Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regd visa stamping using I-140 filed by previous employer

Hi!

I would like the experts here to provide their thoughts on my situation below.

1. Completed 6 years of H1 with employer A. A had filed for I-140 and extended H1B beyond 6 years. I-140 was approved.

2. Transferred my H1 from employer A to B and extended H1 until Jul-2016 using approved I-140. H1 visa of employer A stamped in my passport expired.

3. I believe my I-140 filed by previous employer A has not been revoked (since there is not change in status). No PERM or I-140 has been filed by current employer by B yet.

Being in this situation, I am planning to visit India this March and apply for visa at the consulate.

1. Is it okay to apply for visa stamping with I-140 (whether revoked or not) filed by previous employer A?

2. To be safe, do I have to wait until my current employer B to file atleast PERM before applying for visa stamping?

3. Will there be any other issues that I should be concerned about my current situation?

4. Is my situation an uncommon one?

5. While checking with my lawyer, I was told that there seemed to be no issues with my situation. According to lawyer, applying visa using approved I-140 does not have anything to do with who actually filed I-140. Is it true?

Please provide your valuable thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X