Clear All

• H1b exempt clarification

Team

currently Am I eligible for H1b Exempt ? below are details

I797C :

Receipt Date ; August 10 2005
    Notice date : March 11 2006
    Notice Valid from 03/08/2006 to 09/30/2008

Obtained Visa from Delhi consulate and got expire also but not traveled to USA on this H1b visa at all.
    Visited US on B1/B2 quite often and used to stay only for 2 weeks

with above details can I change my employer and am I eligible for H1b without 2015 cap

Please let me know your input to proceed such that I want to move to USA

Current cap exempt H1b has nothing to do with your past H1b that expired.

For you to be eligible for cap exempt H1b , your employer should be one of the following;

A not for profit institution of higher education
    A not for profit entity related or affiliated to an institution of higher education
    A not for profit research organization or a governmental research organization

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      Current cap exempt H1b has nothing to do with your past H1b that expired.

For you to be eligible for cap exempt H1b , your employer should be one of the following;

A not for profit institution of higher education
      A not for profit entity related or affiliated to an institution of higher education
      A not for profit research organization or a governmental research organization
      Peace, I believe what the forum member wanted to know was with respect to the H1B Remainder Time Rule. If one does not entirely use up the 6 Years of H1 in US, then in certain circumstances one can re use that petition to file a new "Cap Exempt" H1 petition.

Movesoon: As you were cap counted over 6 Years back and your were not in H1 status on that cap in last 6 Years, you cannot re use that particular H1.

In fact there is a petition to make old unused/expired/revoked H1s to be available to the general Pool: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...cases/FB6Z3WH1

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X