I-94 Expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Expired

Hi, My I-94 is expired on Apr/11/2018 and as per law I can stay in USA by 240 days if I-94 extension is applied.

My 240 days would be completed on Dec/7th/2018 and I got RFE in my I-94 Extension.

Attorney is studying my case and he will send RFE document.

But my question is what will happen if I will not get any response before my Dec/7th/2018 ?

Again is there any other alternative at this time like can I go out of country and come back so that my I-94 would be automatically extended or Can I go to near by Airport for restamping of my I-94 ?

Any help would be much appreciated ?

--
    Thanks
    Ankit Srivastava

Originally posted by sriankit07 View Post
    Hi, My I-94 is expired on Apr/11/2018 and as per law I can stay in USA by 240 days if I-94 extension is applied.

My 240 days would be completed on Dec/7th/2018 and I got RFE in my I-94 Extension.

Attorney is studying my case and he will send RFE document.

But my question is what will happen if I will not get any response before my Dec/7th/2018 ?

Again is there any other alternative at this time like can I go out of country and come back so that my I-94 would be automatically extended or Can I go to near by Airport for restamping of my I-94 ?

Any help would be much appreciated ?

--
    Thanks
    Ankit Srivastava
    You can stay in the US for as much time as your timely-filed EOS or COS application remains pending. There is no time limit.

You can only work for 240 days on a pending extension after the I-94 expires. There is no reason why you cannot continue to stay beyond that, and just not work.

You cannot get a visa or be admitted to a new period of stay unless you have a valid petition. So if your company is applying for an extension of your petition along with Extension of Status, there is no point to try to get a visa or re-enter before the petition is approved anyway.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X