Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning to apply for H1 after moving to US

Hi,

I moving to US with H4 visa by December 2014. Is it possible to apply for H1 after moving to US? Can i find an employer/consultant who can sponsor me an employment for H1 visa??
    My qualifications-
    I hold bachelor's degree in electronics engineering 2010 and completed my Post graduate in management in 2014. I have 2 years of experience in IT industry as a software engineer (2010-2012).

Can you please tell me with my current qualifications and experience can i get job or find a consultant for a job in the US to apply for H1???

Regards & Thanks
    Snigdha.

Comment

Can you name genuine consulting firms in california bay area for h4 to h1b ?

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Sriharsha.

I am not from this particular background, but with Technology and Finance fields you will generally not be in too difficult a circumstance in USA. However, if you are unable to land something in your field (which i doubt given your background - be a little innovative, you might have to search for some time and face the visa sponsorship setback - there will be instances when companies will be unwilling to sponsor visa) but in case no one is willing to sponsor your visa as visa sponsored jobs are the ones considered to be with specialized knowledge (i think you should be able to find a sponsor on your own) then approach one of the Desi IT Consultancies and they will guide you with how they sponsor visas. I can share it too but it will help you if you do some research independently.

Further, you always have the F1 visa (Student visa) route open to you. You can always do a Change of Status (COS) from H4 to F1 or H4 to H1 etc. etc. Many Universities are not all that strict with their admission criteria. When i was in the Bay Area (California) in USA, i applied to a University (i did not go to USA on a F1 or H4 visa) and they did not ask for my scores in GMAT etc. (I gave them my IELTS score sheet, and my earlier MBA, Graduation etc documents) It was a small University, ofcourse. But, point being, the opportunity is there. Also, you can give all exams for F1 right from the US. No worries.

If there is one thing i could share from my experience that would be, Do not get hung up about a particular field or a particular career. Be open minded and try to support your spouse. When i had gone to US (long story how i went) i was quite uptight on what i will do and what i will not. There are many jobs in IT which with a little help of Desi IT consultancies, i could have got and it would have also helped my visa. And, these are good jobs (Project Management etc.) but i did not know many things and hence i was not as Open Minded. You should make it a point (if both you and your spouse like living in USA) to make a life there - for yourself and for your child and make small sacrifices for the larger picture.

Sorry for the monologue. I hope the information helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Hi Nattybone,

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Cos

Hi Nattybone,

Could you help me out with desi consultancies in US. Planning to visit US this June on B1/B2 visa to see my fiance. My plan is to stay there permanently. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
        Ashwin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X