Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to H4 to H1B

Hello,

I was previously on H1B visa for about a year. After that I changed my status to H4 visa. Now I would like to work again. I have the following questions.

1) Can I use my old H1B visa?
    2) Am I cap exempt? Would like to know if I still can apply change of status from h4 to h1 even though the quota for year 2013 is already over?
    3) Do I need to work for the same employer who filed my H1B or can I work for any employer using the previous H1B petition?

Thanks

Originally posted by khushin_18 View Post
    Hello,

I was previously on H1B visa for about a year. After that I changed my status to H4 visa. Now I would like to work again. I have the following questions.

1) Can I use my old H1B visa?
    2) Am I cap exempt? Would like to know if I still can apply change of status from h4 to h1 even though the quota for year 2013 is already over?
    3) Do I need to work for the same employer who filed my H1B or can I work for any employer using the previous H1B petition?

Thanks
    When was the previous H1 petition start date end date? How long were you on H1 previously? from when to when?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When was the previous H1 petition start date end date? How long were you on H1 previously? from when to when?
      Thanks for your reply Raghvi.

- My previous H1 petition start date was 1st oct 2007 and end date was 30th sep 2010.
      - I was on H1B from 1st oct 2007 till 1st oct 2008, after which I moved to H4.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X