Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expired H1 Stamp on Passport but approved I-797. Is it safe to go near Mexico border?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired H1 Stamp on Passport but approved I-797. Is it safe to go near Mexico border?

I was with employer A till last year and have a H1 visa stamp which expired last year. I have now approved I797 from employer B but no visa stamp with updated information. I am planning to visit a place near mexico border in texas but NOT crossing the border. While coming back i will have to pass through Border patrol checkpoint. Do you see any risk in this ?

Hello, CodeTexas.

A number of people go to Canada to get their visas. Many go to Mexico too. What i have heard is if you return in a few days, then the visa officer gives you the same I-94 that he took from your passport. So, people seeking exit and re-entry to extend I-94 face challenges doing this.

Since you will be returning with a new visa, things will be hopefully alright for you.

Wishing you luck. Personal opinion.

Cheers,

Originally posted by codetexas View Post
    I was with employer A till last year and have a H1 visa stamp which expired last year. I have now approved I797 from employer B but no visa stamp with updated information. I am planning to visit a place near mexico border in texas but NOT crossing the border. While coming back i will have to pass through Border patrol checkpoint. Do you see any risk in this ?
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, CodeTexas.

A number of people go to Canada to get their visas. Many go to Mexico too. What i have heard is if you return in a few days, then the visa officer gives you the same I-94 that he took from your passport. So, people seeking exit and re-entry to extend I-94 face challenges doing this.

Since you will be returning with a new visa, things will be hopefully alright for you.

Wishing you luck. Personal opinion.

Cheers,
      HI Nattybone,

Thank you very much for your help. I am not going to cross the BORDER of USA. I will be in USA only but just near Border. While returning from Big Bend Natl Park I will have to go through Marfa Checkpoint.

Thanks,
      anup

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X