Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed the test, decision cannot yet be made about your application

Hi all,

Last week I have naturalization interview. It went well. There were two IO officers. The officer who was interviewing me asking question to another one to make sure that she is doing everything correct. I was really happy. I signed 2 or 3 forms. At the end they gave me the N652. They checked two thing. One, you passed the test of English and US history and government and another one- a decision cannot yet be made about your application.

I asked them the reason. They said that I don't need to worry. I passed the test. They just don't have my file yet. I did not understand what they meant. So, I asked them again if I need to provide them anything from my side. They told me everything is fine. They don't need anything from me. I will hear back from them within 2 weeks. They even told me that there are 2 oath ceremonies in a month. So, I should expect mine in June.

I don't have any criminal history. Me and my husband applied together. He also had his interview that day and he got oath letter. I submitted my application online in February. Everything was moving fine. In fact after interview, my online status did not update yet. It's still showing "we have scheduled your interview" which basically was there before interview.

What to do? Please advise.

You do not need to fret, they basically explained that everything looks fine so just rest easy until they vet the paperwork again. You should be fine, I know it’s stressful.

Comment

How come they don't have my file

Originally posted by Joni8ritt67 View Post
      You do not need to fret, they basically explained that everything looks fine so just rest easy until they vet the paperwork again. You should be fine, I know it?s stressful.
      Thanks for your reply. I thought they have everything before they schedule the interview. How come they don't have my file? I submitted everything they needed. Also, she was verifying everything like my address, DOB, marriage date. Everything...If she does not have my file, she could not read those. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DD6 View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I thought they have everything before they schedule the interview. How come they don't have my file? I submitted everything they needed. Also, she was verifying everything like my address, DOB, marriage date. Everything...If she does not have my file, she could not read those. Correct?
        They can DD6, they just have to tell you something. I’ve read where people get approved and had to go back for fingerprints. Use your time to decide on a nice outfit, that’s what I did while I waited. All the best to you and your hubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Joni8ritt67 View Post
          They can DD6, they just have to tell you something. I?ve read where people get approved and had to go back for fingerprints. Use your time to decide on a nice outfit, that?s what I did while I waited. All the best to you and your hubby.
          Do you have similar kind of experience?

Comment

Several of my students have had the same problem. It is frustrating, but try not to worry. They all eventually got their citizenship.
            One had to submit more information and tax records regarding his business. Another had to prove that she paid child support since she was divorced and her husband had the kids. The most recent had to wait because the entire computer system was down and her appointment was delayed for two hours. The afternoon appointments had to be rescheduled. They told her that she passed the English, N-400 info, History, reading, and writing. The system was down so her other information did not go through.

There are various reasons. Try not to worry, although I can not predict the outcome.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm in a similar situation. I passed the tests two weeks ago, and they said a decision can't be made, and on-line it still says "we have scheduled your interview". They told me they need to pull my 10-year-old I-751 form - the one you file to have the conditions removed on an initial 2-year Green Card through marriage. Not entirely sure why they need that, and there had been no prior requests for it. Telephone support have no information at all, but they did say I can't do much until three months have passed. They also said that if I want more information, I'd have to book an appointment and go in to talk to an officer. So, like you, just waiting....

Hi all,

Last week I have naturalization interview. It went well. There were two IO officers. The officer who was interviewing me asking question to another one to make sure that she is doing everything correct. I was really happy. I signed 2 or 3 forms. At the end they gave me the N652. They checked two thing. One, you passed the test of English and US history and government and another one- a decision cannot yet be made about your application.

I asked them the reason. They said that I don't need to worry. I passed the test. They just don't have my file yet. I did not understand what they meant. So, I asked them again if I need to provide them anything from my side. They told me everything is fine. They don't need anything from me. I will hear back from them within 2 weeks. They even told me that there are 2 oath ceremonies in a month. So, I should expect mine in June.

I don't have any criminal history. Me and my husband applied together. He also had his interview that day and he got oath letter. I submitted my application online in February. Everything was moving fine. In fact after interview, my online status did not update yet. It's still showing "we have scheduled your interview" which basically was there before interview.

What to do? Please advise.

Comment

Which number did you call?

Me and my husband filed together. He had oath ceremony. Let's see when mine come.

Comment

it's almost 40days... no status change... Please help! what should I do?

Comment

Just to put you at ease I had someone go through the same thing. They passed back in February 2018 and got the same letter as you. Just recently in June they were called in to submit a BC with the translation. While she previously submitted it apparently they couldn't locate it. She wasn't at the office more than 10mins.

If you've made it this far you're probably alright.
                    Marriage based AOS concurre
                    Feb 2017 - Date received
                    Feb 2017 - RFE received
                    March 2017 - Biometrics completed
                    April 2017 - RFE response received case no longer on hold
                    April 2017 - Case is being scheduled for interview
                    May 2017 - AP/EAD received:
                    March 2018 - AP/EAD forms sent for renewal
                    Sept 2018 - AOS interview scheduled.
                    Oct 2018 - AOS interview
                    Nov 2018 - Green card in hand

Comment

Originally posted by Randomdude View Post
                      Just to put you at ease I had someone go through the same thing. They passed back in February 2018 and got the same letter as you. Just recently in June they were called in to submit a BC with the translation. While she previously submitted it apparently they couldn't locate it. She wasn't at the office more than 10mins.

If you've made it this far you're probably alright.
                      Thanks for your reply. What is BC?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. What is BC?
                        birth certificate
                        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Update please

Hello there. So I am in the same boat . it's been 2 mothns since I passed the test and got the same letter as you, and I have not heard anything.
                          Have you heard anything yet?

Thanks!!!

Comment

AC2 - Any update in your case.

I had the interview last week and am in the same case. Passed the test, decision cannot be made now.
                            How long did it take for others, please? DD6?

Comment

Originally posted by AC2 View Post
                              Hello there. So I am in the same boat . it's been 2 mothns since I passed the test and got the same letter as you, and I have not heard anything.
                              Have you heard anything yet?

Thanks!!!
                              AC2 - any update?

I am in same boat, passed interview, decision cannot be made now.

DD2/ Others - how long did it take for an update since the interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X