Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query regarding documents required for H1B and H4 Visa interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding documents required for H1B and H4 Visa interview.

I work for TCS and I am going to appear for visa interview along with my wife (H4). My wife is working in one of the leading IT company and I mentioned the same in her DS160 too. The plan is to travel alone first and she will be joining me after 6 months.But I am applying both the visas at once now.

Here my questions are, 1) whether VO will ask regarding her current employment?if so, what would he ask and what should we say if VO asks(as she is working now but would leave the job before her travel)
    2) Do we need to produce DOB certificate of my wife and mine? Our DOY is before 1989.

Thanks in advance!

Have you mentioned that your wife is currently working in DS-160? If yes, try to maintain the same however your wife needs to make sure that she will never work or have intention to work later as she is going to just join you as a home maker.

You don't need to have Birth certificate for H4 interview. No worries and everything will be alright.

Hope this helps...

This is my opinion.

Comment

Thankyou so much for the reply. It really helps.

Can you guys please help me out with few other queries that I have:

1. I have been informed that no birth certificate is required for H4 interview. Do I need Birth certificate for my H1B visa interview?
      2. Do I need marriage certificate for the same?
      3. What documents do I need to produce at the interview(H1B and H4)?
      One of the posts I searched over Internet suggests that we need wedding album for the interview.
      4. Do we need wedding album for the interview?
      5. Do we need wedding cards from both the families for the same?

Thanks in advance. Would be grateful to have answers for my queries.

Comment

Originally posted by Gouse View Post
        Thankyou so much for the reply. It really helps.

Can you guys please help me out with few other queries that I have:

1. I have been informed that no birth certificate is required for H4 interview. Do I need Birth certificate for my H1B visa interview?
        2. Do I need marriage certificate for the same?
        3. What documents do I need to produce at the interview(H1B and H4)?
        One of the posts I searched over Internet suggests that we need wedding album for the interview.
        4. Do we need wedding album for the interview?
        5. Do we need wedding cards from both the families for the same?

Thanks in advance. Would be grateful to have answers for my queries.
        Go through the list at :

Birth certificate is not required for H1/H4, though later if you are processing Green Card you will need them.
        Marriage certificate is mandatory. Do you carry few (30-40) photos depicting the wedding ceremony/reception. Wedding card is not mandatory, but if you have do take them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Query regarding work experience in DS-160 of H4 Visa candidate

Thank you for the information. It is of great help.

My wife, H4 visa candidate, is working right now for an IT company. She is planning to travel after 6 months. She would resign from that company before her travel.
          However I am applying the visa for her (H4) along with mine(H1B).

Can someone please clarify if mentioning her current work experience in DS-160 would raise any questions during the interview?
          (Will they ask for something like No Objection certificate from the company or something like that?)

Thanks in advance!
          Last edited by Gouse; 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

My wife, H4 visa candidate, is working right now for an IT company. She is planning to travel after 6 months. She would resign from that company before her travel.

Can someone please clarify if mentioning her current work experience in DS-160 would raise any questions during the interview?
            (Will they ask for something like No Objection certificate from the company or something like that?)

Thanks in advance!
            No reason to hide it in DS-160. It should not impact the visa outcome negatively. If asked about No Objection letter she can say that she will resign/apply leave once she gets the visa. NOC are generally required when one is working for Govt/Defence etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks in advance!
              Hi,

Did your wife get H4 visa. I have also same case you had.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X