H1B extension + H4 application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension + H4 application

I am visiting India in December 2014 and will be getting married. I had a few questions about the H1B re-stamping process and H4 application.

Background:
    I joined my current company in July 2012. The H1B visa on my passport reflects the name of my previous employer. My current H1B visa will be expiring on September 30 2014.
    The H1B visa extension was filed approved a couple of weeks back. I have received the I-797 Approval notice.

I had the following questions:
    - Since my current visa has the name of old employer, it is my understanding that I will not be eligible for the interview waiver/dropbox program. Is that correct?
    - I am getting married on December 11. Do I take the H1B restamping and H4 application interview date together ie in one slot? Or should it be done in separate interviews?
    - If in the same slot, do I mention “Married” in the Personal Information section of the DS-160 that I am currently filling up? I am a little confused about this process.

DS-160 question:
    - My passport has the Surname blank and Given name as “ABC XYZ”. What should be filled up in the DS-160 form?
    - While filling up the DS 160, do I provide the US address as the Home address or the address in India as the Home Address.

Appreciate any advice/assistance that you can provide.

Thanks

Originally posted by vikikhana View Post
    I am visiting India in December 2014 and will be getting married. I had a few questions about the H1B re-stamping process and H4 application.

Background:
    I joined my current company in July 2012. The H1B visa on my passport reflects the name of my previous employer. My current H1B visa will be expiring on September 30 2014.
    The H1B visa extension was filed approved a couple of weeks back. I have received the I-797 Approval notice.

I had the following questions:
    - Since my current visa has the name of old employer, it is my understanding that I will not be eligible for the interview waiver/dropbox program. Is that correct?
    - I am getting married on December 11. Do I take the H1B restamping and H4 application interview date together ie in one slot? Or should it be done in separate interviews?
    - If in the same slot, do I mention “Married” in the Personal Information section of the DS-160 that I am currently filling up? I am a little confused about this process.

DS-160 question:
    - My passport has the Surname blank and Given name as “ABC XYZ”. What should be filled up in the DS-160 form?
    - While filling up the DS 160, do I provide the US address as the Home address or the address in India as the Home Address.

Appreciate any advice/assistance that you can provide.

Thanks
    Yes as you changed employer you are not eligible for drop box.
    Yes I would suggest you take the H1 and H4 visa interview slot together.
    DS-160 should be as of date of interview, so if you are married on that day yes , you have to enter "Married", also if you two not married on that day you cannot take youu spouse for H4 interview along with you.
    -Fill as per your petition.
    - India address.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X