Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221(g) administrative processing for H4 VISA....please guide!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) administrative processing for H4 VISA....please guide!!

Dear All

I attended my H4 interview on 31st Jan at New Delhi Consulate. I am submitting my Phd thesis in Microbiology/Immunology in first week of feb and my husband works with a highly reputed organization in the US. I plan to join him there after I submit my thesis.
    At the interview, the VO asked me the following questions:

VO (smiling): Good morning! How are you today?
    Me: Im very well. How about you?

VO: Im good too. Can I have your passport?
    Me: Sure...(hands over passport, original I-797 and spouse's visa stamping)

VO (typing away): Maam , what does your husband do at xxxx organization?
    Me: He is a xxxx at xxxx organization. He duties include.....(i told him what all my husband does in his job)

VO (nodding): Ok. When did you get married?
    Me: xxxx date

VO (smiling): Oh..you are newly wed, congratulations!
    Me: Thank you!

VO: Did you work before marriage?
    Me: No, I am a Phd student and I will be submitting my thesis in the first week of Feb.

VO: Wow, a Phd...so what is your Phd in?
    Me: My Phd is in Immunology and Microbiology....(explain my study field to him)

VO (smiling): And where are you doing your PhD from?
    Me: From xxxx orgaization.

VO: Where is this organization located?
    Me: xxxx place....(tell him where its located)

VO: Oh, I get it...I know the place your talking about. So after you submit, you are finished with your studies?
    Me: Im finished with my thesis and studies, my viva will take place after 6-8 months, but thats all that will be left.

VO (smiling):So are you happy that your studies will be over soon?
    Me: Oh yes, Im very happy!

VO (smiling): Im sure you are..Well congratulations! everything seems to be in order and all papers seem to be in place! My colleague at Counter no. 30 will see you for a few more questions.

I collect my passport and go to counter 30. There an Indian lady greets me, takes my passport and spouse's I-797 and Visa stamping. Then she hands my a 221(g) admin processing paper with a case number written on top and says that I need to email the following information listed on the to the email address as a word document: Invitation letter from spouse, my resume, research experience, purpose of visit to USA, itinerary, person funding my trip, accompanying persons and countries visited in last ten years.
    She said once I send this it will take 3-4 weeks and could be earlier. When I asked her as to why I got this processing, she said it is just an internal check.

Can please someone tell me that when the VO said congratulalations to me and didnt ask me for a single paper, why did I get this admin processing? Is it because of my educational background? I had applied for a B1/B2 just 5 months back and had got 221(g) admin processing then as well where I had to submit exactly the same documents. I was issued a B1/B2 visa and my case was processed in 3 weeks. I'm very confused as to why I have got this twice in five months. Also, do i need to be worried about anything? will I get my H4 visa? they have kept my passport and docs with them..is that a good sign?

Please help! Im very worried!

Thank you!
    swatiseth

Dear All

Can you please advice me whether I need to be worried about anything? Why did I get the 221(g) processing? it is because my education field comes under the TAL?
    Please guide me...im very worried!

Thanks
    swatiseth

Originally posted by swatiseth29 View Post
    Dear All

I attended my H4 interview on 31st Jan at New Delhi Consulate. I am submitting my Phd thesis in Microbiology/Immunology in first week of feb and my husband works with a highly reputed organization in the US. I plan to join him there after I submit my thesis.

Me: He is a xxxx at xxxx organization. He duties include.....(i told him what all my husband does in his job)

Me: No, I am a Phd student and I will be submitting my thesis in the first week of Feb.

VO: Oh, I get it...I know the place your talking about. So after you submit, you are finished with your studies?
    Me: Im finished with my thesis and studies, my viva will take place after 6-8 months, but thats all that will be left.

VO (smiling): Im sure you are..Well congratulations! everything seems to be in order and all papers seem to be in place! My colleague at Counter no. 30 will see you for a few more questions.

