Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 conversion and Job Search.

Hi,

I got my H1B approval letter today.It is approved only for 1 Year .I have got an assurance from my employer that they will extend it after 6 months.
    My husband is also planning to accompany me in H4. He is also a Software Engg. with more than 7 yrs experience.

1) What is the likelihood of getting H1B sponsor for him in US?

2) What can be the minimum average time that takes him to get on the new job considering the job hunting time plus the time it will take for the H4 to H1B conversion?

I'm concerned about his career as well.Please provide us the possible way out. Will it be worth to go ahead with this?

Thanks in Advance !

Originally posted by anna85 View Post
    Hi,

I got my H1B approval letter today.It is approved only for 1 Year .I have got an assurance from my employer that they will extend it after 6 months.
    My husband is also planning to accompany me in H4. He is also a Software Engg. with more than 7 yrs experience.

1) What is the likelihood of getting H1B sponsor for him in US? -- It is anybody's guess.

2) What can be the minimum average time that takes him to get on the new job considering the job hunting time plus the time it will take for the H4 to H1B conversion? -- If he has never had an H1 petition for him before, he will not be able to start before Oct 1 and the petition will have to be filed on Apr 1 (or until the annual cap remains open)

I'm concerned about his career as well.Please provide us the possible way out. Will it be worth to go ahead with this?
    -- I think it will be risky specially if he has a secure job in home country to leave that. If a sabbatical leave is available, it will be better to use that and then search for a job in the US. But then it is also your decision to assess and take that risk.
    Thanks in Advance !
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X