P1 visa expiration with valid B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1 visa expiration with valid B2

Hi, I've been on a P1 visa for the past 4 years and is nearing it's expiration date. Before attaining my P1, I was on a B2, (exp Oct 2023). Is the B2 still valid if I have also had a P1 and if so, is it possible to leave the country and return on my B2 tourist visa? Any help will be much appreciated.

It is common for foreign nationals that have entered the U.S. to overstay the time allotted according to their visa restrictions. If this has happened to you, there are a few consequences/penalties, depending on the circumstances.

Comment

I don't think you can have two valid visas for one person.

Comment

I agree with Mikahawkins.

Comment

I think u must have a call with customer care or embassy they will only help you out from this

Comment

At the port-of-entry, a U.S. immigration officer of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) decides whether to allow you to enter and how long you can stay for any particular visit, as part of the Admission process. Only the U.S. immigration officer has the authority to permit you to enter the United States.

Last edited by Alberta; 08-11-2021, 11:41 PM.

Comment

It is perfectly legal to have multiple types of non-immigrant visas - as long as they are of a different visa class....however, if you are planning to return with the B2 to further engage in whatever activity was authorized by your now expired P1, that is NOT legal.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X