Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent (child) visa documents rejected

Hi,
    When my wife in India, tried applying visa (H4) for our new born kid, through dropbox facility, they haven't accepted the documents for some weird reason. The H4 visa is applied based on my current petition (work permit) with my current employer. My wife has a valid visa (still not expired) but it is in the name of my previous employer. She has the right to travel with that visa. But, they haven't accepted that documents for my child, looking at this, the employers are different between visa and the petition. The petition is currently valid and the application for my kid, shouldn't be affected by this, right? Further, they haven't even got any documents. Can I re-apply for my child alone and schedule an interview (instead of dropbox) or should I apply for my wife too to change the employer in her visa? Please comment on your previous experiences or issues you faced? I am not sure why they didn't accept the submission... Appreciate your feedback or support.

Thanks,
    Swami

Hi

Originally posted by satswami View Post
    Hi,
    When my wife in India, tried applying visa (H4) for our new born kid, through dropbox facility, they haven't accepted the documents for some weird reason. The H4 visa is applied based on my current petition (work permit) with my current employer. My wife has a valid visa (still not expired) but it is in the name of my previous employer. She has the right to travel with that visa. But, they haven't accepted that documents for my child, looking at this, the employers are different between visa and the petition. The petition is currently valid and the application for my kid, shouldn't be affected by this, right? Further, they haven't even got any documents. Can I re-apply for my child alone and schedule an interview (instead of dropbox) or should I apply for my wife too to change the employer in her visa? Please comment on your previous experiences or issues you faced? I am not sure why they didn't accept the submission... Appreciate your feedback or support.

Thanks,
    Swami
    Hi All,

I just want to share my experience on this post.

We have valid visa stamping till 2014 which we got through Employer A, i have changed to employer B couple of months back. Now my wife in India applied for H4 visa for my new born with my current petition which is from my current employer (B).

We have opted for Drop Box facility in Chennai and submitted documents on Dec 9th 2013 with out any issues, No questions asked about my current visa.

After 3 days passport was dispatched with Visa stamped valid till my current petition expiry date which is mid of 2015.

Good luck guys

Bhaskar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X