I collect my passport and go to counter 30. There an Indian lady greets me, takes my passport and spouse's I-797 and Visa stamping. Then she hands my a 221(g) admin processing paper with a case number written on top and says that I need to email the following information listed on the to the email address as a word document: Invitation letter from spouse, my resume, research experience, purpose of visit to USA, itinerary, person funding my trip, accompanying persons and countries visited in last ten years.
    She said once I send this it will take 3-4 weeks and could be earlier. When I asked her as to why I got this processing, she said it is just an internal check.

Can please someone tell me that when the VO said congratulalations to me and didnt ask me for a single paper, why did I get this admin processing? Is it because of my educational background? I had applied for a B1/B2 just 5 months back and had got 221(g) admin processing then as well where I had to submit exactly the same documents. I was issued a B1/B2 visa and my case was processed in 3 weeks. I'm very confused as to why I have got this twice in five months. Also, do i need to be worried about anything? will I get my H4 visa? they have kept my passport and docs with them..is that a good sign?

Thank you!
    swatiseth

Comment

relax

just relax.
      there should be no reason to worry as long as yours is a genuine case.

no body can predict "admin processing" as anything can trigger a check. you, your husband, his nature of work... anything.

so just chill.

Comment

Dear all

Can you please guide me as to whetehr the invitation letter has to come from my husband or from his sponsoring organization requesting an H4 visa to be issued to me. Please clarify so that I may get the required letter at the earliest!

Thanking you,
        Swatiseth

Dear All

Thank you!
        swatiseth

Comment

Dear all

Can you please guide me as to whetehr the invitation letter has to come from my husband or from his sponsoring organization requesting an H4 visa to be issued to me. Please clarify so that I may get the required letter at the earliest!

Thanking you,
          Swatiseth
          Hi Swati,

Don't get panic. Just hope for best.
          I am also stuck up since 8th Jan.

Good Luck!

Comment

Dear all

Thanking you,
            Swatiseth
            Do you still hold B1 / B2 ?

I dont understand why would they ask for same documents in B1/B2 visitor visa and H4 visa ?
            Can you also provide us a list of documents asked right now?

Thank You
            Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

It is really unfortunate that you have to go through all this. Is your or your husbands name a common muslim name ?
              >my husband works with a highly reputed organization in the US.
              Does he work with US government and has security clearance ? Do you know if your husband is a Full time employee with the firm or does contracting ?
              I have never heard of a spouse sending an invitation letter. Are you sure you were interviewed as a H4 ?
              Dear All
              it is because my education field comes under the TAL?
              What is TAL ?

Cheers,
              This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Dear Happybuddha

My husband and I do not have a muslim name.
                My husband works for University of California, LA and is a full time employee. He got his H1B in august 2011. I was definitely interviewed for H4 and UCLA sent me the invitation letter.
                TAL stands for Technical Alert List. My profession falls under that list. Is this why I am getting 211g processing everytime? I just had admin processing 4 months back for my B1/B2 visa which took 4 weeks to clear.

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
                It is really unfortunate that you have to go through all this. Is your or your husbands name a common muslim name ?
                >my husband works with a highly reputed organization in the US.
                Does he work with US government and has security clearance ? Do you know if your husband is a Full time employee with the firm or does contracting ?
                I have never heard of a spouse sending an invitation letter. Are you sure you were interviewed as a H4 ?

What is TAL ?

Cheers,
                - - - Updated - - -

I still hold a B1/B2.

I was asked for an invitation from the sponsoring company. My husbands Organization sent me a letter in which they mentioned my husbands status and a request for an H4 to be issued to me so that I may join my husnband in the US.
                I was also required to submit a MS word document with my Resume, my research experience, my purpose of travel, my itinerary, accompanying travelers and a list of countries ive visited in the last ten years.

Thanks
                Swatiseth

Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
                Do you still hold B1 / B2 ?

I dont understand why would they ask for same documents in B1/B2 visitor visa and H4 visa ?
                Can you also provide us a list of documents asked right now?

