Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b petition approved, no client, no stamping, employer asking for money

hi
    i got h1b approved through comany A in 2013 even without a client. my employer not getting a client till now, so i couldnt go for stamping. but now my employer is asking for a huge sum saying that i should incur expenses if i dont join them with in few weeks from now. i signed and sent offer letter before applying the petition last year. nothing was mentioned in the offer letter about if i dont join.

please advice me on how to handle this.

Originally posted by browneypearl View Post
    hi
    i got h1b approved through comany A in 2013 even without a client. my employer not getting a client till now, so i couldnt go for stamping. but now my employer is asking for a huge sum saying that i should incur expenses if i dont join them with in few weeks from now. i signed and sent offer letter before applying the petition last year. nothing was mentioned in the offer letter about if i dont join.

please advice me on how to handle this.
    Ask them on what basis they asking it as its illegal to ask money for H1. Send them the link https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-em...int-procedure/ and tell you will complain to DOL if they harass you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Ragvi for the response. it gives me a clarity on my case. I understand that this is not legal. So am not going to sign any document requiring me to pay any money also. Also i have one more doubt. if my employer choose to withdraw the petition, also me not yet went for visa stamping, will i still be cap exempt? if i find any other employer, can i use this same approval?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X