Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1. Stamping of h1

Hi,

I applied for my H1b last year and it got approved. I was on H4 visa. Me and my husband came back to India(July 2014) due to my husband's visa issue only after approval of my H1b visa in June 2014. Not sure if I abandoned COS.
    I have I 797 A, and Offer letter with me. Now we want to go to US next month. I am not sure on which visa I should go H4 or H1b?
    If on H1b what all documents I will need for H1b stamping in Mumbai consulate.

I don't have client letter and pay stubs (as I have not started working in US yet). Are these things mandatory?

I really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on the same.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by hetha View Post
    Hi,

I applied for my H1b last year and it got approved. I was on H4 visa. Me and my husband came back to India(July 2014) due to my husband's visa issue only after approval of my H1b visa in June 2014. Not sure if I abandoned COS.
    I have I 797 A, and Offer letter with me. Now we want to go to US next month. I am not sure on which visa I should go H4 or H1b?
    If on H1b what all documents I will need for H1b stamping in Mumbai consulate.

I don't have client letter and pay stubs (as I have not started working in US yet). Are these things mandatory?

I really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on the same.

Thanks in advance
    Was your H1 applied as COS or as Consular process? What was the COS date? If the H1 was supposed to start on 01-OCt-2014 then its most likely that you didnt go out of Status.

As for H1 stamping, if the employer is not a large MNC then advisable to take the client letter with you as that provides surety of your work in US.

If your employer cannot get end client letter for you, then advisable to go for H4 stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X