Thank You

Comment

Dear Happybuddha
                  My husband and I do not have a muslim name.
                  My husband works for University of California, LA and is a full time employee. He got his H1B in august 2011. I was definitely interviewed for H4 and UCLA sent me the invitation letter.
                  >I have never heard of an invitation letter for a H4 visa. Is your husband also in some sort of research ?

TAL stands for Technical Alert List. My profession falls under that list.
                  > In your first post you said, this was your education. Now you say it is your profession. What is it ?
                  Is this why I am getting 211g processing everytime? I just had admin processing 4 months back for my B1/B2 visa which took 4 weeks to clear.
                  >When did you get married ? Was the purpose of applying for B1/B2 to meet your husband ? Or, what was the purpose for B1/B2 ?

I still hold a B1/B2.

I was asked for an invitation from the sponsoring company.
                  >This is confusing. Sponsoring company ? Was this when you applied for B1/B2 or was it now when you appeared for H4 ?

> Why would anyone answer a Yes/No question with all extra details. Although I don't have all the facts, but just by reading all this, even a lay man like me can smell something fishy. Good luck with your 221g.
                  >See above
                  This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Happybuddha

I am a phd student and I am studying in a UN organisation. There is nothing fishy about my interview. my education is in microbiology which comes under the TAL. I applied for a B1/B2 in september and got it in october. I got married in december. the purpose of my B1/B2 was to meet my maternal unlce in the USA. morover, I has mentioned I am a student in my DS-160 form so when theVO asked me whether I was working, It was natural it would say no, I am a student as I still havent completed my phd. If the VO found my application fishy, he would not have congratulated me and said that all my papers are in inorder and everything seems fine. as far as sponsoring organization is concerned, I am telling you what was written on the pink slip that I got. I have been given an invitation letter for my H4 visa by my husband's sponsoring company which I have already submitted. Last time, I had to give an invitation letter even for my B1/B2 visa from my uncle!!

so I dont know why would you think anything is fishy. It was a very straightforward interview and the VO even congratulated me in the end. he did not ask me for a single supporting document of my husband. He just wanted to know about my research!!

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
                    >See above

Comment

Happybuddha

I am a phd student and I am studying in a UN organisation. There is nothing fishy about my interview. my education is in microbiology which comes under the TAL. I applied for a B1/B2 in september and got it in october. I got married in december. the purpose of my B1/B2 was to meet my maternal unlce in the USA. morover, I has mentioned I am a student in my DS-160 form so when theVO asked me whether I was working, It was natural it would say no, I am a student as I still havent completed my phd. If the VO found my application fishy, he would not have congratulated me and said that all my papers are in inorder and everything seems fine. as far as sponsoring organization is concerned, I am telling you what was written on the pink slip that I got. I have been given an invitation letter for my H4 visa by my husband's sponsoring company which I have already submitted. Last time, I had to give an invitation letter even for my B1/B2 visa from my uncle!!

so I dont know why would you think anything is fishy. It was a very straightforward interview and the VO even congratulated me in the end. he did not ask me for a single supporting document of my husband. He just wanted to know about my research!!
                      Hi Swati ,

I too appeared for F2 on 21st feb in New Delhi consulate. I am in the same boat , got 221(g) and got the white form with the same list of documents as they have asked you to submit. Did you by anychance interviewed by VO on counter no 14???As I had the exactly the same experience as you had . The VO said the same thing to me at the end " Well congratulations! everything seems to be in order and all papers seem to be in place as of now ! My colleague at Counter no. 30 will see you for a few more questions." and I too have B1/B2 visa but that I got w/o any admin processing. VO never asked anything related to finances , or my husband's study , his future plans etc. He was stuck with the work I do at my company ?? What does my company do ??
                      I was asked what's my work profile ? I told him I do performance analysis for networking products pre and post silicon.He was amazed..n was like o wow..that sound very interesting and good.Then all the followup questions related to work and my company...I too think he has given me 221(g) just to verify TAL related stuff :-(

