Got i 797 B while on F1 and on CPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got i 797 B while on F1 and on CPT

hi I'm currently on F1 and working on my CPT. My h1 for the first time recently got approved, however i got an i 797 B which says that i would need to go back to my home country immediately. so due to this i have few question?

1) How soon do i need to leave usa ? Is there any grace period that is given?
    2) per the instruction on the letter that was sent to my lawyer , i cannot further appeal for change of status so as this point can i , if i so chose continue being on F1 status and work on CPT? Is there any withrdawal process for my H1?
    3) Am I considered to be on H1 visa or Ami still on f1 visa now or should i consider myself to be out of status?
    4) is there any other alternative ? i know there is one option of 'MTR' motion to re-appeal but from what i know if my employer files that i will need to stop working right away and if that gets denied iw ill be considerd out of status from the time it was filed . is that true?
    5) please sugges if there is any other alternative i can take..

Thank you

Originally posted by no12blame View Post
    hi I'm currently on F1 and working on my CPT. My h1 for the first time recently got approved, however i got an i 797 B which says that i would need to go back to my home country immediately. so due to this i have few question?

1) How soon do i need to leave usa ? Is there any grace period that is given?
    2) per the instruction on the letter that was sent to my lawyer , i cannot further appeal for change of status so as this point can i , if i so chose continue being on F1 status and work on CPT? Is there any withrdawal process for my H1?
    3) Am I considered to be on H1 visa or Ami still on f1 visa now or should i consider myself to be out of status?
    4) is there any other alternative ? i know there is one option of 'MTR' motion to re-appeal but from what i know if my employer files that i will need to stop working right away and if that gets denied iw ill be considerd out of status from the time it was filed . is that true?
    5) please sugges if there is any other alternative i can take..

Thank you
    Hello, n012blame.

What i understand is your current visa status is valid, that does not get changes unless specifically mentioned in the letter. It would help if you could share what communication does the letter from USCIS exactly carry.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X