Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while H1B being filed

Hi all,
    I am right now on H4 visa (husband H1 valid till jan 2015) and my H1B will be filed by my employer this April and hoping that it gets approved. I absolutely need to travel back to India in July to complete the last exam of my doctoral degree. I was wondering if it would be a problem to enter the united states on my H4 visa with my H1B being approved? My husband will be accompanying me when I re-enter the US. The H1B will be valid only after 1 Oct so technically I would be on H4 visa until then, right?
    I would be grateful to anyone who is able to help me with this!
    Thanks,

Originally posted by travelton View Post
    Hi all,
    I am right now on H4 visa (husband H1 valid till jan 2015) and my H1B will be filed by my employer this April and hoping that it gets approved. I absolutely need to travel back to India in July to complete the last exam of my doctoral degree. I was wondering if it would be a problem to enter the united states on my H4 visa with my H1B being approved? My husband will be accompanying me when I re-enter the US. The H1B will be valid only after 1 Oct so technically I would be on H4 visa until then, right?
    I would be grateful to anyone who is able to help me with this!
    Thanks,
    A COS is considered abandoned if on travels while it is pending. As long as you travel after H1 approval and before H1 start date it should be fine. File in premium to have a higher chances of it getting approved by July.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X