Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: New Process for visa stamping for returning workers

Hi,
    I am on H1 & I am planning on visiting India early next year. Looks like we can't book the App. thro' ttsvisas anymore. I tried to go to the website & it says we have get some DD from HDFC or something. I have the following question.
    1. What would be the process for returning workers? Should we also pay in HDFC & do the whole thing or there a separate process.

Quick answer is really appreciated as this is very very urgent..

Thx
    Roopa

No Information provided in anywebsite for Returning workers

Hi Roopa,
    Very good question. infact ,there is no such information provided in any of the websites about the process to get Visa stamping for returning H1B immigrant.I'm also in the same situation and searched all the websites about this. no clue .. we may have to call the Chennai consulate to get more details on this.
    Putcha Sastry.

Comment

Reponse from Chennai Consulate

I emailed the chennai consulate & this is what I got..Looks like the process is the same for returning workers too.. :-(

Q:I am likely to come to India in Feb 2006 & I have to get my H1 extension stamped in Chennai. I came to know that effective Oct 1st the service provider for booking an appointment. I would like to know the new process for booking an appointment for an Visa interview in Chennai Consulate.

I would really appreciate an early response

Thanks in Advance

A: You may schedule an appointment on www.vfs-usa.co.in to make a personal appearance at the American Consulate, Chennai, in order to apply for a visa.

Visa Information Unit
      American Consulate General
      220 Anna Salai
      Chennai 600006
      Tel: 91-044-28112000(board)
      91-044-28112060(direct)

Looks like the process is the same for returning workers too..:-(

Roopa
      Last edited by anand_roopa; 10-03-2005, 10:39 AM. Reason: Edited the Title

Comment

Latest update on Visa rules for returnign workers

I spoke to the customer service onf VFS, Chennai. The process is the same for returning workers too. We have to pay in designated HDFC branches in India & there is no way to pay in US. Also, whoever pays, should carry copy of the first page of the passport of the person for whom the APP needs to be booked

All the best
        Roopa

Comment

Check FAQ at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-fees/
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Latest update on Visa rules

Once you pay the fees and choose a date what is the next step!

Does VFS need to verify any documents! Or do we need to take our docs directly to the Consulate
            Thanks,
            Kapil.

Comment

hi,
              Returning workers qualify for emerency appointments which is determined during the course of making the appointment itself, in which case if a person is to visit India from US in say Jan 2005, if he/she tries to make the appointment as soon as they arrive in India after paying the requisite fee at HDFC, they will get an appointment within a time frame of 7 to 8 days, and they also qualify to attend any of the consulates in india.
              And all the documents have to be physically carried to the VO on the date of interview. One need not send them to the consulate after making the appointment.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X