Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 conversion 2013 - travelling to India inbetween

Hi,

My spouse is on H4 in US now and wanting to get H1 so that she can start working from October. Please provide clarification on followings.

1. If she can ever want to travel to India before applying for H1, can we apply H1 from India?
    2. If we have to apply from here, can she travel to India during the time of H1 visa processing?

Thanks,
    Praveen

1. Yes, but then she will have to either travel to US in H1 status or change status to H1 after coming back to US in H4 status.
    2. If petition is filed with change of stauts while she is in the US, she should not travel outside before the change of status is effective.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      1. Yes, but then she will have to either travel to US in H1 status or change status to H1 after coming back to US in H4 status.
      2. If petition is filed with change of stauts while she is in the US, she should not travel outside before the change of status is effective.
      I believe finding H1 sponsor is harder than finding one in US. Please give more information on this.

Comment

Well, this is not a job board. There are plenty of job/career websites where you can find jobs suitable for her.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X