Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 interview while I751 pending

Hello everyone.
    We just received our n400 interview date set for February 14th 2023 Tampa office.
    Our I-751 is still pending so I presume we will get a combo interview. Anybody out there with any knowledge of the combo interviews or any advice? I have seen a few people that have had combo interviews on other forums. Please advise if you know of any or any knowledge thanks. The best to everyone and their green card and citizenship journey.

Make sure your spouse attends the interview too. I have seen other people get interviews rescheduled as their spouse was not there. Worst case scenario if your Spouse does attend with you is that they are not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pbpalumbo View Post
      Hello everyone.
      We just received our n400 interview date set for February 14th 2023 Tampa office.
      Our I-751 is still pending so I presume we will get a combo interview. Anybody out there with any knowledge of the combo interviews or any advice? I have seen a few people that have had combo interviews on other forums. Please advise if you know of any or any knowledge thanks. The best to everyone and their green card and citizenship journey.
      Did they transfer your i-751 to another office after you applied n-400 ?

If you dont mind when did you apply n-400 ?

Comment

I have i-751 pending since 2020/08. In 2022/06 I applied for N-400 and got my interview for 12/14/2022. The week of the interview I received a letter from the USCIS saying that the interviews would be on the same day. and I should bring my wife with me to the interview.

I did the citizenship interview and I passed all the questions. At the end of the interview the officer said that he could not make a decision at the moment as my i-751 file had not been transferred to the Orlando office.

In other forums that I follow, several people have experienced this problem and on average it takes about 2-3 months to resolve.
        Adjusting from B-2, married to USC, Hialeah, FL

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

10/11 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
        10/16 - Fingerprint fee was received
        10/19 - 4 texts received
        10/22 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
        11/05 - Biometrics done walk in.
        03/05/2019: RFIE for I-485

Comment

This is exactly what happened to me also Orlando office I had my N400 interview Dec 16th and I got my notice that the i175 was transfered. Was updated online and then the status changed back to show finger prints were taken and under the N400 it shows Interview scheduled even though I already had the interview.

He said he could get me the oat ceremony because they didnt have my i175 application major bummer!!
          Last edited by OctFile2018; 01-12-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctFile2018 View Post
            This is exactly what happened to me also Orlando office I had my N400 interview Dec 16th and I got my notice that the i175 was transfered. Was updated online and then the status changed back to show finger prints were taken and under the N400 it shows Interview scheduled even though I already had the interview.

He said he could get me the oat ceremony because they didnt have my i175 application major bummer!!
            Did they give you a deadline? my 751 shows “fingerprints were taken” since 4/1/2022 (375 days ago)

10/19 - 4 texts received

Comment

I will echo a suggestion already posted here - bring your spouse to the N400 interview and be ready for them to adjudicate both the I-751 and the N-400.

I brought my spouse in my N-400 interview but even after I told the IO that my I-751 is still pending the IO said that for that day the N-400 is the only thing that needs to be processed. After I passed the N-400, the IO informed me that because my I-751 is still pending, the IO will need to look through my A-file before I can be invited to take the oath of naturalization.

This meant waiting for about a month to get a notice that my I-751 has been moved to another office for adjudication (NBC from LIN).

13 weeks after I received the invitation to a naturalization ceremony (happening next week )

07 days after receiving that invitation, the I-751 was approved without any need for another interview.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Comment

• 02/02/2023

The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
                • 02/01/2023

Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.

Comment

Originally posted by PDBRZ View Post
                  I have i-751 pending since 2020/08. In 2022/06 I applied for N-400 and got my interview for 12/14/2022. The week of the interview I received a letter from the USCIS saying that the interviews would be on the same day. and I should bring my wife with me to the interview.

I did the citizenship interview and I passed all the questions. At the end of the interview the officer said that he could not make a decision at the moment as my i-751 file had not been transferred to the Orlando office.

In other forums that I follow, several people have experienced this problem and on average it takes about 2-3 months to resolve.
                  I did my interview yesterday (different field office) and I'm in that same boat. Did the combo interview, and then the n400 interview, and decision couldn't be made because the officer didn't have my file. What a mess.

Comment

Looking for N400 experiences, Hartford CT field office.
                    Pending I-751 filed September 3, 2021. N400 filed Oct 7, 2022. Fingerprints reused. I-751 transferred to another jurisdiction (from EAC) for faster processing. N400 still shows “case being actively reviewed.” Wondering how long it will take for interview to be scheduled. Would appreciate timelines from others.

Comment

Originally posted by ET9709 View Post
                      Looking for N400 experiences, Hartford CT field office.
                      Pending I-751 filed September 3, 2021. N400 filed Oct 7, 2022. Fingerprints reused. I-751 transferred to another jurisdiction (from EAC) for faster processing. N400 still shows “case being actively reviewed.” Wondering how long it will take for interview to be scheduled. Would appreciate timelines from others.
                      There's no way to know in regards to when the interview would be scheduled. But the I-751 being transferred means your file will be with the officer on the day of your interview, and they'll be able to adjudicate both your I-751 and N400 together. My I-751 was never transferred so the officer couldn't approve my N400.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyfiler13 View Post

There's no way to know in regards to when the interview would be scheduled. But the I-751 being transferred means your file will be with the officer on the day of your interview, and they'll be able to adjudicate both your I-751 and N400 together. My I-751 was never transferred so the officer couldn't approve my N400.
                        Same here. I just finished my n400 interview today. They can’t approve yet because of my i751 and they said they don’t know how long it would take for them to approve I751. This is annoying

Comment

Originally posted by pbpalumbo View Post
                          Hello everyone.
                          Hi could you update what happened after your interview please? Thanks!

Comment

2 months after my N-400 interview I don’t have any news about my case. My 751 still pending “finger print were taken” 409 days ago

10/19 - 4 texts received

Comment

Originally posted by PDBRZ View Post
                              2 months after my N-400 interview I don’t have any news about my case. My 751 still pending “finger print were taken” 409 days ago
                              they are probably waiting still your A file to delivered to office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X