Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling in US with extension for visa filed

Hi,
    I am on an H4 visa and my husband is on H1B. Our visas expire today i.e 30th Sept 2013, but we had filed our extensions for the visa more than a month ago. The decision is still in the 'initial review" stage. My question is can we travel withing US while our decision is pending?? If so then what documents do we need to carry if we go to any place in US ??

Thanks!

Originally posted by roohidash View Post
    Hi,
    I am on an H4 visa and my husband is on H1B. Our visas expire today i.e 30th Sept 2013, but we had filed our extensions for the visa more than a month ago. The decision is still in the 'initial review" stage. My question is can we travel withing US while our decision is pending?? If so then what documents do we need to carry if we go to any place in US ??

Thanks!
    Hello, Roohidash.

Within US travel does not require you to carry your immigration paper. It is just like domestic travel. All you need is a valid Photo ID. Your Driver's License issued from USA should work fine.

I have myself travelled to Vegas when my visa had expired. Nobody asks for immigration papers when you are travelling within US. That way, millions of immigrants will have to carry their papers. A valid photo ID is required, which is required even when you go to purchase a case of Beers.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X