Confusing Stamping Query!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing Stamping Query!!

I have a valid H1B status until Sept 2013. My extension was also filed earlier this year and has been approved starting Sept 2013 until Sept 2016.

When I went for my visa stamping back in 2010, I got held up with a 221g and got a stamp that was valid only for 2 years and has therefore expired this Jan 2013. So, I now have
    1. an expired stamp,
    2. a valid 1st H1B until Sept 2013 and
    3. an approved extension from Sept 2013-Sept 2016

Now- I am traveling end of June for 2 weeks. My question is- SHould I go in for visa stamping with the old I-797 or the new I-797. I definitely can't afford to get another 221g this time so will it be safer to get a visa for 3 months using the old I-797 and then travel back after Sept to get a re-stamping with the new I-797?

I'm very confused! I need to schedule my appt asap and can't figure out what to go for?

Thanks for reading this, I look forward to a response from the community members. Feel free to ask any questions!

You should apply for the Visa using the new petition so that the expiry date will match the new petition.

221g has nothing to do with that and there is no way to predict if it will happen again.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, that does make sense to me but I was only concerned about 221g all over again! Thanks for your two cents!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X