Need guidance to obtain 10 year Visa to India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need guidance to obtain 10 year Visa to India

I hold US passport now and live in San Francisco suburb. I held Indian passport over a decade ago.
    My 10 year multi entry Indian visa has expired and have to now apply for new 10 year visa with Travista in San Francisco. I learn that I need to attach ‘surrender certificate’ with visa application. I will appreciate answers to following questions and any further guidance in the matter so that things get done smoothly and in expeditious manner.
    1. Do I have to apply for surrender certificate (SC) first before visa application? Or can I apply for it together with visa application? If so, is that a good idea?
    2. Is it better to apply in person or send by traceable mail? How long do they take to issue?
    3. Is $20 the only expense or $250 penalty will need to be paid depending upon how long ago I took US citizenship, when my last Indian passport expired, etc?
    4. Whether I apply for visa separately or together with SC, is it better to apply by mail or in person?
    5. Is by money order the only way they accept fees, etc?
    6. Can OCI be accomplished in the same time frame or will take longer? How much longer?
    Thanks

Read

/india-visa/

and

/indian-citizenship-renunciation-certificate/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X