Renunciation Procedure using VFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. i have a few question on renunciation:
    1. Passport photos: they are asking for 2 photographs. Did you paste 1 photo on the Government form and send the second photo separately or Do you just send 2 photo (without pasting it) with your application?
    2. Renunciation Certificate pdf: Did you print it and send a handwritten one due dd/mm/yyyy issue and phone number and address being cut off? OR Do you send the one thats autogenerated via VFS website once you submit the VFS application online?
    3. How long does it take to process renunciation and send back certificate?

Comment

• Hello everyone, I am new here & hoping someone can answer my question & help me. I recently submitted an application for renunciation & VFS sent me an email stating they are unable to process my application due to the following reason:

”APPLICANT’S NAME IN THE GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM DOES NOT EXACTLY MATCH WITH INDIAN PASSPORT.”

I entered my current name on the Government Portal application instead of how my name appears on my expired Indian passport, my question is should I complete another application on the Government Portal & re-submit my renunciation application to VFS with the new ARN# or will I need to have the information on my Government Portal application form corrected by Embassy of India/Counsulate of India? Many, many thanks in advance for responding.

Comment

• That was quick. Mine has been at the Consulate since Dec. 03, 2021 and today until Jan 11.th 2022, the status is still the same with no movement.

Comment

• Hi I had a question. I created a VFS account. However I am not receiving any activation link.I am stuck because of that. I haven't created any application on passport seva, but I dont think that should stop me for just registering on VFS. Any idea, how can I proceed

Comment

• Originally posted by tinkerbellmove View Post
            Hi. i have a few question on renunciation:
            1. Passport photos: they are asking for 2 photographs. Did you paste 1 photo on the Government form and send the second photo separately or Do you just send 2 photo (without pasting it) with your application?
            2. Renunciation Certificate pdf: Did you print it and send a handwritten one due dd/mm/yyyy issue and phone number and address being cut off? OR Do you send the one thats autogenerated via VFS website once you submit the VFS application online?
            3. How long does it take to process renunciation and send back certificate?
            Looking for clarity on point #1 - photos to send along with renunciation form.
            Did you send 2 photos loose? or one affixed to the Government form and the second photo separately?

Comment

• I submitted a Renunciation application for myself and my wife.. VFS rejected it because the applicants name on the government form does not match the Indian Passport. For my case, the middle name was dropped on the US passport while the Indian passport has the middle name included. For my wife, the maiden name was used on Indian passport and new family name on US passport after marriage.

Questions:
              1. When filling out the government application, which name should I use? Same as Indian Passport?
              2. When filling out the VFS application for printing the renunciation certificate, which name should I use? Again Same as Indian Passport?

Next time, i will submit a notarized affidavit stating the names are the same. Is that all I need?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by charper View Post

Looking for clarity on point #1 - photos to send along with renunciation form.
                Did you send 2 photos loose? or one affixed to the Government form and the second photo separately?
                charper tinkerbellmove Hey folks. I had the same question regarding the photos. Can you please let me know what y'all did? Do we need to paste one pic on the Government form and send in 2 additional photos (3 total) or paste one pic on the Government form and send in 1 additional photos (2 total) or just send in 2 additional without pasting anything. Thanks.

Comment

• I sent my renunciation application with 2 photos. One pasted to the application and the other loose. My app was processed and I got my renunciation proof.

Comment

• Bhai/behen.. I am glad 2 photos total worked for you. Knowing my luck and because VFS are indian people, i will be sending 3 photos total (1 on govt form + 2 additional).. if i send only 2, meri vaat laga denge VFS walle... i know it

This process is confusing and overly complicated + we are paying over $230. I am so frustrated. Thank you to everyone on this forum for good info, you all are awesome!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X