Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport SUbmitted to OFC. How to track it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport SUbmitted to OFC. How to track it?

Hello,

After an year of admin processing (221 G), the US Chennai consulate finally e-mailed me to submit my passport. I submitted it to the OFC through my company. How do I track my passport online? I tried the following link but it did not have any tracking page (Like the old VFS website used to have).

Can anyone help me how to track my passport online in the new system ?

I would greatly appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks in advance.

I guess you can chat with them or send them an email. Chatting would be faster I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by try View Post
      I guess you can chat with them or send them an email. Chatting would be faster I guess.
      Thanks try.

The chat and E-mail options are no-good. The IVR sucks. This is turning out to be a nightmare. Please help me!!

Comment

i am on same boat....i have submitted on oct 15th. i did not receive any email or sms

Originally posted by Visa.Seeker View Post
        Hello,

After an year of admin processing (221 G), the US Chennai consulate finally e-mailed me to submit my passport. I submitted it to the OFC through my company. How do I track my passport online? I tried the following link but it did not have any tracking page (Like the old VFS website used to have).

Can anyone help me how to track my passport online in the new system ?

I would greatly appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
        i am on same boat....i have submitted on oct 15th. i did not receive any email or sms

Comment

Same case with me, submitted passport on 23rd Oct, but I could check the status by emailing to [email protected]. Now its "in Transit to Post". It means not reached to Consulate yet. Please keep posting your updates, it will help each other. Thanks you.

After reading all other forums what I understood is, we need to wait for few more days to get it.
          Last edited by vijay2308; 10-24-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your views.

I wonder how to actually speak to a representative over the help line. All I keep hearing is an automated response.

Comment

I never tried though. I will try on monday. btw, did any one of you able to see anything updated on your UStraveldocs site? I don't see any change on this site till now, it looks the same way how it was when I registered.

Comment

Will the OFC will entertain personal visits to inquire about my passport status?. I am really worried as my company rep says he has submitted my passport to OFC but Chennai consulate says they haven't received it yet.

Comment

status through email.

Can you tell me whats status can u see through email inquiry? Mine is coming as "delivered to post". If urs is also the same I also need to do the follow up.
                  Last edited by vijay2308; 10-28-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                    Can you tell me whats status can u see through email inquiry? Mine is coming as "delivered to post". If urs is also the same I also need to do the follow up.

When I send my passport number in the E-mail's subject and body, the auto-reply says "Please use a valid UID". Does it mean the passport has not been submitted to OFC at all ?

Comment

Nothing like that. Try by keeping the passport number only in the subject. Ensure that you have nothing mentioned in the body.
                      If you are still getting the same message...try doing the same from some other mailbox. (It happened to me as well, so suggesting it to you. It may or may not work in this way).

When I send my passport number in the E-mail's subject and body, the auto-reply says "Please use a valid UID". Does it mean the passport has not been submitted to OFC at all ?

Comment

Nothing like that. Try by keeping the passport number only in the subject. Ensure that you have nothing mentioned in the body.
                        If you are still getting the same message...try doing the same from some other mailbox. (It happened to me as well, so suggesting it to you. It may or may not work in this way).

Thanks a lot vijay2308. I tried sending through a different mail box and it worked!!!. Now it says "Your passport is still with post". What does this mean?

Comment

Np. still with post means, its with Consulate itself. PFB the different statuses and their means. I got these from other thread.

The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post."= VFS/USTraveldocs is yet to deliver your passport to the Consulate. It is inbetween the USTraveldocs location and Consulate
                          "The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post." = VFS/USTraveldocs has delivered your passport to the Consulate.
                          "The current status of your passport is Origination Scan." = US Consulate has filled in your Courier slip but is awaiting Courier Company to pick it / Courier Company is in the process of issuing an AWB/Reference code.
                          "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post." = The passport with or without the visa is now being transported by courier to the pick up location that you specified at the time of creating the appointment. Please check the location of pickup on your US Consulate appointment invitation letter
                          "The current status of your passport is Ready For Pickup." = It has arrived at the Pickup location. For some it may be the Facilitation Center.
                          "The current status of your passport is Picked Up." = Lets hope that it was you that picked it up.

Thanks a lot vijay2308. I tried sending through a different mail box and it worked!!!. Now it says "Your passport is still with post". What does this mean?

Comment

Guys, any update for any one? I could see the status as "Ready for Pickup" when I track through email. Now I'm waiting for the email from OFC.

Comment

Which mailbox to use

Guys, any update for any one? I could see the status as "Ready for Pickup" when I track through email. Now I'm waiting for the email from OFC.
                              Hi, can you pls tell me which mailbox are you using to get the passport status. I am getting the message to use a valid UID number everytime. My passport was submitted on 26th Oct. Pls help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X