Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Not Utilized

Dear All,

My H1B has been extended in the year 2009 and valid till 2011. However i have returned back to India in March 2009 due to some personal reasons and could not utilize my extended H1B visa. I'm still in India. Now,My questions are
    1. If i want to work back in US. Can i reactivate my H1B visa which has been approved ?
    2. If yes, My passport which has been used for the H1B extension has expired and i have applied and received new Passport . Will that have any affect my H1B visa. I mean, will that matter?

Need your inputs and guidance please.

Thanks & Regards !!!

Originally posted by princehartin View Post
    Dear All,

My H1B has been extended in the year 2009 and valid till 2011. However i have returned back to India in March 2009 due to some personal reasons and could not utilize my extended H1B visa. I'm still in India. Now,My questions are
    1. If i want to work back in US. Can i reactivate my H1B visa which has been approved ?
    2. If yes, My passport which has been used for the H1B extension has expired and i have applied and received new Passport . Will that have any affect my H1B visa. I mean, will that matter?

Need your inputs and guidance please.

Thanks & Regards !!!
    1. If i want to work back in US. Can i reactivate my H1B visa which has been approved ?-If you held H1B status in 2009 then you file capexempt upto MAR2015
    2. If yes, My passport which has been used for the H1B extension has expired and i have applied and received new Passport . Will that have any affect my H1B visa. I mean, will that matter?-Not an issue

Comment

H1B Not Utilized

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      1. If i want to work back in US. Can i reactivate my H1B visa which has been approved ?-If you held H1B status in 2009 then you file capexempt upto MAR2015
      2. If yes, My passport which has been used for the H1B extension has expired and i have applied and received new Passport . Will that have any affect my H1B visa. I mean, will that matter?-Not an issue
      Thanks for your inputs Sneha.
      Is there any official document or weblink where in i can find further details like how to activate the H1B or the process involved,etc.
      If so, it would be really great if you can forward it to me.
      Thanks again !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by princehartin View Post
        Thanks for your inputs Sneha.
        Is there any official document or weblink where in i can find further details like how to activate the H1B or the process involved,etc.
        If so, it would be really great if you can forward it to me.
        Thanks again !!!!
        Check this link,but you need an employer who can file a CAPEXEMPT petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X