Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-interview at HYderabad

Originally posted by munna221g View Post
    Well, best of luck. Carry all the docs... especially Client letter (new), Any recent pay stub of your employer, any recent appraisal letter, offer letter... By the way is your approved I797 still valid? because if it has expired then I am not sure how the interview would go...

Thank you for the prompt response. My i 797 is stil valid but I dont have any recent offer letter from employer as I got call today moring from the consulate. I have emailed my emplyoer to send the updated offer later by email. Will carry all the documents I have from the previous interview.

I have got he following mail

Please come for a re-interview on April 29, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Please bring your valid passport and print-out of this letter, while coming to the Consulate General.

Does it mean the visa will be issued, as they have not indicated to carry any documentation.

Kindly reply.
    Last edited by sagitarius80; 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• 221G White for H1B at Delhi EMbassy

Hi

I have attended H1 interview with my wife today at Delhi Embassy. I am with one of the world's top IT company & going on a client project. I have been with this company for around 7 years. Also note that i had B1 stamped for 10 years in 2006 & travelled twice on that. I also had H1B stamped in 2011 but never travelled on that one.
      VO asked me below question

1) Location i would be working
      Answered
      2) Salary i will be gettng in US
      Answered
      3) Cleinte's Name
      Answered
      4) How long i have been with present employer
      Answered

Then he did write something on his system & sent me to another counter. He said that there wil be few more question on that counter. When i reach on that counter an indian guy was standing & i handed over my and wife's passport to him. He scanned both passport and gave me whiote 221 (g) crossing all the document list on that. He said that i dont have to submit any document . He also said that dont worry your visa is approved but they need final clearance & that will take around 2 weeks time.

Does anyone had any idea that .....

1) why that VO did not issue me a 221 g & sent me to other counter...
      2) How i should read words from that guy that visa is approved
      3) Should i believe the guy that it will not take more than 2 weeks,.
      4) What does he mean by clearance (is it beacuse of some common name )

I had 221 (g) during my last H1b visa stamping too , but that time it was issued by VO and he asked lot of documents .

I will appreciate if folks can help me with their experience...

Comment

• Attneded re-interview on 29th Apirl 2013

Hello Guys,

My case details:

Initial interview (Hyderabad): Oct 2011-- 221 G White
        No status update
        26 Apr 2013: Received a call from consulate asking to attend re-interview on Monday 29 Apr 2013

Re-interview: 29 Apr 2013

I have attended the re-interview along with my wife. Brief description of the interview

VO: asked about our passports (as mine and my daughter's passport expired and we took new one)
        Me: Yeah these are new
        VO: how long are you married and kids.
        Me: xx years and 2 Kids
        VO: Why do you have only 3 passports?
        Me: At the time of applying for visa (18 months back) my younger one didnt have passport
        VO: Have you got it now with you?
        Me: No
        VO: Let me think what can we do about his passport
        Me: (The way she was asking I thought she is going to issue the visa)
        VO: she told I should try out Interview waiver program for my younger one
        Me: Yeah thank you.
        VO asked few questions about my job and qualification. Everything looked kind of cool.

Then she started typing something in the computer and I realized again I am going to get 221 G. As per my expectation she picked up a form and started writing something on it. She thought for a while and then retained our passports (previously passports were returned to us) and handed over the form.

Finally she said you have been very patient, but one more final step I will send an email with questionnaire, please respond. Meanwhile you start checking out Interview Waiver program details on the website for your son.

Before we ask she told I cannot tell you how much time this processing will take but usually it takes couple of weeks.

I did receive mail with generic questionnaire asking for CV, personal details, employer details and I have responded the same day.

What does this mean?? what are the chances of getting visa? After 18 months of Admin processing why is this admin process again with questionnaire.

Somebody Kindly respond.

Thank you.

Comment

• 221g white paper

Hi All,

After 4+ months of Admin Processing, Consulate asked me to submit my Passport on 24/04/2013 and i did on 25/04/2013.

When i check the passport status: it is saying "Delivered to Post" from past 5 days and when i check the status on CEAC website it is still the admin processing but status date got changed to 29/04/2013.

Only Status Updated Date got changed but not Status and PP status: "Delivered to Post"

anyone had the same exp?

Comment

• no updates (interview - 15th of Feb)
            Is anyone in the same situation as i'm when husband is in US and wife has to wait for visa...i feel so desperate, its simply inhuman to separate couples.

Comment

• Best of Luck!

Originally posted by sagitarius80 View Post
              Hello Guys,

My case details:

Initial interview (Hyderabad): Oct 2011-- 221 G White
              No status update
              26 Apr 2013: Received a call from consulate asking to attend re-interview on Monday 29 Apr 2013

Re-interview: 29 Apr 2013

I have attended the re-interview along with my wife. Brief description of the interview

VO: asked about our passports (as mine and my daughter's passport expired and we took new one)
              Me: Yeah these are new
              VO: how long are you married and kids.
              Me: xx years and 2 Kids
              VO: Why do you have only 3 passports?
              Me: At the time of applying for visa (18 months back) my younger one didnt have passport
              VO: Have you got it now with you?
              Me: No
              VO: Let me think what can we do about his passport
              Me: (The way she was asking I thought she is going to issue the visa)
              VO: she told I should try out Interview waiver program for my younger one
              Me: Yeah thank you.
              VO asked few questions about my job and qualification. Everything looked kind of cool.

