Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working in the cannabis industry in Colorado while in the Naturalization process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all, permanent residents are authorized to work in the US and jobs in the cannabis industry are similar to any other positions in research or retail. They pay their taxes like anyone else.

Comment

Cannabis should be legal long time ago everywhere in the world!
      It was proven already that is has many positive effects on human bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by amystivens View Post
        Cannabis should be legal long time ago everywhere in the world!
        It was proven already that is has many positive effects on human bodies.
        Personally, I'm not against the legalization of cannabis for private use. Some people need it to relieve their sufferings, some need it to conquer depression. Medical cannabis is legal only in a few countries, the citizens of other countries have to take great efforts in order to buy it. And it is better than taking chemical medications on a daily basis, especially taking into account that a lot of them have side effects (I checked the descriptions of all pills I took on the Canadian Pharmacy site, so I know it for sure).
        Last edited by BNic; 01-31-2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to your friend on going through the naturalization process, that's awesome! It's a complicated situation, but there are many offshoots in the cannabis industry. Have you heard of CBD oil? It contains no psychoactive substances and has many benefits, such as improved sleep and pain relief. Your friend can check out mindbodygreen.com to learn more. As for the job, I'm not quite sure, but if he complies with state and federal laws, he should be fine. Maybe he should talk to an immigration attorney to be sure. Good luck to your friend!
          Last edited by HarrisJacks; 04-14-2023, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Based on my research, USCIS can deny citizenship if an applicant is involved in drug-related activities. This includes working in the cannabis industry, even if it is legal in the state they live in. It's a risk your friend should consider before accepting a job in the industry. That being said, there are other industries your friend can consider working in that don't involve *********. It may be worth exploring other options to avoid any potential issues with USCIS.

Comment

I totally get your friend's worry. Working in the cannabis industry can be unpredictable. Since federal law still sees ********* as illegal, it might affect the citizenship process. I don't have personal experience with this, but your friend must consult an immigration attorney who knows about this stuff. Also, I have a friend who works in the cannabis sphere (he owns an online shop), and he used this SEO, which is pretty useful, in his words. If your friend plans to start a business, you can suggest that.
              Last edited by devidassprakash; 07-18-2023, 05:16 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X