Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1/B2 for myself and B2 for spouse

Hi All,

I have been invited to World Bank Youth Summit and want to attend the conference on B1/B2 visa and also want to take my spouse along with me on B2 Visa. I have once applied for B2 along with my spouse in Jan-2017 where my visa was not approved for both of us. Last time I was asked about my salary while I said was xx lakhs per annum and asked about who will sponsor my trip for which I told that my brother will(He actually was) and my duration of stay as one month. They asked my wife if she was working anywhere, for which she replied that she was not. I realised that I made many mistakes for my last interview

Will it be wise to apply for a B1/B2 Visa for me and B2 for my spouse together or should I apply separately? I work for a Govt PSU and My spouse is an MBBS doctor but currently not working anywhere.

Also, If applying together will my spouse's unemployment affect my chances? How do I convince the officer about B2 for my spouse?

Originally posted by ramsekher View Post
    Hi All,

I have been invited to World Bank Youth Summit and want to attend the conference on B1/B2 visa and also want to take my spouse along with me on B2 Visa. I have once applied for B2 along with my spouse in Jan-2017 where my visa was not approved for both of us. Last time I was asked about my salary while I said was xx lakhs per annum and asked about who will sponsor my trip for which I told that my brother will(He actually was) and my duration of stay as one month. They asked my wife if she was working anywhere, for which she replied that she was not. I realised that I made many mistakes for my last interview

Will it be wise to apply for a B1/B2 Visa for me and B2 for my spouse together or should I apply separately? I work for a Govt PSU and My spouse is an MBBS doctor but currently not working anywhere.

Also, If applying together will my spouse's unemployment affect my chances? How do I convince the officer about B2 for my spouse?
    Since you'll be travelling for business purpose, you should apply for B1 only - eventually you'll get B1/B2 visa.

Since you have an earlier rejection, try to identify what mistake have you done at that time. If the reason for rejection is because of your profile, collect documentation for changes in those circumstances.

My suggestion would be to apply for your B1 alone. Once you get your visa, then have your wife apply for B2 to accompany you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

B1/B2 approved for both myself and spouse for 10 years

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Since you'll be travelling for business purpose, you should apply for B1 only - eventually you'll get B1/B2 visa.

Since you have an earlier rejection, try to identify what mistake have you done at that time. If the reason for rejection is because of your profile, collect documentation for changes in those circumstances.

My suggestion would be to apply for your B1 alone. Once you get your visa, then have your wife apply for B2 to accompany you.
      Thanks Libra for your advise, but I applied for both of us before your reply. Here is how my interview went:

VO: Passports please!
      Me: Given

VO: Where are you travelling to in US?
      Me: Washington, D.C

VO: In what context are you travelling to US?
      Me: Started explaining the purpose and he cut me off after just 1 sentence

VO to my spouse: What do you do?
      My spouse: I am a home maker

VO started typing for 30 secs, then he left his seat for 5mins. I felt that he is bringing some letter for rejecting my visa, as he didnt ask me much questions. And then he was back

VO: Where do you stay?
      Me: In Nagpur, Maharashtra

VO: Why did you apply from Hyderabad previously?
      My spouse: My parents stay in hyderabad and we were there at that time

VO: Types for some time and says your Visa is approved, please leave

I was shell shocked to hear those words as I expected VO to ask my letter of invitation, questions on sponsorship, duration of stay and everything. But there was none, just four questions and bam! Visa approved. After my rejection in 2017, I travelled to Sweden and Denmark to attend another prestigious conference. I work for a govt PSU and we had a pay revision because of which my salary increased. I also applied for B1/B2 category which gave me a chance to explain my work and I had a conference to attend which I think are reasons for my visa. Interestingly, I applied for B2 visa for my spouse and even she got B1/B2 for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsekher View Post
        Thanks Libra for your advise, but I applied for both of us before your reply. Here is how my interview went:

VO: Passports please!
        Me: Given

VO: Where are you travelling to in US?
        Me: Washington, D.C

VO: In what context are you travelling to US?
        Me: Started explaining the purpose and he cut me off after just 1 sentence

VO to my spouse: What do you do?
        My spouse: I am a home maker

VO started typing for 30 secs, then he left his seat for 5mins. I felt that he is bringing some letter for rejecting my visa, as he didnt ask me much questions. And then he was back

VO: Where do you stay?
        Me: In Nagpur, Maharashtra

VO: Why did you apply from Hyderabad previously?
        My spouse: My parents stay in hyderabad and we were there at that time

VO: Types for some time and says your Visa is approved, please leave

I was shell shocked to hear those words as I expected VO to ask my letter of invitation, questions on sponsorship, duration of stay and everything. But there was none, just four questions and bam! Visa approved. After my rejection in 2017, I travelled to Sweden and Denmark to attend another prestigious conference. I work for a govt PSU and we had a pay revision because of which my salary increased. I also applied for B1/B2 category which gave me a chance to explain my work and I had a conference to attend which I think are reasons for my visa. Interestingly, I applied for B2 visa for my spouse and even she got B1/B2 for 10 years.
        Congratulations & thanks for sharing your experience back to the forum, appreciate it.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X