H1B extension & transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension & transfer

i know this question is asked a million times but it would be reassuring to read a reply specific to my case, so here goes:

1. H1B expires sep 30, 2014. I94 expires- oct 10 2014
    2. Have a new offer. They will process premium but have still not started the process. They have asked me to apply for extn with current employer to remain valid thru the transfer process.They have been getting too many rfe lately.
    3. asked current employer to file for extension. They were shocked that I didnt apply yet and are considering premium process for extension.

question:
    1. What happens if I apply regular processing for extension and transfer goes to rfe- worst case. I reach my visa expiration. will transfer be affected.
    2. I am concerned about applying premium extension with current employer as I may have to give notice soon(considering goes well); they may freak out and demand premium processing expenses from me?
    3. can I ever get into invalid status because of the visa expiration during transfer. I wont leave current employer till I get transfer approval.

Originally posted by marna View Post
    i know this question is asked a million times but it would be reassuring to read a reply specific to my case, so here goes:

1. H1B expires sep 30, 2014. I94 expires- oct 10 2014
    2. Have a new offer. They will process premium but have still not started the process. They have asked me to apply for extn with current employer to remain valid thru the transfer process.They have been getting too many rfe lately.
    3. asked current employer to file for extension. They were shocked that I didnt apply yet and are considering premium process for extension.

question:
    1. What happens if I apply regular processing for extension and transfer goes to rfe- worst case. I reach my visa expiration. will transfer be affected.
    2. I am concerned about applying premium extension with current employer as I may have to give notice soon(considering goes well); they may freak out and demand premium processing expenses from me?
    3. can I ever get into invalid status because of the visa expiration during transfer. I wont leave current employer till I get transfer approval.
    1. Why do you want to join without transfer getting approved?
    2. Why would you have to give notice soon?
    3. As long as you get paid by an employer who has an approved and valid petition for you , you will not go out of status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X