Then she started typing something in the computer and I realized again I am going to get 221 G. As per my expectation she picked up a form and started writing something on it. She thought for a while and then retained our passports (previously passports were returned to us) and handed over the form.

Finally she said you have been very patient, but one more final step I will send an email with questionnaire, please respond. Meanwhile you start checking out Interview Waiver program details on the website for your son.

Before we ask she told I cannot tell you how much time this processing will take but usually it takes couple of weeks.

I did receive mail with generic questionnaire asking for CV, personal details, employer details and I have responded the same day.

What does this mean?? what are the chances of getting visa? After 18 months of Admin processing why is this admin process again with questionnaire.

Somebody Kindly respond.

Thank you.
              So sorry to hear this brother... Its totally ridiculous to give another 221g... Anyways... please send them as much as info that you can when responding to the email.. Even though it didnt ask for specifics.. it generally says " you send any supplementary info...'.. So please be sure to send Client Letter,Offer letter,, pay stubs etc... Keep tracking and keep hoping...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by swetaD View Post
              no updates (interview - 15th of Feb)
              Is anyone in the same situation as i'm when husband is in US and wife has to wait for visa...i feel so desperate, its simply inhuman to separate couples.
              Since Feb 15th I am also waiting... Not sure how much more time and pain...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by H1B_Reddy View Post
              Hi All,

After 4+ months of Admin Processing, Consulate asked me to submit my Passport on 24/04/2013 and i did on 25/04/2013.

When i check the passport status: it is saying "Delivered to Post" from past 5 days and when i check the status on CEAC website it is still the admin processing but status date got changed to 29/04/2013.

Only Status Updated Date got changed but not Status and PP status: "Delivered to Post"

anyone had the same exp?
              Let us know when you get your PPT... It will be ready for pick up in a day or two..

Comment

• 221g white paper

Hi Munna,

Thanks for the response.

i will let you know when i got my PP back but my worry is.. Status date changed yesterday but the status is still Admin Processing..

anyone had same exp before?

Originally posted by munna221g View Post
                So sorry to hear this brother... Its totally ridiculous to give another 221g... Anyways... please send them as much as info that you can when responding to the email.. Even though it didnt ask for specifics.. it generally says " you send any supplementary info...'.. So please be sure to send Client Letter,Offer letter,, pay stubs etc... Keep tracking and keep hoping...

- - - Updated - - -

Since Feb 15th I am also waiting... Not sure how much more time and pain...

- - - Updated - - -

Let us know when you get your PPT... It will be ready for pick up in a day or two..

Comment

• 221g white

Hi Reddy,

My case also same like you.

Visa interview date - 27/12/2012 and issued 221g (with asking Detailed Project Description)
                  Submitted docs on 8/02/2013.
                  Received call on 1/04/2013 , to submit lease agreement between employer and building owner(US office). I sent mail on the same day with lease agreement.

Received below email on 23/04/2013

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.

If your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the INA and you are requested to submit additional documents or your passport please download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it with the required documents either at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 OFC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...ters-in-india/. There will be no fee charged for this service.

Submitted passport on 25/04/2013, Now my passport status is same as you "Delivered To Post".

let me know if you get any update.

Comment

Hi dmsreddy,

thanks for the response.

today our application status got changed to "Ready" and status message is:

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

what does it mean? is our case resolved and issued?

let me know if anyone had same exp

Comment

• E3 - Visa Sydney Consulate

Hi Guys,

Another 221g case – E3 Australia

This time it may be bit different as mine is E3 visa not H1 like most of you. I was reading thorough the long thread of different cases.

Congrats to all who already got the visa and good luck to the one who are still waiting for the decision to be made?

Coming to point, I am Indian born Australian been here for 9 years, I had my interview at Sydney consulate this week and after few questions VO issued me 221 g and asked me to wait for the AP to be finished which could take some time (they said it won’t take long). My question is, any one experienced the same – I mean E3 Visa 221g? no further documents were requested.

Forget to tell, I had 221 g issued previously, when I applied for H1 in 2008 after a long wait of almost 6 months I was so frustrated that I asked for my passport and never brothered to look back at the case. Final info regarding the case was
                      “Some one from consulate will contact you once decision is made”

Please share your thoughts. Estimated duration? Any contact numbers or any other useful information.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by H1B_Reddy View Post
                        Hi dmsreddy,

thanks for the response.

today our application status got changed to "Ready" and status message is:

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

what does it mean? is our case resolved and issued?

let me know if anyone had same exp

Hello,

any update ?

