Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Travelling to India before receiving Approved 797 in hand

Dear Friends,
    My H1B visa extension petition is approved 2 weeks earlier and my employer received only the confirmation of approved notice from USCIS. Currently I am in very urgent need to travel to India. I would like to know if travelling back to India without having approved 797 document is fine or do we need to wait till I received approved document in hand.

Please kindly help me!!

- Sam

Originally posted by sam511 View Post
    Dear Friends,
    My H1B visa extension petition is approved 2 weeks earlier and my employer received only the confirmation of approved notice from USCIS. Currently I am in very urgent need to travel to India. I would like to know if travelling back to India without having approved 797 document is fine or do we need to wait till I received approved document in hand.

Please kindly help me!!

- Sam
    If it is approved then no issue. You can ask the employer to send it over to your India address and you can use it to go for stamping if visa has expired or if visa is valid use the new petition to re enter US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If it is approved then no issue. You can ask the employer to send it over to your India address and you can use it to go for stamping if visa has expired or if visa is valid use the new petition to re enter US.

Thanks Raghvi for your suggestion. I would like to know if I am in India and my approved I797 is lost some then how reissue of I797 works. I will be out of country and getting reissue of I797 will be fine.

Thanks,
      Sam

Comment

You can request for a Copy I797C.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X