X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! about petition extention

Hello!

Please help me with this matter..

I have an approved petition for a k-1 visa that expires about December 26th. In the moment I'm in collecting documents stage to send to Montreal US consulate. The only problem is I have to fly to my home country to get a requested document which is the police certificate clearance as there is no way of obtaining it while I'm here in Canada which means that I won't be able to send the complete documents before the expiration date. All other documents however are ready to be sent.
    I've seen online that it is possible to extend the petition for 4 more months. My fiance, my petitioner, called the USCIS to ask them how to do that and they told him that I should send a request explaining the reason to the US consulate handling the case. However, whenever I sent them an official request through email and they kept telling me it's to be decided on the time of interview to revalidate the petition but I know that the interview would be in January.
    I tried calling the consulate to explain the situation only they never pickup.
    What can I do about this? and can I actually still send in my documents just fine after it expires?
    should I send the other ready documents on my hand for now or what?

thank you!! any information would much appreciated as I'm traveling in one week!!

K1

Are you getting married before the K1 visa expires? That is what has to be done within 90 days.
    Last edited by samlynn; 11-25-2015, 09:32 PM.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X