents of the US petitioner (tax returns, birth certificate, etc which have already been submitted online). I hope this is still the case !

For the PCC: if someone could post their recent experience whether they are accepting more than 1 year old PCC or not, that would be very helpful.

Thank you so much !
                          Dear IR5user,
                          Good to hear that you have taken your appointments for Biometrics and Medical. Best wishes.

1. There is no fee for the biometrics.
                          2. The cost of the vaccines should not exceed 10k even if the prices may have gone up. They gave me four vaccines costing a little less than 8 thousand. I used my credit card for paying for all the expenses at the Max centre. I am sure that the debit cards are always more welcome.
                          3. The documents that are essential for the interview are very clearly mentioned in the letter sent to you by the VAC people. The original of the petitioner’s birth certificate is not required. The tax returns etc are also not required if the latest ones have been uploaded. But you must carry all the originals of all the documents including pictures if any, which were submitted either with I 130 or with DS 260.
                          4. From the various posts that have come from time to time it seems that the validity of the PCC has been made two years. But many of us who had time, had got a fresh PCC made. So I actually submitted a fresh PCC. If you do not have a fresh one, you can go with the one which is less than two years old.
                          BEST WISHES

Comment

Original Birth certificate and Marriage certificate of your Petitioner and the same of you (Parent,Beneficiary) are required to be carried to the interview. AOS can be downloaded (and printed) from your ceac account. Also W2 and IT Return copies of your Petitioner and Supporter.
                            Original signed AOS not required? So much easier to download and print.Thanks Geo Mac for the info

Comment

• We have received IL from NVC confirming our appointment for 26 Sept 22. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, we are exploring the option to postpone it to December or later. We have not yet booked VAC or Medical appointment. As it is not easy to get consular appointment, we request the senior members or those who have successfully rescheduled the consular appointment to advise us. After booking VAC, is there any option to reschedule the appointment on the website? If we pick up VAC later than our interview date,will the website display option of new consular appointment dates?Phone enquiry with consulate has not been much of a help.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post
                                We have received IL from NVC confirming our appointment for 26 Sept 22. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, we are exploring the option to postpone it to December or later. We have not yet booked VAC or Medical appointment. As it is not easy to get consular appointment, we request the senior members or those who have successfully rescheduled the consular appointment to advise us. After booking VAC, is there any option to reschedule the appointment on the website? If we pick up VAC later than our interview date,will the website display option of new consular appointment dates?Phone enquiry with consulate has not been much of a help.
                                Dear AS45,
                                I wonder what is the compulsion of postponing the interview. Many people who had to take the sputum test, subsequent to the medical examination, have rescheduled their interviews. Rescheduling the interviews is generally not recommended. From what ever little that I am aware of, is that you can reschedule only after the actual interview date has elapsed. I cannot vouch for this, perhaps I read it somewhere on the NVC website. Choosing your biometrics date beyond the interview date seems like a good idea. Maybe the website will open up new appointment dates. To my knowledge this has perhaps not been tried by anyone. NVC or the consulate will not help in this matter. Choice is yours but my sincere advice is to go ahead with the formalities. Who knows that the medical might delay things up? Best wishes

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X