Stamping H1-B in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping H1-B in Canada

As an Indian Passport Holder with a student visa from Mumbai India, Can I apply for H1-B stamping in Canada or do I need to apply in Mumbai itself.

For H1-B stamping I need to provide the I 797, complete petition, education credentials, work experience letters and W-2, pay stubs!
    Are there any other docs needed?

What changes need to be made to my Wife's passport post marriage? ie. change in her fmly name, inclusion of Husbands name

Finally, Can my wife apply for her H4 visa based on the I 797, the original notice of approval, or does she need to wait for my H1 B visa to be stamped on my Passport.

Thank you,
    Kapil.
    Last edited by klakhani; 09-26-2005, 12:29 PM. Reason: Few more questions

Hi,
    It is usually suggested that for the first time H1B stamping go to your home consulate. You can try the border but mentally prepare yourself for a redirection to MUmbai. If you choose to go to the border, please update this forum about your experience. And for your wife's H4 to be approved, you do not have to necessarily have the stamping on your passport.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response Veena,

I was chking the site for procedures (https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-application-procedure/) point 3; after u pay the HDFC fees and choose ur date in Mumbai and it mentioned tht your documents need to be submitted to the VFS atleast 5 days before your interview date!

I was just wondering if this is accurate as we usually book interviews 3 months in advance and putting together all the docs can take a little time.

Thanks for all your time and help.
      Kapil.

Comment

Yes, that is accurate.

If you are booking the interview 3 months in advance, you should not have any problems in submitting those documents 5 days in advance. I don't understand the problem.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X