• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephanie_lun View Post
    9/14/2021 N400 filed online,Los Angeles office
    9/14/2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
    9/14/2021 Biometric reuse notice posted
    10/1/2021 Interview was scheduled for Nov 3
    Congratulations, this is awesome, Would be great if you can share the docs you submitted to them and eventually your experience.

Comment

Just to update estimated time has now gone from 8 months to 7months so seems to be on track!

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post
        Just to update estimated time has now gone from 8 months to 7months so seems to be on track!
        Wow, I just got updated from 15 to 14 months

Comment

From 12 to 11 Months.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzya View Post

Congratulations, this is awesome, Would be great if you can share the docs you submitted to them and eventually your experience.
            Yes of course! So my appointment is at 12:45 pm at the Los Angeles office.

I got there at 12:30, checked in, and waited to be called. I was called in for an interview around 2 pm so about (1.5 hours of wait time)

The officer asked for my passport, driver's license, and green card so she can make a photocopy. Then we went through the civic parts of the exam and I passed

1) Where is the statue of liberty?

2) What is the capital of US?

3) what is the name of one of the longest river

4) What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?

5) Why did we declare our independence from GB?

6) Who is the commander in chief?

For the writing and reading part, my question was "Who was Abraham Lincoln?" and " Lincoln was the President during Civil War."

The officer reviewed my documents, asked some questions about some of my unemployment period and also asked about my marriage (how did we meet, how did we afford the house, the house was own by both of us, do we have any children, is there any issue as of today with the marriage).

Overall, the interview was very smooth and I got approved on the spot. I also mentioned my plan to travel to Europe in late Nov and early Dec, the officer made a note to schedule Oath Ceremony after I come back!

Here are the documents I submitted for the N-400:
            - House Deed
            - Pictures of any important events since last submitted for I-751
            - Upcoming travel plans with both of our names on the reservations
            - Marriage certificate
            - Spouse's naturalization record/passport
            - Tax Return 2018 - 2020
            - Letters sent to us from our friends and families.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

I have a quick question folks!

My wife just went to her oath taking ceremony and received her certificate of naturalization a few weeks ago; she had applied for a name change due to marriage and her certificate of naturalization has her new name.

We called USCIS to ask if we would get a certificate that showed her old name and new name as proof to show to banks, DMV, etc., but they said they don't provide any of that. Does anyone know if we need such a certificate/document or where we can get it from?

Anyone else who has gone through a name change on the certificate of naturalization?

Comment

Phoenix office processing time has changed from 10 months to 12 months. ????
                PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
                11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
                11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
                11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
                09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
                09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
                11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsimax View Post
                  Phoenix office processing time has changed from 10 months to 12 months. ????
                  just checked mine and it jumped from 7 to 11 months ???????? At least I don't have to worry about the interview or Oath Ceremony stopping me from going back to the UK for christmas.

Comment

Mine jumped from 6 to 12 months as well ????
                    NC- Charlotte Field Office
                    C9 concurrent filing
                    04/10/2018 - Priority date.
                    04/18- 3 Email/Text not
                    04/23- NOA letters - by mail.
                    04/26 - Bio Notice for 05/09.
                    05/09 - Bio completed
                    08/13 - RFIE Received
                    08/31 - RFIE mailed
                    09/04- RFIE response was received
                    10/18 - Case is ready to be schedule
                    10/22 - Interview was Scheduled
                    11/26 - Inteview
                    11/30 - Approval letters
                    12/01 - Card was mailed
                    12/06/2018 - 10 years Green Card received

Comment

I just looked at the USCIS website where you can see the average time for your office and at the top it states that estimated dates from 1st november will now use 6 months of data compared to one month when working out the estimated time. Im guessing this might explain the sudden jump

Comment

my new updated time frame 11 months down to 10 months! despite the set back at least its nice to see that its going back down again at least????????

Comment

Wasn't expecting this but logged on to check on my case today and it says interview scheduled WOOO WOOOOO!!!. My interview will be on Jan 27th in OKC!! Heres hoping the rest of you will get some good new soon to!!

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post
                            Wasn't expecting this but logged on to check on my case today and it says interview scheduled WOOO WOOOOO!!!. My interview will be on Jan 27th in OKC!! Heres hoping the rest of you will get some good new soon to!!
                            OMG this is exciting!!! Good luck!
                            PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
                            11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
                            11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
                            11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
                            09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
                            09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
                            11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

Hi,

Anyone applied for N-400 in NYC?

I applied on 09/11 and the same day my case was received and a letter (on my portal) saying they will reuse my biometrics.

Comment

Hi Folks

Just finished my Interview in Oklahoma City

I arrived 15 minutes before interview time but did not get called in until 45 minutes after scheduled time. The wait was killing me!! However, it did allow the hyperventilating nerves and shaking leg syndrome to die down way before I was called in. So pluses and minuses and all that ????

When entering the building I had to remove my shoes, belt, watch and cardigan I was wearing so bare that in mind when you go if you are wondering what to wear.

They began with the civics test and the reading writing part

Name the U.S. war between the North and the South? - the Civil War
                                Before he was President, Eisenhower was a general. What war was he in? - World War II
                                Why does the flag have 50 stars? - because there is one star for each state
                                How many U.S. Senators are there? - one hundred (100)
                                Who is in charge of the executive branch? - the President
                                Who makes federal laws? - Congress

I cant remember exactly what I had to write down and say out loud but it went something like this.

Say: Who elects Congress?
                                Wrote: The People elect Congress.

I was then asked random yes and no questions from my form and then updated any missing info. In my case I went on a trip home during the Christmas period and added those dates. I originally said 2020 instead of 2021, so we laughed about that and having no concept of time during the pandemic.

The person did not ask to see any documents except my green card and a form of ID so I handed over my passport.

I was verbally approved and handed a piece of paper saying they recommended me to approval and between 2-4 weeks I will be hearing from them about the Oath Ceremony.

I know telling people that they have nothing to worry about it after the fact is little use but seriously you have nothing to worry about and it was a very easy and smooth experience! (Yes I was worrying about it before hand despite other people telling me the same thing!! But seriously you guys will be fine and do great!!)

Anyway good luck everyone and hope this helps!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X