Job Change during Filled H1B Extension and Current Visa Exipry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Change during Filled H1B Extension and Current Visa Exipry

Hello Friends.. My H1B Visa was expired on 16/dec/2013, and my employer has filed my H1B extension with USCIS on 01/Oct/2013...
    Just want to know whether can i change my employer in this duration or do i need to wait for my H1B extension..
    Please suggest. Thanks

Originally posted by vipsinghal View Post
    Hello Friends.. My H1B Visa was expired on 16/dec/2013, and my employer has filed my H1B extension with USCIS on 01/Oct/2013...
    Just want to know whether can i change my employer in this duration or do i need to wait for my H1B extension..
    Please suggest. Thanks
    When is your I-94 expiring?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When is your I-94 expiring?
      Hi... My I-94 was expired on 16/Dec/2013, and my extension was filed on 01/Oct/2013.. so I can stay & work in USA for 240 days.. and by this time my extension should be approved. Thanks

Comment

Technically the new employer can file a bridge petition. But dont join the new employer till both the extension with existing employer as well as the bridge petition is approved. Also, if the extension gets denied, but the transfer bridge petition gets approved then you will have to leave US, get H1 stamped and return.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X