Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying GC in my 6th year and planning to move L1A to extend my stay for one year mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying GC in my 6th year and planning to move L1A to extend my stay for one year mo

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on H1B which is expiring Dec 15 2014 (after recapturing outside of US days). My employer is now filling my GC with EB2 category. PWD is already and recruitment process is in progress. Anticipating labor filling in May 2014 which is just 8 months before i finish my 6 years of H1B. Looking at timelines by DOL, getting PERM approval and i140 is hard to expect in 8 months. so looking for alternative ways to keep my self in US.

I'm also eligible for L1A as i'm working with same employer since last 11 years [6 years in india + 5.3 years in USA] and playing manager role in my current project. My employer is not ready for EB1, so the only alternative option i could see is, changing my status to L1A to get 1 more year validity for my stay.

The question i have:

After i change my status from H1B to L1A, if my i140 approves by march 2015 (which is after my H1b 6 year period and i'm L1A status), Do i need to change status back to H1B in order to stay in US or i can still in L1A and apply for extensions?

Please clarify

Thanks
    Harsha

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X