Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling to India in H4 while H1B is approved but not started employment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India in H4 while H1B is approved but not started employment?

Hi all,

I am on H4 dependent visa and my employer is filing my H1B petition this April 2013 under premium processing and I hope it will go through well. I am aware that my H1B STATUS will start only on Oct 1st 2013. But I need to travel to India in July 2013 and will be back in USA in Aug 2013 for family reasons. I read through several forums but couldn't any definite answers for my questions. Here are my questions

Consider my H1b is approved before I leave to India / while I am in India
    1. Is it recommended to come back to USA in H4 visa ? or
    2. Go for stamping in India for my H1b and then return to USA on H1B? (but return to USA will be in Aug 2013) ?
    3. If I come back to USA on H4 will there be any problem starting my H1B employment in Oct?
    4. What is COS?

Consider my H1B is in processing while I leave to India and stays the same when I return to USA
    1. Is it recommended to come back to USA in H4 visa ?
    2. Will there be any problem starting my H1B employment in Oct?

Greatly appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Originally posted by ganesh_r View Post
    Hi all,

I am on H4 dependent visa and my employer is filing my H1B petition this April 2013 under premium processing and I hope it will go through well. I am aware that my H1B STATUS will start only on Oct 1st 2013. But I need to travel to India in July 2013 and will be back in USA in Aug 2013 for family reasons. I read through several forums but couldn't any definite answers for my questions. Here are my questions

Consider my H1b is approved before I leave to India / while I am in India
    1. Is it recommended to come back to USA in H4 visa ? or
    2. Go for stamping in India for my H1b and then return to USA on H1B? (but return to USA will be in Aug 2013) ?
    3. If I come back to USA on H4 will there be any problem starting my H1B employment in Oct?
    4. What is COS?

Consider my H1B is in processing while I leave to India and stays the same when I return to USA
    1. Is it recommended to come back to USA in H4 visa ?
    2. Will there be any problem starting my H1B employment in Oct?

Greatly appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Hi All,
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi I have same question in mind. Did u travel during that time? Would you please share ur experience and thought about it.

If you answers to your questions below please post it.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X