Comment

• Received 221(g) White on May-03-2013

Hello Friends,

I received 221(g) White form with nothing written on it on May-03-2013 (Friday) at Hyderabad.

Interview Date: MAY-03-2013
                          Visa Class: H1B
                          I went to Visa Interview with my wife.

About Me:
                          1. Like many others, I am FTE from a reputed USA organization.
                          2. Been on H1 for the past 5 years.
                          3. Had H1-B visa stamped from India. This was my second H1-B stamping .

Interview lasted only seconds,

Visa Officer, frustrated with previous candidate (a family, they had some issues with finger printing)
                          Visa Officer was Indian American with a short beard (I mean really short).

Questions:
                          1. Purpose of Visit
                          2. What is your company name
                          3. Can I check your I-797
                          4. Can I check your DS-160 confirmation, and he started pulling papers (by then I knew I would be getting special treatment)
                          5. Whats your salary

And then he took our passports and gave us white form and said, you would receive an email just respond to that email.

I had 221(g) AP previously- I believe it was green color, back in 2009 and I got passport in a week, exactly 5 days. No documents were asked to submit.

But this time, I got 221(g) white color. I have few questions, please help me understand this, any help is highly appreciated.

1. Does it matter which color 221(g) you received, does it have any impact on processing timelines, like a specific color has less processing time?
                          2. I called in customer care, they were asking me if I had sent documents, which was shocking to me because I submitted my document like 4 days back, this shows their process is really slow. The lady on the phone said, normal processing time is 60 days. Does it really takes 60 days ?
                          3. I read few posts in this forum talking about status change, how frequently do they update status like daily, weekly, monthly or on event basis (when documents received/uploaded/processing cleared)?
                          4. Do they expedite process for H1B's as H1B cannot afford to be on vacation for a long time.
                          5. Does any one know what is current waiting time ?

I am glad I took my interview in India, Had I got 221(g) outside India, it would had been horrible.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• 221g white paper

Hii,

i attended interview in DEC along with my wife and kid, VO issued me 221-G white with admin processing. it took almost 5 months to get it cleared.
                            got passports today with Visa stamp on it.

unfortunately, we can expedite the admin process.

Originally posted by tahersub4t View Post
                            Hello Friends,

I received 221(g) White form with nothing written on it on May-03-2013 (Friday) at Hyderabad.

Interview Date: MAY-03-2013
                            Visa Class: H1B
                            I went to Visa Interview with my wife.

About Me:
                            1. Like many others, I am FTE from a reputed USA organization.
                            2. Been on H1 for the past 5 years.
                            3. Had H1-B visa stamped from India. This was my second H1-B stamping .

Interview lasted only seconds,

Visa Officer, frustrated with previous candidate (a family, they had some issues with finger printing)
                            Visa Officer was Indian American with a short beard (I mean really short).

Questions:
                            1. Purpose of Visit
                            2. What is your company name
                            3. Can I check your I-797
                            4. Can I check your DS-160 confirmation, and he started pulling papers (by then I knew I would be getting special treatment)
                            5. Whats your salary

And then he took our passports and gave us white form and said, you would receive an email just respond to that email.

I had 221(g) AP previously- I believe it was green color, back in 2009 and I got passport in a week, exactly 5 days. No documents were asked to submit.

But this time, I got 221(g) white color. I have few questions, please help me understand this, any help is highly appreciated.

1. Does it matter which color 221(g) you received, does it have any impact on processing timelines, like a specific color has less processing time?
                            2. I called in customer care, they were asking me if I had sent documents, which was shocking to me because I submitted my document like 4 days back, this shows their process is really slow. The lady on the phone said, normal processing time is 60 days. Does it really takes 60 days ?
                            3. I read few posts in this forum talking about status change, how frequently do they update status like daily, weekly, monthly or on event basis (when documents received/uploaded/processing cleared)?
                            4. Do they expedite process for H1B's as H1B cannot afford to be on vacation for a long time.
                            5. Does any one know what is current waiting time ?

I am glad I took my interview in India, Had I got 221(g) outside India, it would had been horrible.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• H1B Visa issued

Hiii,

Big relief..... H1B visa issued today

here is my update.

Interview date: 17th Dec 2012

Issued Date: 9th May 2013

All the best who are all waiting for Visa.. everyone will get, don't lose hope anytime.

Originally posted by dmsreddy View Post
                              Hello,

any update ?

Comment

• Originally posted by H1B_Reddy View Post
                                Hii,

i attended interview in DEC along with my wife and kid, VO issued me 221-G white with admin processing. it took almost 5 months to get it cleared.
                                got passports today with Visa stamp on it.

unfortunately, we can expedite the admin process.
                                Hi Reddy,

Congrats ...

my case also same as like you , i have submitted my passport on 25th April.

my case status got changed yesterday as below . (After long time my case status updated , since 27th Dec 2012 it was "Refused")

Case Creation Date: 21-Dec-2012
                                Status Updated Date: 08-May-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

what it means , my case again in admin processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X