I need some of your guidance /help in this matter sawti. I hope you have received ur passport with visa stamped by now ??
                      I have a doubt in the form it's mentioned "Give a brief description for the below mentioned points in your email in MS WORD format"
                      1.)Did you give all the response as inline in the email itself or an email with ms word doc attachment with all the resonses and attached CV too in the mail. In short 3 attachments in the mail 1.) scanned copy of invitation letter 2.) CV 3.) Responses to questions.
                      2.) Its written brief description , so I expect 1-2 liners response..??

I hope to hear from you soon..please do respond and share your insight..Thanks..:-)

Comment

Hi Priyanka

your interview seems so familiar to mine. Its been 22 days since my interview and I have still not received my visa.
                        Regarding your query, You need to submit two documents attached with the email: 1) invitation letter in pdf format 2) a single MS word document with your CV and all the required information they have asked.

Your CV will not be a separate attachment!

All the best!

Originally posted by priyanka23 View Post
                        Hi Swati ,

I too appeared for F2 on 21st feb in New Delhi consulate. I am in the same boat , got 221(g) and got the white form with the same list of documents as they have asked you to submit. Did you by anychance interviewed by VO on counter no 14???As I had the exactly the same experience as you had . The VO said the same thing to me at the end " Well congratulations! everything seems to be in order and all papers seem to be in place as of now ! My colleague at Counter no. 30 will see you for a few more questions." and I too have B1/B2 visa but that I got w/o any admin processing. VO never asked anything related to finances , or my husband's study , his future plans etc. He was stuck with the work I do at my company ?? What does my company do ??
                        I was asked what's my work profile ? I told him I do performance analysis for networking products pre and post silicon.He was amazed..n was like o wow..that sound very interesting and good.Then all the followup questions related to work and my company...I too think he has given me 221(g) just to verify TAL related stuff :-(

I need some of your guidance /help in this matter sawti. I hope you have received ur passport with visa stamped by now ??
                        I have a doubt in the form it's mentioned "Give a brief description for the below mentioned points in your email in MS WORD format"
                        1.)Did you give all the response as inline in the email itself or an email with ms word doc attachment with all the resonses and attached CV too in the mail. In short 3 attachments in the mail 1.) scanned copy of invitation letter 2.) CV 3.) Responses to questions.
                        2.) Its written brief description , so I expect 1-2 liners response..??

I hope to hear from you soon..please do respond and share your insight..Thanks..:-)

Comment

Hi Priyanka

your interview seems so familiar to mine. Its been 22 days since my interview and I have still not received my visa.
                          Regarding your query, You need to submit two documents attached with the email: 1) invitation letter in pdf format 2) a single MS word document with your CV and all the required information they have asked.

Your CV will not be a separate attachment!

All the best!

Hi Swati ,

Thanks a lot for ur reply. I was just about to submit my docs and commit stupid mistake by attaaching 3 docs , you saved me..:-)
                          I have 2 more quick queries :
                          1.) They have asked for detailed CV. Since I have been working for last 6.5 yrs it's a 3.5 page CV. Is it fine or it need to short CV??
                          2.) Regarding the rest of the questions like statement of purpose etc I assume they need to concise be 3-4 line answers..right??

please it will be really helpful if you can reply soon as I wish to submit the docs today before 5:00 P.M

Thanks again..:-)

Comment

me also waiting for H4 visa..since Feb 14th

Comment

Originally posted by swetaD View Post
                              me also waiting for H4 visa..since Feb 14th
                              Hi Sweta ,

When did you submit ur docs n when was ur interview ??
                              Any idea why were u given 221(g)?? Ur work profile or ur education background??

All the very best...we all need it....lets hope that this wait ends and we all get our respective visas soon...:-)

Cheers
                              Priyanka

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X